Statue Forum 

XM Studios

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Forum Awards!

Old 12-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

2015 StatueForum Awards!

Candidates will be revealed Boxing Day!! (Maybe...)

Voting goes live New Years Day!!

Best Small Scale Statue (1/9 Scale and under)
As they say, good things come in small packages! Don't discount these statues because of their size, there are some amazing pieces in this category. Think DC Bombshells and Batman Black and White, and Iron Studios' 1/10 Art Scale series...there are some impressive statues to choose from here.

Best Medium Scale Statue (1/8 to 1/6 Scale)
Although Bowen is not currently making statues, some people will still refer to this category as the "Bowen Scale". Many companies are still thriving in this scale, like Kotobukiya with their Fine Art line, Iron Studios with their Battle Diorama line, and Tweeterhead with their lifelike maquettes.

Best Large Scale Statue (1/5 to 1/4 Scale)
Probably the most popular scale category amongst collectors today, this category will include Sideshow's Premium Format Figures and Comiquettes, XM Studios' pieces, and some amazing pieces from smaller companies like Blitzway and up-and-comer Iron Studios.

Best X-Large Scale Statue (Over 1/4 Scale)
This category will typically include legendary and life size busts, 1/3 scale figures (an emerging class of statues), and really anything else that is overly large like the Prime 1 Transformers (even though technically their scale is smaller than 1/4).

Statue of the Year
The winners from each of the above "Scale" categories will be entered into a Statue of the Year tournament. The winners will be seeded based on the number of votes they each received, then will be pitted against each other in a "bracket Style" tournament. There will be a semi-final round, with the two winners moving on to the finals, and the winner of that being crowned Statue of the Year!

Best Statue Company
It really is a great time to be a collector, because there are so many great companies vying for our dollars. The best statue company should be chosen based on quality of product, creativity in design, customer satisfaction, quality of customer service, and just who makes the coolest stuff in general.

Best Community Custom
A new category for the 2015 event, this category includes one of a kind customizations of licensed pieces or one of a kind uniquely sculpted pieces. It takes some serious guts to embark on getting one of your pieces customized, but as you will see when the candidates are revealed, the results can be spectacular! There is nothing quite like owning a true one of a kind piece.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

You are correct sir, love the format
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

10 days until candidates are revealed!!!

Any predictions, people?
Old 12-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #4
EnShinNoi
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I predict half of what I want to vote for won't be candidates and the other half will lose to statues I don't like
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:50 PM   #5
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I predict half of what I want to vote for won't be candidates and the other half will lose to statues I don't like
Well that's a pretty pessimistic viewpoint. My favourite didn't win last year either, but it was still fun to participate.

There is an "other" option in each category, so you are entitled to vote for whatever you want. The only way to help the one you want to win is to vote and express your opinion in the appropriate discussion threads. Campaign for your favourite, my man!
Old 12-16-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
SONICobra
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

my vote is for lobo pf but I have a feeling magneto may take it this year
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #7
EnShinNoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Well that's a pretty pessimistic viewpoint. My favourite didn't win last year either, but it was still fun to participate.

There is an "other" option in each category, so you are entitled to vote for whatever you want. The only way to help the one you want to win is to vote and express your opinion in the appropriate discussion threads. Campaign for your favourite, my man!
Nah, it's a realistic viewpoint. I honestly don't like a single XM statue and everyone that's in will get by first round.

Mags will win overall. Votes will flood in and I'll wonder where they even came from because most posts will be praising the other statue.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:03 PM   #8
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

So, you're claiming the event is rigged? I can assure you it is not, but if that's your view point, I'd rather you not take part man, honestly.

If an XM piece makes it through, then I'd say it'll be well earned. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it's not deserving.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #9
EnShinNoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
So, you're claiming the event is rigged? I can assure you it is not, but if that's your view point, I'd rather you not take part man, honestly.

If an XM piece makes it through, then I'd say it'll be well earned. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it's not deserving.
Rigged, no I'm just pointing fun in light of what happened last year. Megatron won and there were more hate posts towards it than like. There is a large, reserved crowd of collectors out there. It's perfectly sensible not many posts will get made. Many are part of other communities.

And nowhere did I say it won't be deserving. You're reading my posts in the wrong light. This is a popularity contest, straight and simple. The winner will be the most popular and deserving of that award. There's no arguing that.

I guess I just don't like the term "best".
Old 12-17-2015, 12:08 AM   #10
SONICobra
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Megatron won and there were more hate posts towards it than like.
that's pretty common, negative people are usually the most vocal - a lot of people are quicker to say what they don't like about something rather than saying what they do like about something else

the awards are just for fun bro, something to bring the community together and reflect on the past year in the hobby
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote