Statue Forum 

XM Studios

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Forum Awards!

Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

2015 Statue Awards Candidates & Voting Link

Holy crap...2015 is all but over, and that can only mean one thing...freaking statue award season is upon us!!

Leading up to the big event starting on January 1st, one category of candidates will be revealed each day in the posts below...starting today!

You can now vote HERE!

The cutoff for qualification in this year's awards was November 30th. If you are voting 'Other', make sure the statue you are voting for was released prior to November 30th!!!

Voting for this round will be open until January 6th at noon eastern time. Winners will be announced and voting will open for the Statue of the Year Tournament shortly after.

Which is your favorite? Who is going to take the crown this year? All I know is that the battle will be FIERCE! These statues will be fighting tooth and nail for your votes, so get ready, because this year's StatueForum Awards are going to be a Blood Bath!

SDCC 2018 COVERAGE!! Go HERE for more!

Latest Reviews:
XM Poison Ivy
Prime 1 Storm Shadow
Figurama Devilman vs Amon Unboxing

My Instagram Page
Visit my new website BMUTHA.COM
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

2015 BEST SMALL SCALE STATUE FINALISTS
(Roughly 1/9 scale and below)

• Batman Black & White: Batgirl
    Made by: DC Collectibles
    Sculpted by: Irene Matar
    Size: Approx.: 7.25” tall
    Edition Size: 5,200

The newly revamped Batgirl comes straight from the pages of her successful comic (written by Cameron Stewart and Brendan Fletcher with awesome art by Babs Tarr) and into the competition. Some controversy erupted over some of the cover art for the series earlier in the year, but there is no controversy here...this statue is definitely deserving.

• DC Bombshells: Hawkgirl
    Sculpted By: Tim Miller
    Size: Approx. 10.25” tall
    Read the review here!

The Bombshells line from DC Collectibles has been revamping the babes from the DC Universe into a 1940's and 50's pinup style, and they have a high-flier here with the Hawkgirl statue!

• DC Bombshells: Zatanna
    Sculpted By: Tim Miller
    Size: Approx. 10.4” tall
    Read the review here!

Another entry from the wildly successful Bombshells line from DC Collectibles, this mysterious magician is ready to cast her spell on you...will she be able to get your votes?

• Art Scale 1/10: Juggernaut
    Made by: Iron Studios
    Size: Approx. 9.6” tall
    Sculpted by: Leandro Benigno
    Edition Size: Limited
    Read the review here!

Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! Well...except not voting for him. But, are you sure you want to make this Force of Nature angry? Your call...

• Art Scale 1/10: Thanos on Throne
    Size: Approx. 14.1” tall

"I will bathe the star-ways with your blood." Ummmm, are you sure you don't want to vote for this dude? I think he means business...

• Artfx+: Deadpool
    Made by: Kotobukiya
    Sculpted By: Junnosuke Abe
    Size: Approx. 6” tall

The Merc with a Mouth is ready to slice and dice...and shoot...and blow up his competition! Good old Wade Wilson will do what it takes to win your votes!

• Artfx+: Hulkbuster Iron Man
    Made by: Kotobukiya
    Sculpted By: Junnosuke Abe
    Size: Approx. 11.4” tall

Straight from the silver screen comes the massive armor code-named "Veronica"...but don't let the name fool you, this armor is made with only one purpose, and that's pounding big green monsters into the ground! I bet it would still work on puny humans like you and me, so consider voting for this one...

Latest Reviews:
XM Poison Ivy
Prime 1 Storm Shadow

My Instagram Page
Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

2015 BEST MEDIUM SCALE STATUE FINALISTS
(Roughly 1/8 to 1/6 Scale)

• RoboCop 2 Cain
    Made by: Chronicle Collectibles
    Artist: Phil Tippett
    Size: Approx. 6″D x 10.5″W x 16″H
    Edition Size: 500

Remember the good old days when your local video rental store would let you rent any rated R movie in the place? I sure do, and the RoboCop franchise was a staple. At the time, the special effects were mind blowing, and this Cain replica is molded from the original puppets used for the film, so you know the authenticity will be off the charts.

• RoboCop ED-209
    Made by: Chronicle Collectibles
    Artist: Phil Tippett
    Size: Approx. 26 x 19 x 16 in

Another movie that we all shouldn't have been watching as kids, but did anyway...the good old days! We all remember the scene when ED-209 blows away the guy in the board room...well...you may want to consider voting for this guy!

• Dracula
    Made by: First4Figures
    Artist: Goran Sadojevich
    Size: Approx. 18” tall
    Edition Size: 425 (Exclusive), 750 (Regular)

From the acclaimed Castlevania video games comes Dracula...seriously, this dude will drink your blood and not think twice...might want to consider voting for him.

• Magneto vs Sentinel Battle Diorama
    Sculpted by: Victor Hugo
    Size: Approx. 23" T x 17" W x 15" D
    Edition Size: 30 (Exclusive), 300 (Regular)
    Watch the review here!

2015 was a big year for the X-Men's feature villain, and this battle diorama from Iron Studios depicts Magneto in all his ass-kicking glory! If he can do this to a giant mutant hunting robot, think of what he could do to a lowly human...just sayin'.

• Zoro Roronoa
    Made by: Tsume Art
    Sculpted by: Cyril Farudja
    Size: Approx. 21.7” T x 19.7” W
    Edition Size: 800

The "Pirate Hunter" from the "One Piece" anime series fights with three badass swords...oh, and he also has this move called the Kokujô Ôtatsumaki...yeah, basically a tornado that whips everyone's butt...fans of the series should be pleased with this offering from Tsume.

• Batman Maquette
    Made by: Tweeterhead
    Sculpted by: Trevor Grove
    Size: Approx. 12.5” T

This Adam West Batman statue is so lifelike, it looks like it has just jumped off your TV screen. Sculptor Trevor Grove captured all the whimsical detail that fans love from the campy 1960's TV series...a truly amazing piece.

• Catwoman Maquette
    Made by: Tweeterhead
    Sculpted by: Trevor Grove
    Size: Approx. 11.5” T

Mmmmmeow! Julie Newmar never looked so good in her curve-hugging Catwoman costume! Another spectacular likeness from the 60's Batman TV series sculpted by Trevor Grove, can this sultry Catwoman steal your votes?

Latest Reviews:
XM Poison Ivy
Prime 1 Storm Shadow

My Instagram Page
Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #4
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

2015 BEST LARGE SCALE STATUE FINALISTS
(Roughly 1/5 and 1/4 scale)

• Iron Man MK43
    Size: Approx. 25" T x 23" W x 13.5" D
    Edition Size: 300

Another piece from the successful Avengers movie follow-up, Age of Ultron, this Iron Man Mk43 depicts Tony in his new and improved armor. The assault on the Hydra base from the opening sequence of the film
    was boss, and Iron Studios has delivered us a piece of that scene!

• “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” Marilyn Monroe
    Made by: Blitzway
    Sculpted by: K.A. Kim
    Size: Approx. 18" T x 6" W

Marilyn Monroe still stands as one of Hollywood's all time beauties, but Blitzway did not shy away from tackling such an iconic figure. Sculptor K.A. Kim absolutely ailed the likeness, and Blitzway's unique way of blending PVC and polystone made this statue look incredibly lifelike. Truly one of the most amazing pieces from 2015.

• Artemisia
    Made by: Gentle Giant
    Sculpted by: Will Harbottle
    Size: Approx. 18" T
    Edition Size: 270

Actress Eva Green's portrayal of the Persian warrior is brought to life here by Gentle Giant and sculptor Will Harbottle. This skilled and vengeful warrior had no problem declaring war on a nation, think of what she'll do to you if you don't vote for her...

• Batgirl Premium Format Figure
    Made by: Sideshow Collectibles
    Sculpted by: Andy Bergholtz, Walter O'Neal, Mark Newman
    Size: Approx. 22.5" H x 10" W x 10" D
    Edition Size: 1,500 (Exclusive), 2,500 (Regular)
    Read the review here!

A skilled combatant and detective, Barbara Gordon decided to apply these skills as a nighttime vigilante to help fight crime in Gotham City! Being Commissioner Gordon's daughter, she certainly has the pedigree for the job...and crime fighting never looked so good!

• Lobo Premium Format Figure
    Sculpted by: Martin Canale, Guillermo Barbiero, Avinash Hegde, Martin Demonte
    Size: Approx. 28.5" H x 16.5" W x 11" D
    Edition Size: 1,000 (Exclusive), 2,000 (Regular)
    Watch the review here!

"The name's Lobo. That's L as in lacerate, O as in obliterate, B as in disem-bowel, and O as in, uh... well, I guess I can use obliterate twice."

Feetal's Giz! Watch out for this bastich, the dude literally took down Santa! And he also has no qualms about throwing down with the Man of Steel, either. the The Main Man has never looked better than in this detailed-to-the-max premium format figure from Sideshow.

• Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure
    Sculpted by: Steven Schumacher
    Size: Approx. 25.5" H x 21" W x 11" D
    Edition Size: 3,500 (Exclusive), 6,000 (Regular)
    Read the review here!

Original Justice League member and pilot of the world's only invisible plane, Wonder Woman stands here ready to lay the smack down! This Amazon can throw down with the best of them, and almost always comes out on top! I don't think I'd mess with her...

• Magneto
    Made by: XM Studios
    Sculpted by: Suheryanto Hatmaja
    Size: Approx. 18" T x 16" W x 19" D
    Edition Size: 800
    Read the review here!

2015 started off with a bang when Magneto was released into collector's hands...instantly skyrocketing in value, this is a collectible argued by some to be one of the finest ever made. The X-Men villain never looked like such a boss as he does here chilling on his Sentinel throne. We all know what Magneto thinks of humans...what will he think of a human that doesn't vote for him? Do you really want to take your chances and find out?

• Phoenix
    Sculpted by: Adam Ross
    Size: Approx. 29" T x 19" W x 15" D
    Edition Size: 999
    Watch the review here!

As host for the cosmically powered Phoenix Force, Jean Grey became one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe. This awesome statue tribute to the fiery beauty does its best to live up to that kind of power...and comes pretty close! An amazing sight to behold, this Phoenix is rising...for your votes!

• Wolverine
    Sculpted by: Marthin Agusta
    Size: Approx. 17.5" T x 14.5" W x 12" D
    Edition Size: 999
    Watch the review here!

Weapon-X program survivor and slicer-dicer extraordinaire, Wolverine stands atop his latest victim, a giant mutant-hunting Sentinel robot. But, seeing his famous adamantium claws at the ready, he doesn't look satisfied to stop there! This dude is ready for more, and you could be next if you don't vote for him!

Latest Reviews:
XM Poison Ivy
Prime 1 Storm Shadow

My Instagram Page
Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

2015 BEST X-LARGE STATUE FINALISTS
(Roughly over 1/4 scale)

• Skeletor Life Size Bust
    Made by: Pop Culture Shock
    Sculpted by: Ryan Pintar
    Size: Approx. 29" tall x 24" wide x 14" deep
    Edition Size: 125 (Ex), 300 (Reg)

"Everything comes to he who waits, and I have waited so very long for this moment."...the moment to gain your votes, that is! Eternia's greatest evil, the master of Snake Mountain himself, Skeletor(!) is brought to life with this amazing life size bust from Pop Culture Shock.

• Akuma Life Size Bust
    Made by: Pop Culture Shock
    Sculpted by: Jerry Macaluso and Ryan Pintar
    Size: Approx. 29” H x 17” W x 12” L
    Edition Size: 350

"The true winner is only one. The weak definitely loses!" Another incredible life size bust from Pop Culture Shock, this time the "Master of the Fist", Akuma! Street Fighter fans, get ready to mash that voting button!

• Marcus 1:3 Scale Maquette
    Made by: Elite Creature Collectibles
    Sculpted by: Steve Wang and Miyo Nakamura
    Size: Approx. 34” T
    Edition Size: 300

As seen in the Underworld: Evolution movie, Elite Creature Collectibles brings you Marcus Corvinus, the first vampire and progenitor of the vampire species! Seriously, this is one bad dude, and he is presented here in 1:3 scale glory! A truly impressive piece.

• Bruce Lee “Enter the Dragon” Tribute Statue
    Made by: Blitzway
    Sculpted by: Arnie Kim
    Size: Approx. 22” T

Sculpted to an exacting likeness by Arnie Kim, pop culture and film icon Bruce Lee is shown here from one of his most well-known roles. "Enter the Dragon" was Bruce Lee's final film appearance, and was actually released 6 days after his death in 1973. Depicting a scene from the unforgettable final fight in the room of mirrors, fans of the actor should be pleased with this amazing piece.

• Sentinel Maquette
    Sculpted by: Pablo Viggiano, Andy Bergholtz
    Size: Approx. 32" H x 15" W x 15" L
    Edition Size: 750

"TARGETS IDENTIFIED. MUTANTS. SURRENDER OR DIE." This time it's not mutants they have their sights set on, it's the Best X-Large Statue award they want! One, of the X-Men's most notorious villains, the Sentinel Maquette does well to convey the sheer size and detail of these intimidating robots.

• Rosenberg Life Size Bust
    Made by: Elite Creature Collectibles
    Sculpted by: Brian Wade, Eddie Yang
    Size: Approx. 26” T

Disguised as a Brooklyn jewelry store owner, Gentle Rosenberg was actually an alien hiding on earth until his untimely assassination! Elite Creature Collectibles brings to life one of the most memorable characters from Men In Black, in glorious 1:1 scale!

• Optimus Prime
    Made by: Prime 1 Studio
    Size: Approx. 27.6" H x 21.7" W

Prime 1 is known for amazing attention to detail with their impressive Transformers line, and this Optimus Prime is no exception. Shown with stunning accuracy from the "Dark of the Moon" film, the leader of the Autobots stands ready to receive your votes...but, can Optimus follow up Megatron's Statue of the Year victory last year? He'll have to make it out of the X-Large category first, so vote for him if you want him to win!

Latest Reviews:
XM Poison Ivy
Prime 1 Storm Shadow

My Instagram Page
Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #6
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

2015 COMMUNITY CUSTOM AWARD FINALISTS

I could not fit all of the photos into this post, so I made a brand new thread for this award, HERE!

Make sure to check it out...tons of hard work went into these one-of-a-kind pieces.

Latest Reviews:
XM Poison Ivy
Prime 1 Storm Shadow

My Instagram Page
Old 12-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
Thor57
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
community custom reserved
I will win this award next year. Just throwing it out there!
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #8
Darth Madden
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

I know it came out kind of late but the McFarlane Medieval Spawn statue blows all those other medium scales out of the water.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #9
Bmutha
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Madden View Post
I know it came out kind of late but the McFarlane Medieval Spawn statue blows all those other medium scales out of the water.
The cutoff was November 30th, so Medieval Spawn will be in the running for the 2016 awards.

Latest Reviews:
XM Poison Ivy
Prime 1 Storm Shadow

My Instagram Page
Old 12-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #10
dechirico7
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I will win this award next year. Just throwing it out there!
We will see. mwah-ha-ha
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote