Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #21
pdenham
Teen Titans

Have always loved the character- even going back to when I was a kid and asked for the Mego doll for Christmas (which made my step-father have an apoplectic fit).

I was greatly disappointed and frustrated when the first SS PF was revealed. Didn't care for the representation at all. So I passed on it.

Now there are a slew of options all hitting at a similar time from various companies at various price points. But while there are things I love about each, none so far have been a complete home run for me.

Sometimes, like with the new SS PF, the sculpting and eye for certain aspects are outstanding- but I'm just not crazy about the physique choice (mostly the tree trunk muscular legs) or the now typical SS redesign of the costume (bodice portion). Part of me loves the statue as a general whole, but at $600 shipped I really need to love all of it down to the specific details.

With Tweeterhead, I kind of hate the one leg up pose, but the classic look (though they botched the Ex eagle bodice) and price point are both great.

XM's looks mostly cool (love the portrait) but I don't like the pose which looks forced and unnatural - especially when you compare it to the studied realism found in Harbottle's from SS.
Even if I could get over that, I expect the price point on these is going to be a little too rich for my blood for a 1/6 scale.

So many choices...and all of them are coming up a little short for me.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:51 PM   #22
Augen
The Hulk

There can be a paralysis of choice. If there was one Wonder Woman statue you'd have a simple binary choice. Now with all the comparisons find qualities cross all (price, size, costume, pose, sculpt, paint, etc.)

I admit I'm easy to please so instead of focusing on aspects that prevent perfection I just like the positive traits.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #23
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
So many choices...and all of them are coming up a little short for me.
Just get the Designer Series Adam Hughes or Frank Cho. Both are 1/6-scale and should be available for less than $200 each.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #24
M United
The Spirit

I need a quality 1/3 comic book wonder woman.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #25
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
I need a quality 1/3 comic book wonder woman.
I am sure Prime 1 has it on plan!
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:53 PM   #26
chrismhk
Luke Cage

PO’d Sideshow and Tweeterhead. Interested in XM!
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:52 AM   #27
Lavario007
The Spirit

XM Wonder Woman Is next on my list too.

It would be nice If DC continued the 'Art Of War' line and offered some variations of WW:

Now as for this bombshell line I'd like to see this turned Into a designer series Ant Lucia designed and Jack Matthew's sculpted statue. I own the original and recently released deluxe statue and I must say neither face sculpt Is a home run. If done in the same style as the frank cho designer series statue and on a new base(maybe the original?) a third WW bombshell would be a hit:

Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:37 AM   #28
Augen
The Hulk

1/5 animated version has been disclosed by Sideshow, now to wait on first images to make a decision on getting her or not.

Edit: Image added to OP.

Last edited by Augen; 07-17-2018 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added image to OP
Old 07-18-2018, 07:27 AM   #29
Tushar
Hellboy

Thanks Augen for starting this thread.

I think it's cool there are so many great WW statues coming up, but kinda disappointed by the heavy focus on the DCEU version.

I'd love some variation in costume and poses. Something cool with the lasso; or the classic bracelet cross.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:22 PM   #30
Augen
The Hulk

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ibles-2005121/

I just happened to check and New 52 version is now showing "Est. Arrival: Nov 2019 - Jan 2020" making me wonder if they are doing a rework on her or something. If anyone else gets information on her please share.