Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-23-2016, 12:00 PM   #91
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
I'm a few episodes behind but just watched the battle of central park.

Feeling like the series has dropped off a little but still liking it
Be careful about the posts in this thread, lots of potential spoilers
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:46 AM   #92
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Be careful about the posts in this thread, lots of potential spoilers
Yep been trying to keep away and slowly catching up with the episodes

I'm seeing quite a bit of difference between the series and the books now so interested in how the series progresses
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #93
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The first thing that they should always do in these shows is to kill the kid. It'll save them a whole load of aggro later on...
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #94
abarron
Batman

Just finished the season finale last night

Man that kid needs to go
Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #95
johnclone
The Enchantress

I really enjoy the show, but yeah, nobody wants a son that is that evil, what made it worse is after he presses the button the dad is still like "Son, where are you? Come back, we can work things out!" And the mom is hideous, yet the kid is like, "Mom, can you tuck me in?" I'm really tired of that kid.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:59 PM   #96
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Looks like the last season of The STrain started up again. I don't have cable anymore and I am not sure if Hulu keeps up with the series or I have to wait for the series to end and the watch it on Hulu.

Just wondering how the first couple episodes have been and if they've killed off that annoying kid yet.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #97
whd
Suicide Squad

It's the final season and it seems to be moving at a good pace. Nearly a year has passed since the previous finale and into the second episode they are still fleshing out the new world order. A lot of very obvious parallels to Nazi Germany. The kid is likely to be around until the bitter end.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #98
johnclone
The Enchantress

Despite how depressing I thought the finale was, I'm still invested in the show for another go around especially knowing that this is it, but it is kind of interesting, as whd said we are in a new reality *story arc where the Strigoi are now sunproof due to the nuclear winter after the big splosion.

I'm not sure how this exactly works but they are able to go outside in the daylight and the sun doesn't effect them at all anymore. So they have basically taken over NYC. I don't know why the government hasn't bombed the whole city, but they haven't and apparently are leaving NYC alone and you don't see anything that suggests the army is trying to go in and take the city back. Perhaps other cities are dealing with their own Strigoi invasions by now.

So, since they are free to do as they please, the Strigoi are creating these different "centers" where people can go and give blood in return for perks like free medical care. Doubtless there is or will be something happening to people at these centers that nobody is aware of yet, the Strigoi also are taking women who are fertile and b positive blood type and impregnating them with Strigoi babies. I don't know why they just don't turn them as usual. There are a lot of unanswered questions as to what exactly is the ultimate plan of the Strigoi. But it is interesting so far and I'm curious to see where it all ends up.

Since the Strigoi are leaving a lot of people as human, yet they are under their control, it does echo the history of regimes occupying territories and placing all of the people under their control. Most of the supplies and food are now controlled by the Strigoi. There are a few pockets of people here and there that are trading with each other for things but doing this runs the risk that they will be caught by the Strigoi.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #99
johnclone
The Enchantress

Whoa. This show. Not for the squeamish.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:39 AM   #100
abarron
Batman

The channel that showed the first 3 seasons hasn't picked up the fourth which doesn't make any sense to me

Guess i'll have to try and catch it online