Statue Forum 

XM Studios

Tweeterhead

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Forum Awards!

View Poll Results: Pick your favourite X-Large Scale statue of 2014 - Pick 1
Blade 2 Reaper 1:1 bust by Elite Creature Collectibles 14 7.57%
Alien Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust by Sideshow 10 5.41%
Bruce Lee 40th anniversary statue by Blitzway 46 24.86%
Joker Life Sized Bust by Sideshow 27 14.59%
Megatron Maquette by Prime 1 Studios 55 29.73%
Scorpion Life Sized Bust Pop Culture Shock 21 11.35%
Iron Man Mark VII Legendary Scale Figure by Sideshow 8 4.32%
Other 4 2.16%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #11
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
This is a tough category for me as the two I liked the most were plagued with quality control issues... Had the Alien Chap bust reached it's potential, I would have gladly voted for it. Had the Joker used acrylic eyes and kept the mouth looking as originally planned, that one would have had an awesome shot too. Alas, I think the days of rewarding what could have been as if it was, should be a thing of the past. I'm going to vote for the piece which I think truly earned it and not for something/one who should have earned it.

Megatron. Although I'm not a Transformers fan, there's no mistaking the stellar craftsmanship of this design.
I was really interested in both of those busts, but lacked the funds. So what went wrong with Alien Chap, the prototype blew me away.

And what did they do differently with the Joker one? Is it not like that picture above (posted in OP)?
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #12
risingstar
SF Reviewer Mod
SF Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I was really interested in both of those busts, but lacked the funds. So what went wrong with Alien Chap, the prototype blew me away.

And what did they do differently with the Joker one? Is it not like that picture above (posted in OP)?

I prefer not to derail the thread with going into greater detail about that. However, if you flip through the pages of the Alien and Joker busts threads, you'll get a better sense of what I meant.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I prefer not to derail the thread with going into greater detail about that. However, if you flip through the pages of the Alien and Joker busts threads, you'll get a better sense of what I meant.
Thanks for the heads up, was a bit of reading, but definitely opens my eyes to SS's ordering process. Gonna have to make sure I hold off ordering Kerrigan later this year till some reviews are out... :/
Old 01-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #14
SolidLiquidFox
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Bruce Lee was my vote as well. I don't care for Transformer movie collectibles as the movies are just not that great or memorable. Not to take anything away from Megatron but the Bruce Lee likeness gives it the edge.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #15
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Bruce Lee was my vote as well. I don't care for Transformer movie collectibles as the movies are just not that great or memorable. Not to take anything away from Megatron but the Bruce Lee likeness gives it the edge.
Same, and can't wait to get the Game of Death one this year Had to pass on this one myself just because I do not care for the yellow jump suit even though it is so iconic.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #16
JP Sarri
Chief Reviewer
SF Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Quote:
Same, and can't wait to get the Game of Death one this year Had to pass on this one myself just because I do not care for the yellow jump suit even though it is so iconic.
I agree with both of you. Bruce Lee is awesome!!

Click a link below and follow me ->
YouTube Facebook Twitter Instagram
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:05 PM   #17
jye318
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Sorry I love that BL !!
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:26 PM   #18
Drum18
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
It seems as though there is controversy surrounding many pieces these days, and you're right, Iron Man was no exception. However, I have seen many people (and spoken to some of them) post about the Iron Man piece, and many people are happy with it.

That said, just because it is on the list, doesn't mean it needs to get your vote. Let's just say I know what I want to win, and it ain't Iron Man.
No I understand your point. It's next to me here, overal I'm satisfied with it, but it's NOTHING compared to the level of awesomeness of Megatron or others...
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #19
gomur
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Megatron Maquette is an incredible statue, but I can't get over the ZERO interest I have for the movie incarnation. It just doesn't hold a candle to the memorable toy and cartoon version of yesteryear. Bruce Lee with my vote. Alien Big Chap and Joker not far behind.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #20
Shoo
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
Bruce Lee, no question.
Ditto. I love, love, love mine. Best statue I own, period, and a real show-stopper at my home, especially among non-collectors.

It also gets extra points for pioneering the hybrid statue concept. This statue marked a turning point, guys! It's historically important!

Quote:
Same, and can't wait to get the Game of Death one this year
You mean Enter the Dragon.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote