Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 05-02-2017, 08:18 AM   #111
Manu81
The Spirit

Alien python..the rest......PREORDERED!!
one bust to Spain please!lol my God! after 1 week doubting...I couldn't leave it pass!!
very excited for this...and selling the rest of my alien collection...lol
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 AM   #112
Python
Omega Red

Congratulations.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #113
Manu81
The Spirit

thanks python!! hope no to be dissapointed with the final bust...I have send the trex from chronicles back because of the quality of the final product..bad paintjob and scratches..no way...hope that coolprops will be more serious on that!
Old 05-02-2017, 10:43 AM   #114
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Congratulations Manu81!

After receiving the following news i may jump off the fence myself and pre-order!

See next post
ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:45 AM   #115
ALIEN
Sinister Six

INFORMATION UPDATE!

Here's the answers from Coolprops to the questions :

Question.1 : The Giger's ALIEN Prototype Head has been approved by Giger's Estate, does this mean all 1000 production pieces will be same design and style as images shown on your website & sideshow?
Answer : That picture shown is the prototype however of course we will try our very best to be able to produce the production piece as close as the prototype.

Question.2 : Is the design finished with no further changes?
Answer : The design of the head itself is fixed as it is shown in the pictures. However, the stand or plate might differ in the production.

Question.3 : Will the dome remain transparent same as sideshow images?
Answer : The dome in the prototype picture is made from PET and will be the same in the production piece as the transparency and material.

Question.4 : Who is main distributor in Europe?
Answer : For the European distributor, we do not know which to be the main distributor, but if you can give me the country, i can give you the lists of the retailer or you can ask Sideshow for the further detail. They are our international distributor and they know all the shops where they carry our products i guess.

I did not pose the question about price in the UK as they are not responsible for what dealers choose to charge but the 4th questions was to find out if European collectors especially in the UK could purchase the bust from someone else other than Collectibles Direct (CDUK) who are overcharging for this piece!!

Coolprops seem happy to receive other questions but would not be able to answer them yet due to a national holiday.
Good to see Coolprops are responding well to questions.
ALIEN
Old 05-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #116
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Tis a thing a beauty!! Guys if one of you could get this message over to Coolprops, to make sure to hit the front of that glass dome with a bit of black/grey paint or whatever, just haze it up a bit. So we don't see that skull too much, why does everybody leave the skull uncovered? was never visible in the film. Cinemaquette are the only ones that ever got that little detail right, "YOU DON'T SEE THE EYES AND IT'S SCARIER" Giger said many times. Put that little detail on your "to do" list Coolprops please. Now all that is missing, all we need is the 1/1 Giger Alien FULL FIGURE.
Hmmm. Would be good, if they get it right in production. The production pieces might have too much black/grey /brown shading which could spoil it. After seeing the DARK domed crappy paint job on the DOG Alien bust, I don't have much confidence with Coolprops at the moment. I prefer the Alien head therefore to be clean. Prefer to add shading to the dome to my standards later. If Coolprops stuffs that up and puts too much shading, it makes it hard to fix.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:42 PM   #117
Manu81
The Spirit

wohoooo!!!great news alien!! same dome in transparenci...it seems that differences could be from the stand or plate!! very happy to have preordered it!!!
I found a 15% off if I PO and in that case I save 420€!!

I had some doubts because of the future 1/3 statue...I finally decided the bust because a 1:1 big chap is a nightmare come true!lol
Old 05-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #118
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
Hmmm. Would be good, if they get it right in production. The production pieces might have too much black/grey /brown shading which could spoil it. After seeing the DARK domed crappy paint job on the DOG Alien bust, I don't have much confidence with Coolprops at the moment. I prefer the Alien head therefore to be clean. Prefer to add shading to the dome to my standards later. If Coolprops stuffs that up and puts too much shading, it makes it hard to fix.
I agree, keep it nice and clean Cool Props. Best of both worlds. I personally, love the clean look and see all of the skeleton at the front. But for people who want real accurate then it wouldnt be too difficult to paint and fade up the skull areas to your liking. But I guess the argument is, your paying that much money so you shouldn't have to paint or do anything to it.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #119
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
wohoooo!!!great news alien!! same dome in transparenci...it seems that differences could be from the stand or plate!! very happy to have preordered it!!!
I found a 15% off if I PO and in that case I save 420€!!

I had some doubts because of the future 1/3 statue...I finally decided the bust because a 1:1 big chap is a nightmare come true!lol
15% Off!!!!
Was that dealer in Europe Manu81?

I'm still to PO, just getting funds together.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #120
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
15% Off!!!!
Was that dealer in Europe Manu81?

I'm still to PO, just getting funds together.

Thanks
I PO in "vistoenpantalla" 2300€