Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-04-2023, 12:43 PM   #11
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

hopefully they do something cool and well painted for the statues, since warhammer miniatures are all about the details. And not just a rehash of the old sideshow warhammer statues, which were ok back then but look very uninspired nowadays.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 11:23 PM   #12
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
hopefully they do something cool and well painted for the statues, since warhammer miniatures are all about the details. And not just a rehash of the old sideshow warhammer statues, which were ok back then but look very uninspired nowadays.
I don't think sideshow did any warhammer statues did they o_0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I'm just basing what I know about this license from the SpaceMarine video game but I'd love to own a cool version of that armor.
That's Space Marine (astartes) armor. Pretty standard style too nothing cartoony (like the game P1 did). Space Marines are the bread and butter of WH40k marketing and definitely the most popular image so without a doubt they would be among the top choices. I think everyone except for the xenos fans (of which there are far fewer) is hoping for a Horus vs The Emperor.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 04:32 PM   #13
dao2
Cyclops

First statue is up and no surprise but it's a blueberry. I am a bit shocked at the price though because goddamn is that pricey.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...utenant-titus/

Abaddon and Celestine is coming soon apparently.

I think they are being incredibly optimistic for having 1300 for the limited edition and then an open edition on top of that :<
Old 11-16-2023, 05:01 PM   #14
Blade3327
Nightwing

60cm, around 24" tall. The character is so huge compared to a human that in 1/6, he's the size of a typical 1/4. With that in mind, the price isn't unheard of. Seems to be the going rate for more premium statues of that size. But yeah, the ES is pretty big.

I will say it's the most appealing large-format 40K piece I've seen. Not too busy, not too simple. Very curious to see Celestine, she'd make for a regal piece.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 05:15 PM   #15
dao2
Cyclops

I am aware that they are basically 1/4th scale (a bit less) but it's still pricey, the HMO one with Gully (which is way bigger than a regular spacemarine) and a second space marine and just overall a bigger dio was way cheaper.

If they can do the paint like the proto I would say the price is more warranted but $1,200/1,400 is still steep. And yay wayyyy optimistic on that ES.

They show a bit of celestine at the end of the video in case you didn't see it.
Old 11-16-2023, 05:27 PM   #16
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
They show a bit of celestine at the end of the video in case you didn't see it.
Ah, so they do. Yep, she'll be great indeed. Not sure about the environment piece behind her, but it's a personal taste thing. Seems like they're being thoughtful about not going overboard with any of these.

Wonder what that fourth character will be. Guilliman? The Emperor?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 05:28 PM   #17
dao2
Cyclops

I hope not a Gully as I'm perfectly happy with my HMO one. Everyone would love an Emperor of course, we'll see if GW allows it :P

edit: also the rubble behind Celestine looks like it's going to be part of a chapel, specifically a stained glass window/mural, they are just bluring out what is going to be on that to be a surprise I guess.
Old 11-16-2023, 06:59 PM   #18
dao2
Cyclops

Additional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J30aKXnMgRU&t=230s

Saw someone point out maybe it's an orc cause they have a design next to celestine and abaddon there at the end, though maybe it's a SoB instead as on the left. or none of these maybe it really is a secret :P
Old 11-17-2023, 03:06 AM   #19
KiDD
Birdman

I think that Titus was a great choice for a mandatory space marine. That being said and after seeing the price, I kinda wish that they did these in reg. 1/6 scale rather than actual 1/6, he's very pricey... But he does look awesome.

I do wish that they do some actual human-sized characters after the Living saint and the Despoiler. Eisenhorn would be dreamy for all of the 40K novel fans and maybe affordable as well
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 10:55 AM   #20
Rowzey
Frackin!

I am hopeful for the line with the fact they have 4 already lined up. Price is a bit off putting but between that price and having an open edition the fomo isn't really kicking in. May grab Titus down the line.
Rowzey is offline   Reply With Quote