Statue Forum 

XM Studios

Tweeterhead

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Forum Awards!

Old 01-21-2015, 12:50 PM   #21
luiggi505
Death is hereditary.

SS still get my vote. How many statue released XM last year? 3 or 4 what a joke! SS is more affordable for the average collector than XM even if they get the US license. Plus you have the most amazing sculptors working for them.
luiggi505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #22
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I voted for PCS. They got me into this hobby and are the reason I'm going broke.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:47 PM   #23
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiggi505 View Post
SS still get my vote. How many statue released XM last year? 3 or 4 what a joke! SS is more affordable for the average collector than XM even if they get the US license. Plus you have the most amazing sculptors working for them.
By the end of last year XM had only put out 2 statues, Hulk and Captain America, period. They now have the Black Widow and Iron Man Mark 42, but both have recalls do to massive QC issues. Now XM is handling those issues like a champion company should though. With all of that being said I think that XM has AMAZING PROMISE, and if they live up to that promise and potential they may change the industry. Lets see how the year plays out, but for now SSC gets my vote, but next year may be a different story.

I will say though that I disagree about the SSC sculptors being better than XMs because damn if XM doesn't have some damn talented guys who I think given time will be able names as well known as Canale. Sosa and David P alone are doing some kickass work.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #24
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to remind everyone that you can only vote ONCE!

Even though the form will record all votes, all duplicate votes by the same user are being deleted. Only your first vote will be recorded.

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far!

WONDER FESTIVAL (WINTER) 2018 COVERAGE!! Go HERE for more info.

Latest Reviews:
HMO Bounties of Bathos Ren
Kinetiquettes Femmes Fatale Juri Han
Prime 1 Studio Spider-Man 2099

My Instagram Page
Visit my new website BMUTHA.COM
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:59 PM   #25
risingstar
SF Reviewer Mod
SF Reviewer

Although XM didn't produce as much this year as Sideshow or other companies, they get my pick for the following reasons:

1) Fabulous communication with the fanbase
2) They wanted to compete with the industry's top 1/4 scale market. From day 1, their intent was to shake up the industry -- and they succeeded
3) Pride in their work, and fearlessness in taking chances. Offering statues from overseas with higher ticket prices and $200-$300 shipping rates takes major balls -- yet, the fanbase came running. XM made their product that irresistible.
4) Their work to date has been remarkable. It seems 2015 will be their year.

For me, Sideshow's year can be summed up in one quote, "We never told you it wouldn't be made of plastic". While I'm still on board with Sideshow, that quote was a new chapter moment for me. XM presented a long and eagerly awaited option for the fanbase. I think fans were prepared to have statues ship from anywhere on the planet so long as the QC was reliable.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #26
Shoo
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
For me, Sideshow's year can be summed up in one quote, "We never told you it wouldn't be made of plastic". While I'm still on board with Sideshow, that quote was a new chapter moment for me.
That quote was definitely a blunder. I couldn't believe it when I read it.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #27
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiggi505 View Post
Genius...so you can only get on this list if you produce as many statues as SS then!?! guess we might as well call the voting to a close then

Quote:
Although XM didn't produce as much this year as Sideshow or other companies, they get my pick for the following reasons:

1) Fabulous communication with the fanbase
2) They wanted to compete with the industry's top 1/4 scale market. From day 1, their intent was to shake up the industry -- and they succeeded
3) Pride in their work, and fearlessness in taking chances. Offering statues from overseas with higher ticket prices and $200-$300 shipping rates takes major balls -- yet, the fanbase came running. XM made their product that irresistible.
4) Their work to date has been remarkable. It seems 2015 will be their year.

For me, Sideshow's year can be summed up in one quote, "We never told you it wouldn't be made of plastic". While I'm still on board with Sideshow, that quote was a new chapter moment for me. XM presented a long and eagerly awaited option for the fanbase. I think fans were prepared to have statues ship from anywhere on the planet so long as the QC was reliable.
Lol, I didnt' know that was said. Oh dear.

I only received Cap from XM last year and several from SS. Love them all. Had issues on both sides and both sides are getting sorted.

However for me I agree with every RS has posted above +

1) The sheer speed with which things get done: I tend to lose a bit of interest these days when SS does a sneak and then a year or more later you are still waiting patiently. XM mention things and then bam, WIPs are up for all to see.

2) they take into account what fans say and change it (not all the time mind you) super fast.

3) the fact they are offering fans the choice of many statues they have been begging SS to do for years. Hopefully this will spur SS on a bit now...seems it may possibly have on the new spidey line (or may not, perhaps the new series of statues was already in the works but I've got a feeling XMs line may have had something to do with SS pushing it out given the lengths SS has supposedly gone to to block them on other fronts). Either way it's exciting as I love the look of that SS spidey and the XM Doc Oc

4) they have given fans the opportunity to interact in a way not many others do (and I'm not just talking about the competitions).

anyway, its great to see competition as it gives us collectors choice and leads to better product (we hope).

Whomever wins will be worthy on many fronts.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #28
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

Quote:
For me, Sideshow's year can be summed up in one quote, "We never told you it wouldn't be made of plastic".
Yes...that was a moment.

WONDER FESTIVAL (WINTER) 2018 COVERAGE!! Go HERE for more info.

Latest Reviews:
HMO Bounties of Bathos Ren
Kinetiquettes Femmes Fatale Juri Han
Prime 1 Studio Spider-Man 2099

My Instagram Page
Visit my new website BMUTHA.COM
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #29
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Deleted.

Last edited by JP Sarri; 01-24-2015 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Personal insults.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #30
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Yes...that was a moment.
I would like to see where that quote came from as I have been unable to find it, and don't know the context of it. I am not defending it mind you, just want to know the source and why it was said.

I will say that I think the love for XM is well deserved, and that I would not be surprised if they take this award. There attitude towards FIXING issues is what really sets them apart. What other company would recall 40% of their products in order to fix issues that may or may not affect everyone
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote