Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #491
67wm
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
Not really.........Cobra Commander's mask was weak IMO. Zartan was a waste, he shouldn't have been in the movie at all. One of the concepts behind it(nanotech) was kind of weak.

Stormshadow was in the movie A LOT, I think he had a bigger part than Snake eyes.

Scarlet didn't really have a relationship with Snake eyes, but a diff character. Her character wasn't very "true" to the comic.

Dennis Quaid wasn't very good. Brendan Fraiser was Flint...made me laugh............

Don't get me wrong, the story was OK and the fx were pretty good. They could have done more with it, but for a summer pop corn movie it was pretty good. Check your brain at the door.
wasn't Destro in it also? doesn't sound like they were expecting a sequel and tried to cram everybody they could (except for the Joes) into this one just in case.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #492
67wm
The Flash

Quote:
After more thought, I did not care for how they handled the Baroness. They could have done a LOT more with her. Very weak as it turns out. They focused most of the movie on Duke, Baroness, Ripcord and Scarlet. I would have like to see more Snake eyes.
was the mask with a mouth that distracting? I know some people have had issues with it - they didn't have him talk did they??
Old 08-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #493
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67wm View Post
wasn't Destro in it also? doesn't sound like they were expecting a sequel and tried to cram everybody they could (except for the Joes) into this one just in case.
Yes, Destro was in it, but only technically. If I say more it would ruin it for you.

I am sure you will notice the same stuff I did in the movie. I hashed out a "surprise" about half way thru the movie. It didn't really work for me.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #494
67wm
The Flash

Quote:
Yes, Destro was in it, but only technically. If I say more it would ruin it for you.

I am sure you will notice the same stuff I did in the movie. I hashed out a "surprise" about half way thru the movie. It didn't really work for me.
so not so much for the older 'hardcore' Joe nerds?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #495
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
was the mask with a mouth that distracting? I know some people have had issues with it - they didn't have him talk did they??
Yeah, that was one thing I really din't like. No he did not talk in the movie. He prolly only had 15 minutes of screen time, besides sitting moodily in the back ground or standing semi off camera swing a sword or exuding danger and ninja abilities.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #496
67wm
The Flash

Quote:

Might try and catch it after birthday dinner tomorrow, but probably not. hard to say right now
Old 08-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #497
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
so not so much for the older 'hardcore' Joe nerds?
Not really. IMO, they really dummied it down for the casual viewer.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #498
67wm
The Flash

Quote:
Yeah, that was one thing I really din't like. No he did not talk in the movie. He prolly only had 15 minutes of screen time, besides sitting moodily in the back ground or standing semi off camera swing a sword or exuding danger and ninja abilities.
well that's one plus then, but it also makes less sense to have the mouth if you don't talk!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #499
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Quote:
well that's one plus then, but it also makes less sense to have the mouth if you don't talk!!!
Yeah, it was kind of dumb.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #500
67wm
The Flash

Quote:
Not really. IMO, they really dummied it down for the casual viewer.
sad part is, the movie execs probably don't feel it was dumbed down at all. Here let's give them a G.I. Joe movie with no consideration at all toward the history and throw in some explosions! They'll love it!!
Closed Thread