Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 01-31-2016, 02:21 AM   #11
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Gah! Just looked at the site, and Barry Kitson has once again cancelled his appearance at the show. Still loking like a much better guest list overall than the past couple years (while each year had some good guests, there were FAR too few of them).
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #12
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

there isnt a single person announced so far that I want to see, guest lineup this year is the worst of any year since i've been attending, that combined with the insane price increase to tickets I think im just going to sit this year out
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 AM   #13
Scion009

Really? I thought last year's artist list was by far the worst ever. Aside from maybe 5 artists, it was a complete wasteland (and only maybe 3 of those were ones I was interested in before the show). I'm actually quite pleased with this year's guest list so far, on the artist front. Lots of inkers, so there should likely be a lot of various OA pages available. Plus, I've been wanting a Dean Yeagle commission for forever! Set up for pickup at the show already.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #14
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion009 View Post
Really? I thought last year's artist list was by far the worst ever. Aside from maybe 5 artists, it was a complete wasteland (and only maybe 3 of those were ones I was interested in before the show). I'm actually quite pleased with this year's guest list so far, on the artist front. Lots of inkers, so there should likely be a lot of various OA pages available. Plus, I've been wanting a Dean Yeagle commission for forever! Set up for pickup at the show already.
I cant really comment on last year because after waiting 2 years for my new place to be built, my possession date ended up being (of course) on the saturday of the expo last year LOL I had a pre commission setup with Edwin Huang so I just got my moving truck, went to the expo quick to pickup my commission then had to leave right away so I could spend the day moving

im just basing it on the fact that I pay close attention to guests lists every year, and every year I have a list of people I want to see, this year I dont have a single name on the list. I wanted to see Barry Kitson this year, but alas he has cancelled yet again

any word on if arthur suydam is coming this year? or he is too afraid to show his face in the convention circuit after the drama from last year? lol that guy is pretty douchey, definitely wouldnt go see him again
Old 03-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #15
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

canete, dogan, nord, perez, zeck, stegman? list looks tops for a show in Calgary!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #16
Scion009

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
canete, dogan, nord, perez, zeck, stegman? list looks tops for a show in Calgary!
Yup, all good guests there. And, as I mentioned...Dean Yeagle has been high on my list for years. Also...Dave Johnson, Bob McLeod, Dan Panosian, and Joe Staton. For the first time in a few years at the Calgary show, I won't have to search for hours on end just to find some art to blow my money on. 2 years ago, I actually couldn't find anything and went home with extra cash in my wallet, a first for a big convention...if it hadn't been for Bradshaw at that show, it would have been a complete bust. Quite pumped for this year's show.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:49 PM   #17
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
I thought you meant george perez lol I frantically looked at the guest list and realized its anothe perez. If it was george I might of went this year, I did see him when he was here like 5 years ago, hes a real cool guy, he had an awesome M&M's shirt on
Old 03-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #18
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Well looks like Omar Dogan is cancelling as per his Instagram account.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #19
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

looks like im officially not going to the expo this weekend, ticket prices are way too high and there isnt a single artist attending that I want autographs from or commissions from

heres hoping next year has some worthwhile guests, to anyone going have a great time be sure to take and post lots of pictures
Old 04-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #20
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
looks like im officially not going to the expo this weekend, ticket prices are way too high and there isnt a single artist attending that I want autographs from or commissions from

heres hoping next year has some worthwhile guests, to anyone going have a great time be sure to take and post lots of pictures
Quicksilver, I'm not going to make it to this one. I'm not sure why the artist and guest list looks so mellow. Anyway, I still have my 4 day pass. Let me know and I'll send it to ya.
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote