Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #211
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Well, I finally got around to opening my replacement and Sideshow never numbered it. Should I even bother contacting them?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 07:47 AM   #212
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

After a long winding road, Poxxil finally pecked his way in. My reaction in short(?), a wickedly satisfying grin.

I always dug the COTD line, but vowed not to collect due to funds/space, & resigned myself to admire from afar. Then Covid hit.

As all dealt with the Covid thing, I quickly decided that rather than getting my head wrapped in uncertain dreads, I headed towards COTD instead. Bought Death & made the pact, convinced the wife & never looked back, ...........until something strange happened.

As mentioned, i convinced the wife, with her even complimenting the textile/fab designs for the Death statue, so i figured all was good. But with the passage of time, Death's pointing finger starting "freaking' her out, every time that figure/finger was pointing directly at her, locking her in it's sights!

Solution? Get a few more COTD "wing-men" to flank Death of course! Now Death was not pointing randomly about the room, but rather directing his minions, ( bought Oglaveil next), & now Poxxil to complete the 3 figure display. Don't ask why, but it worked for all concerned. I got two extra unplanned figures, making the dastardly trio look wickedly cool, & the new narrative appeases/buffers the wife state of mind. She's a great gal.

As for Poxxil? He's been around for way too long now, as the sculpt, concept/design, paint are all wonderfully done. Yes, light as a feather, but considering the creature, fits the bird. A great, uniquely executed design.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:24 AM   #213
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
After a long winding road, Poxxil finally pecked his way in. My reaction in short(?), a wickedly satisfying grin.

I always dug the COTD line, but vowed not to collect due to funds/space, & resigned myself to admire from afar. Then Covid hit.

As all dealt with the Covid thing, I quickly decided that rather than getting my head wrapped in uncertain dreads, I headed towards COTD instead. Bought Death & made the pact, convinced the wife & never looked back, ...........until something strange happened.

As mentioned, i convinced the wife, with her even complimenting the textile/fab designs for the Death statue, so i figured all was good. But with the passage of time, Death's pointing finger starting "freaking' her out, every time that figure/finger was pointing directly at her, locking her in it's sights!

Solution? Get a few more COTD "wing-men" to flank Death of course! Now Death was not pointing randomly about the room, but rather directing his minions, ( bought Oglaveil next), & now Poxxil to complete the 3 figure display. Don't ask why, but it worked for all concerned. I got two extra unplanned figures, making the dastardly trio look wickedly cool, & the new narrative appeases/buffers the wife state of mind. She's a great gal.

As for Poxxil? He's been around for way too long now, as the sculpt, concept/design, paint are all wonderfully done. Yes, light as a feather, but considering the creature, fits the bird. A great, uniquely executed design.

A really great text you wrote here, I felt like I was there with you
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:37 PM   #214
MegatronG1
The X-Men

"The" wife. I notice this being said much in these hobby circles. I guess it figures, considering the genre.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:19 PM   #215
Thor57
Teen Titans

Welcome to the Court collection Divo. There aren’t an overwhelming amount of us, but those of us there are, are fierce. You got three good ones, but I feel some of the better ones still await you. If you can, and are so inclined, track down Malavestros, Mortighull and Odium. They are all beautiful pieces.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:08 AM   #216
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post

A really great text you wrote here, I felt like I was there with you

You are. As us deadheads stick together even from afar.
Old 11-14-2022, 09:22 AM   #217
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Welcome to the Court collection Divo. There aren?t an overwhelming amount of us, but those of us there are, are fierce. You got three good ones, but I feel some of the better ones still await you. If you can, and are so inclined, track down Malavestros, Mortighull and Odium. They are all beautiful pieces.

Thanks, but in fact there are more "dead" on this planet than the living, it's just a matter of tuning into the vibe, & then letting it ride,.................if you have the guts!(pun intended)

Your suggestions are all excellent, & though I've tried fighting tooth & nail to not fall under death's siren spell? To no avail. I've gazed into the abyss, and have fallen.

And my ride towards hell so far(?), has been diabolically delightful!!!