Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-07-2020, 11:32 AM   #1671
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm sure it's in this thread, but there are oodles of pages...so forgive me asking.

Where do you buy your Omnis from? Amazon is always an option, but I do like to support entities other than the ruler of the world
Also Talesofwonder.com. I think they are the same company as Instocktrades though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #1672
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh hey hey, look at these handy websites. Thanks guys!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:39 PM   #1673
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I usually go here as well as Ebay

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com
This place has the best prices. Unfortunately they sell out quickly.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:29 AM   #1674
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
This place has the best prices. Unfortunately they sell out quickly.
Agreed!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:35 PM   #1675
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm sure it's in this thread, but there are oodles of pages...so forgive me asking.

Where do you buy your Omnis from? Amazon is always an option, but I do like to support entities other than the ruler of the world
Here's the run down of the places I use:

Instocktrades - Excellent packaging and prices. Offers free shipping on orders of $50 or more, plus the option of paying $4.00 to upgrade from USPS to UPS. However, the negatives are that even though they're called in stock trades, they often don't have books in stock that they say they do. So, you can wait weeks to a month for a book that was listed as available only to be told later they don't have it. For example, I ordered a book on Nov. 17th that was listed as available. As of today, it is still a pending order and I have no clue if I will get the book or not. Another book I ordered during their Black Friday sale, I just was told yesterday that it's out of stock and they can either let me choose a different book or get a refund.

Cheapgraphicnovels - Excellent packaging and good prices, though slightly more expensive than Instocktrades. No free shipping. However, they specifically call out on their site whether the item is in stock or by special order only so you have a better estimate of time when you place your order. Also, they pride themselves on once you place your order, the book is yours. You don't have to worry about getting an email a month later saying 'oops we don't have your item.'

DCBS Service - The parent company of Instocktrades, however their big benefit is pre-ordering books (IST doesn't do pre-orders). They list new pre-orders each month and you have that month to place your order. However, because you're pre-ordering many months in advance you're practically guaranteed to get all of the books you order. They also package immaculately as well.

TalesofWonder - Another division of DCBS/Instocktrades. I don't have much knowledge of them as I've only placed one order for four different X books, all of which come out at different times. The first of my books did arrive perfectly though, so that's a plus. On the other hand, I did e-mail them three times over the course of a month to get an answer I had to a simple question. So, don't expect timely replies to e-mails.

Amazon - Pretty self explanatory. As long as you're ordering from Amazon themselves and not a third party, you can pretty much be guaranteed that their stock is correct. Most books arrive next day or a couple days later, but their packaging is non-existent. It's basically the book thrown in a cardboard box with no protection. So, while I have received perfect books from them, I've also received damaged books. Once, I received the totally wrong book and two or three times they've sent me used copies of books that were being sold as new. Luckily, their return/exchange policy is awesome.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:46 PM   #1676
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Ordered Uncanny X-Men Omni volume 2. I’ll be getting 3 and 4 along with Excalibur, Jim Lee X-Men and Inferno omnibus books. I’ll be set for X-Men books after March/April.
I have omnibus editions of X-Men 1 & 2 and Uncanny X-Men 1-3 and I'll get #4 but if the next one that is announced stops just before the Mutant Massacre story then I'll stop there too. The X-Men went crossover crazy at that point and I can do without those.

The only later X-Men issues I feel are necessary to have in hardcover format are Grant Morrison's New X-Men and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:10 PM   #1677
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I have omnibus editions of X-Men 1 & 2 and Uncanny X-Men 1-3 and I'll get #4 but if the next one that is announced stops just before the Mutant Massacre story then I'll stop there too. The X-Men went crossover crazy at that point and I can do without those.

The only later X-Men issues I feel are necessary to have in hardcover format are Grant Morrison's New X-Men and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.
Nearmint Condition was talking about Uncanny volume 5 a couple weeks ago. He said there is enough for one omnibus that’s about 1,100 pages but it seems to me if there is that much they would make two out of that material. I would most likely get either. And now that I think about it, I may try to track down an Uncanny X-Force omni.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:43 AM   #1678
protector2814
Phoenix

My new Moon Knight omni. arrived yesterday & she's a fatty. I own most of everything presented here, but I'm glad I have it all together. The Finch' cover is awesome.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:52 AM   #1679
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
My new Moon Knight omni. arrived yesterday & she's a fatty. I own most of everything presented here, but I'm glad I have it all together. The Finch' cover is awesome.

Nice. Getting the Finch cover as well. Still waiting on mine. Hopefully we'll get more MK omnis.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #1680
Davidian
Omega Flight

Uncanny X-Men vol 4 is up for preorder at CGN! Snagged my Romita cover.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote