Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-10-2019, 05:56 AM   #51
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
really?

The Blair Witch Project did zero for me.
I watched it, it was ok. It felt like one long stint in the woods followed by a quick rush of action in some building..
I'm still not quite sure what was in the building?
Yeah I agree
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:48 AM   #52
ukshaun
Hercules

There was a time, the final scene from Friday the 13th completely did me in. They deployed a commonly used movie mechanic (there's probably a better word than mechanic, that i cannot think of right now) to put the viewer at ease, daylight, the police, everyone's safe now..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #53
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I was in like 5-6th grade when the original Pet Sematary came out, and at the time, it scared the hell out of me. From Zelda, to the bloody guy that kept popping up to the little boy (Gage) who came back from the dead.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #54
moon_knight1971
Rescue

The original Exorcist and the REMAKE of The Evil Dead. I had to watch a nature program for a few minutes to calm myself down
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #55
MrYac
Hercules

I remember Nightmare on Elm Street 2 freaking me out from when I was a kid. it was specifically the scene where Freddy busts out of the kid and takes over his body, something about that just really got me.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #56
Vracula
Jedi Order

Paranormal activity and The Ring had me scared during day Light

Paranormal activity especially made me fall in love with White noise while sleeping. I had to do it drown out all the creaks and moans of the house at night lol. The silence was the real monster in that movie. It won’t be as scary during a rewatch I reckon.

Visually The exorcist is still my fav.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #57
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Exorcist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even sure how old i was when i watched it for the first time... But that girl who was posesed by pazuzu has always given me the chills... that tortured demonic face of her....
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #58
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

im going to also say the original texas chainsaw massacre

I really like the supernatural horror, but there was just something so visceral and real about texas chainsaw massacre, like it could happen to anybody who was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Just imagining the sheer terror of being in a situation like that is a nightmare on its own, i've never felt as uneasy watching a movie as I did with this one, I had the same feeling watching the remake with Jessica Biel which I thought was very well done as well

hmm, perhaps a texas chainsaw marathon is in order...
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #59
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Scariest movie I've ever seen is They Live because it's a true story.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:00 PM   #60
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Oh jump scares count...when someone says to me after a horror movie "Oh that wasn't even scary!" Really! cause you jumped 6 times during it lol. I get what you're saying when it comes to the creep factor of a movie cause that is a must in order to make it scary for me. Just the music from Halloween alone gives me chills to this day still.
A friend of mine can literally go "Boo" or even 'Hey" and I'll jump over and over if I'm not expecting it. I'm not scared, I'm startled by the shift from quiet to loud or not expecting someone to touch me.

None of that sticks with me though. I'll sleep fine after being startled six times in a horror film. Now, if something really gives me a sense of dread it can actually temporarily affect my cognition to have stress and anxiety hours or days after.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote