Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #41
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
Well, I figure it's about time for one of my rants on the boards since there has been so much strife and BS lately (I suggested to Danny that the site be shut down for a while so people can get a grip). From the Bucky Fiasco to Sasquatch, people arguing with each other, and the general nonsense going on, I figure my time on these boards is pretty much up. I've never had a more negative sense of this hobby nor it's collectors as I have right now. And the funny thing about this whole situation is that we seem to be in the best period of collecting there can be!
edited for space - yadda yadda yadda-
Ok, I'm done. I could probably go on for about another 14 pages, but I already mentioned that those types of threads are a little tedious. Reply all you want to this, but I won't see it, so do it for yourselves.
And people, try to actually ENJOY collecting this stuff, that's why it's here.
Jeez, in alll the years I've known you you haven't said that much in a whole day.
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:52 AM   #42
massf
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Hey Drew/Danny

You guys are right...not many people (me included) really get how much effort it needs to keep this forum running smoothly. I guess we don't appreciate that at any time we can walk away and not really worry about it, whereas you guys are on a 24/7 alert for bad posts/language etc. and you have to ultimately deal with the consequences of such posts.

I've been part of this forum for a little over a year, and truth be told, found it by accident because I was looking for info on Bowen mb. I even had the URL linked in my 'favourites' section to go straight into the Bowen section. However in the last 6 months or so I rarely go in there, and it is due to the fact that members in that section do take things too seriously.

I'm in this for one reason and one reason only....to buy products I like from various companies. If I don't like something, then I don't but it...simple. I have no preference to any company/sculptor on this forum. If I get to speak to a sculptor then I consider that cool (especially if I have a piece of his) but that's it...I don't expect him to start sending me birthday cards.

i love this forum, it gives me a good start to the day to log on for an hour or so and read what everyone has been up to and what's getting released etc and it's a shame to see that people have been banned because they let their feelings and emotions get the better of them.

this definately is not the same place it was a year ago...back then it was more civil and people certainly did respect others.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Thanks" to you guys for keeping such a great site going, and for all the mods for doing an undoubtably tough job policing the site.
massf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #43
firestorm
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

After giving the "Holy Moley!" thread, the "Thread of the Banned" thread, and now this one a brief read, I'm totally speechless... I'll be going back and checking out all 3 threads in depth, but... was it really THAT bad this past weekend, and did it really degrade THAT badly?... jeez, 4 of the most well-known SF members get the temporary boot... I just really don't know what to say except, "Come on back, guys, and this time let's not get carried away, let's let cooler heads prevail and let's make nice with each other... after all, it's only about a hobby..."
firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 AM   #44
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Drew's rant still holds every bit as much water as it did back then. People need to get their heads together and realized that they're not "owed" anything. This forum is a priveliege and if you're one of those people who can't help but seed dissent, don't even bother posting, please.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #45
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm
After giving the "Holy Moley!" thread, the "Thread of the Banned" thread, and now this one a brief read, I'm totally speechless... I'll be going back and checking out all 3 threads in depth, but... was it really THAT bad this past weekend, and did it really degrade THAT badly?... jeez, 4 of the most well-known SF members get the temporary boot... I just really don't know what to say except, "Come on back, guys, and this time let's not get carried away, let's let cooler heads prevail and let's make nice with each other... after all, it's only about a hobby..."
It really got that bad. And personal.
I know CK13 personally, he is a friend. I met Sam this year, and took an instant liking to him. I don't know the other 2 guys, (I don't think I do).
I really feel for all concerned. I hope this is resolved with no hard feelings.
Oh, and by the way, my fee is $50,000 for the 1st hit, and $30,000, for each after that.
Lets get the love back guys.
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote