Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-31-2019, 09:07 AM   #91
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post

I have to say they look pretty comparable, and almost half the price!
To me the Tweeter head looks better, and at nearly half price is just the nail in the coffin.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:10 AM   #92
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You mean chaps wearing batman in the cemetery... I'm just glad the only thing XM stole from that was the idea of a headstone
Yeah i’m not a fan of that costume either. SS base is better though, while XM used the idea their base doesnt look particularly good.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:53 AM   #93
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Although its from the cover no one was implementing a gravestone idea before SS.
The whole line is based on comic covers. They don´t use the idea, they produce the cover as a statue! It´s the 80 years of Batman iconic covers line.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #94
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
The whole line is based on comic covers. They don´t use the idea, they produce the cover as a statue! It´s the 80 years of Batman iconic covers line.

And out of the myriad of iconic batman covers from the last 80 years they use one with a gravestone theme.

Don’t even think that cover is considered iconic, honestly think xm just wanted to do a gravestone batman like SS.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #95
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
And out of the myriad of iconic batman covers from the last 80 years they use one with a gravestone theme.

Don’t even think that cover is considered iconic, honestly think xm just wanted to do a gravestone batman like SS.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:24 PM   #96
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Yeah man, I’m sorry i had to be the one to even bring it up. But XM had a whole host of covers they could’ve chosen from. And if i’m being totally honest, while i think the figure itself looks good (aside from the suit texturing and the base) this statue doesn’t do that cover justice. Maybe the figure is a bit too short idk.

Old 08-31-2019, 12:46 PM   #97
onesixth
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Seems to be crouching weirdly. Wonder if that's because he is facing us, while on the cover his body is a bit sideways.
onesixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:52 PM   #98
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Just one page back.

Quote:
Picture from the print. Much better angle.

Old 08-31-2019, 02:13 PM   #99
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Yeah man, I’m sorry i had to be the one to even bring it up. But XM had a whole host of covers they could’ve chosen from. And if i’m being totally honest, while i think the figure itself looks good (aside from the suit texturing and the base) this statue doesn’t do that cover justice. Maybe the figure is a bit too short idk.

[/IMG]
Using your logic then SS did nothing but copy all the DC Collectible Statues where Batman was standing on or near a gargoyle statue, also DC Collectibles has a few statues of Batman with graves stones, so I guess SS copied them on that.

Oh wait lets take another step forward into absurd conversations since you seem to like them, SS copied DC Collectibles black and grey outfit because DC Collectibles did it first...

your such a troll
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:33 PM   #100
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Using your logic then SS did nothing but copy all the DC Collectible Statues where Batman was standing on or near a gargoyle statue, also DC Collectibles has a few statues of Batman with graves stones, so I guess SS copied them on that.

Oh wait lets take another step forward into absurd conversations since you seem to like them, SS copied DC Collectibles black and grey outfit because DC Collectibles did it first...

your such a troll
Nah man, batman on gargoyles, rooftops, etc are common batman motif’s, no different than a superman fortress base or a ww greek base, but batman in graveyards isn’t as common place, before SS i hadn’t/haven’t seen a batman statue in that environment. And now all of a sudden here comes xm conveniently picking a graveyard cover among 80 years of bat cover history, coincidence, i think not.

lol i feel like your trolling me by saying i’m trolling.