Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Green Arrow or Batman
Green Arrow 38 67.86%
Batman 18 32.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #21
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

So strange to see so many comments saying the P1 Batman is basically 'mediocre'. He seems to be far and away the best 1/4 Batman I've ever seen. To each their own I guess.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #22
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
A pretty good Batman vs greatest Green Arrow ever.

I agree, there will always be a million Bats statues to choose from.
That GA is an amazing piece.
i think this says it all

the batman is nice, but the pose makes it difficult to display with less dynamic pieces and that cape is an eyesore imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:32 AM   #23
chronos1919
Nightwing

The cape isn't great. It seems to make up 50% of the statue, visually.

I think I might be in the minority, preferring my capes fabric rather than sculpted.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #24
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

If you can manage to get the EX green arrow, i'd go for that, the EX head to me is awesome, and over all just like the look of this statue.

P1 Batman 52 is really nice, but he isn't for me, i don't like the colors of the suit. If you feel this captures him in the way you desire then its a nice choice.

Ultimately, i doubt you'll get another Green Arrow anytime soon from SS. Probably 20 different iterations of Batman will come out for 1 of green arrow. P1 Batman will be among the dozens of iterations that will be done of him. Batman is the Wolverine of DC statues, so perhaps another great sculpt will come by in the next few years, you'll like better.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:43 AM   #25
Sinema
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Clearly you want both.

You have a better chance of getting GA now and getting Batman down the road.

The sheer number of 1/4 Batmans out there help you in this regard. The same cannot be said of Green Arrow.
Sinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #26
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I really like both. Still deciding

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
This is why I would prefer the EX to not be something so critical, like a classic head sculpt. Really turns a lot of people away from the collector version.
I really like the GA EX. Granted, I'd display the regular pieces (Hooded Portrait and Arrow) maybe 65% of the time but I really like the EX on it which is why I listed that con. If I could grab the EX at a good price, I'd probably get Green Arrow

The EX on the Batman Statue I could care less about (I find Superman vs Batman a ridiculous matchup no matter how you spin it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
So strange to see so many comments saying the P1 Batman is basically 'mediocre'. He seems to be far and away the best 1/4 Batman I've ever seen. To each their own I guess.
I actually sold all my Batman Statues when I got my hands on the Keaton PF.

But when I saw this Prime 1 Piece? I think its the best 1/4 Batman out there at the moment for the reasons I listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
The cape isn't great. It seems to make up 50% of the statue, visually.

I think I might be in the minority, preferring my capes fabric rather than sculpted.
You're not in the minority. Some prefer fabric (My best friend does) while others would rather have sculpted (Me).

I've read complaints about the cape, but me? I think the cape is one of the best features on that statue. Its Batman, he should have a large cape.

I definitely prefer sculpted. Fabric gets wrinkled, takes me a long time to pose it right, and many times it clashes with the piece. (Supergirl). However, there were cases where Fabric works. ( Mumm-Ra and Skeletor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinema View Post
Clearly you want both.

You have a better chance of getting GA now and getting Batman down the road.

The sheer number of 1/4 Batmans out there help you in this regard. The same cannot be said of Green Arrow.
This is a reason why I lean towards Green Arrow despite it not being the EX. Not sure how difficult it will be in the aftermarket.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:58 AM   #27
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I think that Green Arrow is so good, it might convince people who aren't even the biggest fans of the character to jump on it.
It's such a amazing statue.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:01 PM   #28
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
If you feel like you REALLY want a Green Arrow in your collection, then I'd say get that one. GA's will be few and far between, and this is a good one. There will always be tons of Batman.

But if you're feeling compelled to get the GA just because it looks good and at the end of the day you don't really have much attachment to the character, then don't get it. I don't know the context of your collection/budget/character wants/etc so I don't really feel a blind "Get this one" answer is helping you any.

And then there's the whole if you need complete strangers help in telling you how to spend ~$600+ then maybe you shouldn't get either angle.
I would have to agree with mva5580 on this part as well. I feel that both these statues look great as a stand alone piece or as part of a line you're trying to finish. The Green Arrow is amazing and the Batman, although there has been a few iterations of him is also great in his own right. I would choose Batman only because I'm trying to finish my Justice League Display (Flash is the other piece) and it's also because I feel that it's 'the best' Batman in 1/4 Scale to date. With that being said, Green Arrow is also a piece that I will hunt for down the road because it's such a nice statue to own whether as part of a line, or just by itself. Good luck with your choices, I feel that you won't go wrong with either one.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #29
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Ultimately, i doubt you'll get another Green Arrow anytime soon from SS.
Probably true. A good choice if you prefer rarity, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Probably 20 different iterations of Batman will come out for 1 of green arrow. P1 Batman will be among the dozens of iterations that will be done of him. Batman is the Wolverine of DC statues, so perhaps another great sculpt will come by in the next few years, you'll like better.
Probably true too, but how many more or less classic Batman in the 1/4 world? Not with P1, considering the New 52 will be the only one ( and a rarity ), and if you remember well the last SSC Batman wasn't unanimously acclaimed...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #30
Luminous
Cyclops

Batman.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote