Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > The Dazzler Group

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #611
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I want to see DAZZLER before Emma, so many Emma busts and statues out there already.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #612
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I agree with Emma and Mystique but I have no clue why anyone likes Kitty Pryde
Wow, we've got much different tastes for female characters (but that's cool ). For my money, Kitty Pryde is the greatest Marvel character created since 1980.
And she's never been better than during Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:53 AM   #613
Merlose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Wow, we've got much different tastes for female characters (but that's cool ). For my money, Kitty Pryde is the greatest Marvel character created since 1980.
And she's never been better than during Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run.
i may not agree with you on MacFatty Fatts Fat-a-lot Blob, but Kitty was amazing during the first series of Excalibur, that was by far the best X-men spin off, even better than Alpha Flight.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:46 AM   #614
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Awesome avatar, Iceman.. almost like Apocalypse is haunting Angel. Considering what the Apocalypse-hole (forgive me.. haha) did to him, Angel being mentally scarred by the guy is understandable.
you see, Ice,...did I not tell you that your Avitar Kicks butt!!!!!???

On the whole Kitty Pryde thing...well first, let me say that this may be the very FIRST time that I DISAGREE with the Lovely "Ms. Black Cat!" and surprisingly so......to hear that such a "Cat" fan would not want to see a "ShadowCat" or "Kitty" made.......

Truth be told, I have to agree with the guys here!! Aside from it potentially being an AMAZING sculpt just based on the bust (Bowen) alone,.......a Full sized of Kitty phasing through anything and having Lockheed by her side would be a great statue. Kitty isn't very tall at all and I can totally see her on an X-Base, (kinda like something related to the piece that the Beast is on top of), where she is phasing through it. Again, Danger Room sequence. It would be great, and of course, with Lockheed right next to her or above her......Obviously in her original Black costume would be Great, or perhaps the Shadowcat costume. Either way, it would make for a great statue of a MAJOR character in MArvel History. Particularly from the 80's. And again, as far as "key" X-characters go,.........well, in MY HUMBLE opinion,.....Kitty Pryde has had more significance than at least half of the major X-players to date....

At this point in the FS statues that have been made from Bowen,....I would think that after the Onslaught of Wolverines, and with the two Icemen...it would pretty much make all the sense in the world to bring in an Angel FS, then a Charles Xavier full sized amd then a Kitty Pryde FS.

Then perhaps follow with an Emma FS (and/or bust) with Mystique quickly behind. I have to say, that even though this is indeed a Dazzler Thread, and I do and WOULD LOVE to see this Disco, HOTTIE DIVA full sized, I would think that Kitty should be done FIRST.....

Ironic how Kitty Pryde and the Dazzler were almost just about introduced to the X-Men in the pages of the X-Men just around the same couple of issues......

(If memory serves, I think it was X-Men # 139 when Kitty was first introduced and Dazzler in issue # 140 or 141...????? Correct me if I'm wrong).

So, YES,......PLEASE, Mr. Bowen, we'd love to see a DAZZLER FS and BUST,...but Please don't forget about little Ms. Katherine Pryde.

Cheers!
Old 10-13-2007, 03:18 AM   #615
Merlose

Kitty in UXM 129 and Dazzler in 130
Old 10-13-2007, 03:49 AM   #616
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Kitty in UXM 129 and Dazzler in 130
it's been a while.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #617
Merlose

and lockheed didn't show up until 166, hard to believe she went 37 issues without him!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #618
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Old 10-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #619
Merlose

you know you're a well known character when the Simpsons have spoofed you.......
http://www.supersimpsons.com/jazzler.htm
Old 10-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #620
Merlose

I thought Dazzler and Banshee would make a killer team up, I didn't even think about Black Bolt and Dazzler !
Closed Thread