Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Marvel vs. DC - one more time
DC WINS! 20 50.00%
MARVEL WINS! 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #21
gomur
The Tick

Fun reading your picks, VaultMan and Meteor Man!

I recall the main fights like Lobo vs Wolverine being put to popular fan vote, so that would explain a number of those results.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #22
Thor57
Teen Titans

Havent read everyone's views yet, as I wanted to make my own, then go and read others to see if disagrees could change my opinion based off of their take.

1 Captain America vs Batman

In a pure fight, Captain America. Batman is awesome, and a very capable fighter. And I enjoy the character much more. He's my second favorite behind Thor, and used to be number one. But Captain America would simply outlast him. Batman would eventually get tired. And Cap is more than enough of a fighter to match until the weariness takes hold.

2 Quicksilver vs The Flash

Flash. For years he's displayed so much he could do with the speed force while Pietro is largely, just shown to be fast.

3 Iron Man vs Bizarro

Iron Man. Bizarro is physically stronger, but Tony has beaten foes like that before, and Bizarro is an idiot.

4 Spiderman vs Blue Beetle

Spider-Man. Genius and powers overcome genius and tech.

5 Invisible Woman vs Cyborg

Invisible Woman. She's secretly one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe. Much heavier hitters than Cyborg have shown to have little effect on her shields. Sue wins this one.

6 Hulk vs Superman

This is a tricky one. In a pure physical match, Hulk would win every time. But Superman isn't an idiot. And he's much, much, MUCH faster. If he utilizes everything at his disposal, Superman wins. But one mistake could be fatal.

7 Storm vs Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman, if written properly. She's been shown to be just under Superman and sometimes on par with Superman. Batman has stated in the books, multiple times, that if Superman ever goes rogue, its Diana that has to stop him.

8 Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern

Silver Surfer in a beat down of epic proportions. This isn't even fair. GL should have been put up against Nova in this thing.

9 Mr Fantastic vs Elongated Man

Reed. Simple.

10 Daredevil vs Nightwing

Uggg, I love Nightwing so much, but Daredevil in this. Batman would be hard pressed to beat Daredevil for a majority and that's not even a wash. DD takes this handily.

11 Green Goblin vs Joker

Green Goblin. Both great characters, both great villains, but on a pure physical match up, Joker cant compete. In a battle of wits, or an equal style prep match, Joker could and would win a lot. But in a straight, un planned fight, GG wins.

12 Kingpin vs Lex Luthor

Does Lex get his armor? If so, Lex. If not, Kingpin crushes his head.

13 Dr Doom vs Captain Atom

Captain Atom is a lot stronger than people give him credit for. And this depends on what Doom. Doom is obviously the better character, and if its tech and magic Doom, Doom whips him. If its only tech, Atom stands a chance.

14 Iceman vs Mr Freeze

Bobby is rumored to be an Omega level mutant. He crushes Freeze.

15 Deadpool vs Deathstroke

Deadpool cant die, so what justifies a win? Purely being decapitated, or chopped limb from limb leaving him incapable of continuing the fight? Deathstroke is a better fighter, and smarter. Deathstroke takes it.

16 Lizard vs Killer Croc

I don't know a lot about Lizard. I want to say he's stronger of the two. I'll say Lizard based off of Lizard gives Spider-Man problems and he has powers, where as Croc gets punked by Batman routinely.

17 Venom vs Bane

Love Bane, but Venom is to much.

18 Human Torch vs Fire

Human Torch

19 Nightcrawler vs Beast Boy

Nightcrawler in 2 seconds.

20 Thor vs Captain Marvel

Thor. He's so much more than the hammer, and been doing this for much longer than Billy. Plus, there is a theory that magical lightning, not just "Shazaam" lightning, can transform him. If that's true, Thor ends this one quick.

21 Wolverine vs Lobo

The biggest injustice in this thing. Lobo.

22 Elektra vs Catwoman

Elektra rolls.

23 Hydro-Man vs Aquaman

Don't know enough about Hydro-Man.

24 Electro vs Black Lightning

Black Lightning. Electro is a common thug, while BL is a really smart guy. That helps him out here.

25 Robin (Drake) vs Jubilee

Jubliee has the power, but Tim Drake is really, really good. I think he can take her.

25 Phoenix vs Mongul

LOL
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #23
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Fun reading your picks, VaultMan and Meteor Man!

I recall the main fights like Lobo vs Wolverine being put to popular fan vote, so that would explain a number of those results.
It was! Those cursed fans!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #24
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Hey Thor57! Love your picks!

Phoenix vs Mongul
Old 07-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #25
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post

1 Captain America vs Batman
2 Quicksilver vs The Flash
3 Iron Man vs Bizarro
4 Spiderman vs Blue Beetle
5 Invisible Woman vs Cyborg
6 Hulk vs Superman
7 Storm vs Wonder Woman
8 Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern
9 Mr Fantastic vs Elongated Man
10 Daredevil vs Nightwing
11 Green Goblin vs Joker
12 Kingpin vs Lex Luthor
13 Dr Doom vs Captain Atom
14 Iceman vs Mr Freeze
15 Deadpool vs Deathstroke
16 Lizard vs Killer Croc
17 Venom vs Bane
18 Human Torch vs Fire
19 Nightcrawler vs Beast Boy
20 Thor vs Captain Marvel
21 Wolverine vs Lobo
22 Elektra vs Catwoman
23 Hydro-Man vs Aquaman
25 Robin (Drake) vs Jubilee
25 Phoenix vs Mongul
I remember these books back in the day. Spider-Man (Ben) fought Superboy though

1. Captain America: Tough call. Batman is more resourceful, clever, and creative. In combat, Cap is stronger, more durable, and just as skilled as Batman. The reason I had no problems with Batman winning the original fight was because they fought in a dark sewer. This gave Batman the opportunity to strike, analyze, and retreat. The environment really needs to work in his favor. Without it, I think Captain America would eventually overpower him in raw combat. Both are experienced and very skilled fighters. However, the serum gives Cap a huge durability advantage so I have to give it to him.

2. Flash: This was first of the three match-ups that I found completely one-sided. Flash has far too powerful for Pietro to do anything.

3. Bizarro: Far too powerful for Tony to handle. He'll get ripped apart.

4. Spider-Man: This will be another day on the job for him. Agility, skills, strength and experience should allow him to pull off the win.

5. Invisible Woman: I can't stand Sue. Top 5 in my most disliked list but all she would need to do is make one of those stupid force fields and suffocate Cyborg. As much as I like Victor, those force fields are too strong. She'd get him before he's able to run a scan and launch an offense.

6. Superman: Superman is far too powerful and intelligent. Hulk would have to reach super pissed off levels to cause trouble for Superman

7. Wonder Woman: The second of the three fights I found to be one sided. Although Wonder Woman is a few heartbeats away from Superman's Power Level, what makes Wonder Woman even more dangerous than Supes is that she has no weaknesses. Top that off with being one of the (if not the best) warrior in the DCU, and no problems doing what it takes to get the job done, Storm should go down

8. Silver Surfer: Even if it was Hal, Surfer is far too much to handle for any Green Lantern

9. Mr Fantastic: I don't like the FF. However, Reed has been through more fights and he's probably the most intelligent man in the MCU. He's got this.

10. Daredevil: One of the closest fights listed. Nightwing is one of the best of the best. Skills, experience, leadership, and his suit is armed with many weapons including sonics that can probably disable DD. I'm edging with DD because he's just as good as Dick but those skills are increased because of his meta powers.

11. Joker: Green Goblin never fought somebody as horrible as the Joker. Joker is crazy and unpredictable. The Joker would end up killing Norman's family, his city and even himself to get the job done.

12. Lex Luthor: More intelligent, access to far stronger weaponry. He's the arch enemy of Superman. That alone says it all.

13. Dr Doom: He's practically at the top of the food chain in the Marvel Villains and for good reasons. He's at the top when it comes to technology, magic, and intelligence. There aren't many out there that are going to take this guy down.

14. Iceman: One-sided. He's an omega level mutant that froze the world. He can simply make an mountain of ice and drop it on freeze. How is Mr Freeze even able to harm him?

15. Deadpool: Deadpool's meta abilities are going to be too much. He's also borderline unkillable with his healing factor

16. Lizard: Another one-side fight. Far too strong and fast for Croc. He'll get ripped in half.

17. Venom: lolstomp. Bane at his most can life 2 tons probably. Venom 15. He's also faster, far more durable and he can get pretty creative with that symbiote.

18. Human Torch: He annoys the crap out of me, but his experience and power levels takes this.

19. Beast Boy: Interesting fight but with his powers and experience I think he'll take this. With all his shapeshifting abilities, I think he'll eventually be able to tag Nightcrawler

20. Thor: Extremely tough fight to call. Captain Marvel in my books has a stronger set of powers since its provided by various gods. Thor on the other hand is the real deal with more experience and a better fighter so I'm giving this one to him

21. Lobo: This was easily the worst fight I read in this story. Wolverine didn't even have his adamantium skeleton and claws when he fought Lobo! Even with them, Lobo has this. Far too powerful for Wolverine to take down. The dude fought Superman wasted and did ok. Wolverine shouldn't be able to do much here

22. Elektra: Meta so she's stronger, faster, and more agile. Better Fighter too.

23. Aquaman: Far more experienced, skilled, and Hydroman? That's like me fighting somebody made out of Pepsi

24: Robin: Easily

25. Phoenix: Even easier
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #26
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Fun read Komodo
Old 07-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #27
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
1 Captain America vs Batman - because hes batman
2 Quicksilver vs The Flash - quicksilvers a punk
3 Iron Man vs Bizarro - iron man could think of any million ways to outsmart bizarro and take him out
4 Spiderman vs Blue Beetle - spidermans got what it takes to take on some of the toughest villains, blue beetles no prob
5 Invisible Woman vs Cyborg - (truthfully I don't know much about either character, just guessing)
6 Hulk vs Superman
7 Storm vs Wonder Woman - wonder woman is an amazon, nuff said
8 Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern - power cosmic ftw
9 Mr Fantastic vs Elongated Man - elongated man is a joke, reed is one of the smartest men in comics
10 Daredevil vs Nightwing - this would be a good fight, but in the end radar sense makes the difference
11 Green Goblin vs Joker - joker is the most psychotic unhinged villain in comics
12 Kingpin vs Lex Luthor - luthor will find a way, he always does
13 Dr Doom vs Captain Atom - doom is doom
14 Iceman vs Mr Freeze - break freezes helmet / suit hes immediately vulnerable
15 Deadpool vs Deathstroke - deadpool can just about not die
16 Lizard vs Killer Croc - killer croc kills for fun, lizard is a villain by mistake and has doc connars deep in his conscience
17 Venom vs Bane - alien symbiote ftw
18 Human Torch vs Fire
19 Nightcrawler vs Beast Boy - after I saw AoA nightcrawler transport a great white into blobs stomach I realized the potential of that power
20 Thor vs Captain Marvel - thors a god, captain marvels a kid with fancy powers
21 Wolverine vs Lobo - one word: berserker
22 Elektra vs Catwoman - trained assassin vs. weekend warrior
23 Hydro-Man vs Aquaman - obvious I would think
25 Robin (Drake) vs Jubilee - trained by batman
25 Phoenix vs Mongul - phoenix is a force of nature
winners
no idea with hulk/superman other match ups have dc characters im not familiar with
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #28
MrYac
Hercules

i'm pretty confused as to why everybody is giving Joker a win here. Norm is just as nuts but he has a power suit and a friggin rocket powered flying surfboard. an acid squirting flower or a gun that shoots bang flags isn't going to compete with the Goblin for long.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #29
SONICobra
Batman

osborns a pu$$y
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #30
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i'm pretty confused as to why everybody is giving Joker a win here. Norm is just as nuts but he has a power suit and a friggin rocket powered flying surfboard. an acid squirting flower or a gun that shoots bang flags isn't going to compete with the Goblin for long.
Because I've seen the Joker shoot down the Batwing.

And the guy goes between bat$#!t crazy and crazy like a fox at the drop of a hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz7tNgsIf-g
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote