Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-24-2024, 01:04 PM   #561
Ram77
Doh!

I do confirm they will be no refund.
I pre-ordered one at ToysRemz (with which I had a very good experience), asked for a refund: the answer is NO, as it is not considered a major change!
Shame on you JND, this is the last time I order one of your product.
There is no need to write pages about this likeness: at first sight it?s OFF; pretending this is Reeve is nonsense, add aviator glasses and a pilot jacket everyone will recognize Tom Cruise.
I think these so called sculptors should spend less time behind a screen assisted with 3D imagery tools and more in front of a lump of clay.
So long JND!
Ram77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:28 PM   #562
cking
Justice League

That's disappointing considering JND themselves stated that the statue had gone through "significant" changes so they decided to offer it up as a re-order launch!

I've got mine on order with ToysRemz and have been impressed with their communication and ordering process. I guess it's JND who have declined the refund request which is why ToysRemz have also had to say no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram77 View Post
I do confirm they won?t!
I pre-ordered one at ToysRemz (with which I had a very good experience), asked for a refund: the answer is NO, as it is not considered a major change?
There is no need to write pages about this likeness: at first sight ut is OFF; pretending it?s Reeve is nonsense, change the haircut and the clothes nobody will tell you it?s Reeve
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:32 PM   #563
Silas Loki
Doc Savage

Quote:
I do confirm they won?t!
I pre-ordered one at ToysRemz (with which I had a very good experience), asked for a refund: the answer is NO, as it is not considered a major change?
There is no need to write pages about this likeness: at first sight ut is OFF; pretending it?s Reeve is nonsense, change the haircut and the clothes nobody will tell you it?s Reeve
Steady on, according to what you wrote, your problem is with ToysRemz, not JND. It's ToysRemz who are interpreting the change in portrait as minor, not JND. You're deposit is with ToysRemz not JND......

I don't necessarily agree with JND "improving" the portrait after people paid for the prototype......but that said, so many "buyers" begged JND for updates and changes to the prototype that JND were darned if they did, and damned if they didn't.

I've come to the harsh conclusion that a lot of JND buyers are idiots - and I'm talking about exactly those who pay the deposit for something they clearly aren't satisfied with, and proceed to beg / broadcast hopes for changes - well, they got what they asked for.......it's bad enough when companies don't respect the prototype quality in the final production piece, but when the customers encourage and literally BEG the company to deviate from the prototype in the hopes of improvements....then I have zero sympathy, they get exactly what they deserve.....in my opinion.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 03:28 AM   #564
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
I do confirm they will be no refund.
I pre-ordered one at ToysRemz (with which I had a very good experience), asked for a refund: the answer is NO, as it is not considered a major change!
There is no need to write pages about this likeness: at first sight it?s OFF; pretending this is Reeve is nonsense, add aviator glasses and a pilot jacket everyone will recognize Tom Cruise.
I think these so called sculptors should spend less time behind a screen assisted with 3D imagery tools and more in front of a lump of clay.
So long JND!
Same thing happened with me! I lost my RND. Never again.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 11:34 AM   #565
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Steady on, according to what you wrote, your problem is with ToysRemz, not JND. It's ToysRemz who are interpreting the change in portrait as minor, not JND. You're deposit is with ToysRemz not JND......

I don't necessarily agree with JND "improving" the portrait after people paid for the prototype......but that said, so many "buyers" begged JND for updates and changes to the prototype that JND were darned if they did, and damned if they didn't.

I've come to the harsh conclusion that a lot of JND buyers are idiots - and I'm talking about exactly those who pay the deposit for something they clearly aren't satisfied with, and proceed to beg / broadcast hopes for changes - well, they got what they asked for.......it's bad enough when companies don't respect the prototype quality in the final production piece, but when the customers encourage and literally BEG the company to deviate from the prototype in the hopes of improvements....then I have zero sympathy, they get exactly what they deserve.....in my opinion.
Pretty much this. Well said.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 05:08 PM   #566
cking
Justice League

It's a tough one isn't it. I'm one of the people who has been very vocal about wanting to see improvements from JND and have been exchanging messages with them several times, but I do not consider myself to be an idiot. From what I have heard, the portrait is being further enhanced before it goes into production and may come as a great surprise to those of us who have kept their pre-orders. I do hope that those who cancelled and lost their deposits aren't going to regret bailing out before the final production piece has been revealed. It seems that JND are on a mission to improve all of their upcoming production pieces compared to what was shown at the ordering stage. I agree that this is a bit of russian roulette and the buyer should be able to feel more confidence about knowing what they'll actually get. In this case though, I'll be happy if the final production piece is better than what we've been shown already.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 06:41 PM   #567
Hobbyist
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
It's a tough one isn't it. I'm one of the people who has been very vocal about wanting to see improvements from JND and have been exchanging messages with them several times, but I do not consider myself to be an idiot. From what I have heard, the portrait is being further enhanced before it goes into production and may come as a great surprise to those of us who have kept their pre-orders. I do hope that those who cancelled and lost their deposits aren't going to regret bailing out before the final production piece has been revealed. It seems that JND are on a mission to improve all of their upcoming production pieces compared to what was shown at the ordering stage. I agree that this is a bit of russian roulette and the buyer should be able to feel more confidence about knowing what they'll actually get. In this case though, I'll be happy if the final production piece is better than what we've been shown already.
It is such a poor business practice and marketing on JND's part. Something that really shouldn't have happened for a company producing such expensive products.

Why are they keep releasing statues with poor likeness which are clearly not ready for reveal and PO? Is there anyone rushing them to do so behind the scene?

There seems to be some serious problems inside JND where their artists / sculptors are clearly incapable to come up with a convincing likeness of the characters they produce.

Yet no one in that company seems to be able to recognise that weakness or put a stop to it. It seems that only the artists / sculptors are allowed to judge whether a headsculpt is good or not.

Everyone else just keeps quiet and goes along with it for better or worse. So, they scramble to make hasty changes when the feedback after the initial reveal is poor. This has happened far too frequent.

Perhaps this could be due to the work culture and respect for hierarchy in Korea, I suppose. JND relies far too much on their marketers to hype up their statues and not enough on quality control of their headsculpts.

All this needs not to happen only if they had someone better to monitor and judge how good or poor their artists / sculptors have done in terms of likeness and demand revisions when necessary prior to final reveal to the public.

Blitzway, another Korean statue company, doesn't seem to experience the same problem. They clearly have much better artists / sculptors and system in place. JND needs some serious changes in management.

Just keep saying "JNDising!" in every new release doesn't make JND a great brand and their statues any better than their competitors.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 06:56 PM   #568
Hobbyist
Nightwing

Those who have pre-ordered JND statues knowing fully they are not in the best quality but hoping and demanding changes after the fact are to blame, at least partially.

By doing so, they have sent JND a seriously wrong message and negatively reinforced a false perception. They are not helping JND to become a better company, on the contrary.

It is exactly like rewarding your dog by giving it a treat after it has urinated on your carpet and hoping that it wouldn't do it again next time.

You know what, it will do it again because you have taught it to do so inadvertently. It's all your fault. You are to blame.

Don't send them your money to PO a statue with a poor likeness and then ask them to make improvement afterwards. That is just foolish, to say the least.

PO the statue only when all the issues of the likeness are resolved in a satisfactory manner.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 12:54 AM   #569
Silas Loki
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Using the term "idiot" is sure to offend people - for that, I'm sorry - but there's no other term that describes the actions those people are taking, not only with their money - but with regards to the product as well.

Here's the thing......at least from my perspective.

I'm going to assume, at release - the artist and, or, the JND company as a whole - believe that the prototype is the best they can do. Think about that, in the eyes of the artist, the original CR Supes is exactly like the actor.......now, you tell that artist, your vision is off - please make changes. Every change from here on out, from the perspective of the artist, is a step away from their ideal vision. Effectively, that artist is now in "no man's land", without their own creative compass - and at this point, is likely throwing $h1t against the wall - hoping it will stick.

But.....hey, they made changes - that's what you guys asked for. So, tick in the box - right?

You can do what you want with your cash - including buying expensive statues that don't meet your needs.....that's fine. But here's now the issue - your actions don't just effect you! There are people who are buying these statues, based on the prototype - and they're happy with what they're buying. They don't want these damn changes.....are you thinking of those people when you contact JND directly, and discuss "tweaks"? - I assume not.

So when your demands for tweaks leads to this mess we see - not only did you not get the great improvements you dreamed of, you (and the vocal others) have ruined it for the contented buyers who just wanted the original piece.

I hope this explains why I used the harsh term "idiot" - because these "good Samaritans" demanding changes, are ruining the experience for everyone.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 02:34 AM   #570
qz33
Mandarin

Desperation doesn't work well with women, or most anything else, really.

While I agree that the artist and/or company believe the prototype as being the best they can or are willing to do within the constraints of the job/product at hand I do not necessarily agree that translates to the artist or company not realizing their work to be identical to whatever source. Still does not mean either can effectively do anything to get any closer to the goal. Much easier to critique what is appears wrong or could be better but much more difficult to do anything about it.

I'd imagine though some people PO with the "IDEA" that showing financial support will encourage an artist/company to get closer to the shared goal. Completely accurate human likeness is just extremely difficult for humans to achieve. This hobby shows for every success there's a 100 shortcomings. More effort does not always lead to better results.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote