Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 06-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #41
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
I couldn't possibly disagree with you more Mike ... for the first time in my life a comicbook brought me to tears! That's something that I'll never forget.
It may be because I'm not a dad. But this issue didn't bring me to tears. It was sad reading it, but I didn't get this experience so many of you seem to have had.

But, like I said, I got in a discussion with loco and didn't like how that went, so I won't go into any paticulars on it.

I just gotta say liking/disliking this issue isn't the litmus test to see if you are a good person or not.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #42
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
I just gotta say liking/disliking this issue isn't the litmus test to see if you are a good person or not.

Mike, I don't think anyone is speaking personally to your character, we all know you are a decent guy, Jesse and Joe just had an emotional connection to that particular issue of Batman/Supes, that's all.

I mean, I liked that book, but honestly I feel the same way you do about it. I doubt I'll be thinking about it in the next few months, but I totally can understand why jesse and joe feel they way they do.

For me personally, the most emotional book I ever read was an issue of the Hulk back in the David/Keowon run, it was the first comic that supposedly dealt with the AIDs issue head on, it featured Jim Wilson, Sam Wilson's (the Falcon) nephew who had contracted the HIV virus...

Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #43
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Mike, I don't think anyone is speaking personally to your character, we all know you are a decent guy, Jesse and Joe just had an emotional connection to that particular issue of Batman/Supes, that's all.

I mean, I liked that book, but honestly I feel the same way you do about it. I doubt I'll be thinking about it in the next few months, but I totally can understand why jesse and joe feel they way they do.

For me personally, the most emotional book I ever read was an issue of the Hulk back in the David/Keowon run, it was the first comic that supposedly dealt with the AIDs issue head on, it featured Jim Wilson, Sam Wilson's (the Falcon) nephew who had contracted the HIV virus...

Thanks big man! I didn't mean to sound accusatory to my pals jesse and joe.

Back on topic, spectre rocks!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #44
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
As Sam said, I was not commenting on your worth as a person based on your comics choices. You read my review of Spectre and know how into this book I am. It made the top of my list last week, that's all. It's comics. It's not personal.
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #45
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
As Sam said, I was not commenting on your worth as a person based on your comics choices. You read my review of Spectre and know how into this book I am. It made the top of my list last week, that's all. It's comics. It's not personal.
bro, I finnaly read speactre. It was dope. Indeed. I remember when "Hardback" first showed up in the MCU, and to see him try and do his old job. Damn. This would be cool as an ongoing series, with Renee Montoya as a supporting character...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote