Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
tonytiger
The X-Men

Really Sideshow?

Now you are started attacking e-bay listings with your name in it by using (VeRO) policy!

Yes, i had your name in it by stating that it was NOT sideshow or XM ect.. Made by DC direct..

Why don't you go after the copy's being made of your products.

That would protect our investment better then this crap!
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't understand. You're selling a DC Direct statue and they came at your because you stated it wasn't a Sideshow product? Was this in the title of the listing or the body of the listing?

That's pretty ignorant of them to just use a bot. If you clearly, expressly stated it was not their product they should let it go.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So correct me if I'm wrong here but what I see is people in the title selling say a DC Direct Super man. In the title they will state NOT Sideshow, XM etc. not to inform the buyer but to show up in more searches. Thats my take. Sidehow not liking that IMHO no big deal as its not consumer friendly anyway.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:08 PM   #4
adee
Green Arrow

While it is a little deceptive to have other company names in order to boost search results it's pretty petty. What difference does it make to them? I agree there are a lot bigger fish to fry.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #5
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't understand. You're selling a DC Direct statue and they came at your because you stated it wasn't a Sideshow product? Was this in the title of the listing or the body of the listing?

That's pretty ignorant of them to just use a bot. If you clearly, expressly stated it was not their product they should let it go.
It’s against eBay rules to say that something is NOT something (Sideshow in this example). When customers are searching for Sideshow they will get hits including above NOT Sideshow listing. OP is using this to have people “accidentally” see his/her listing. I did it before and about 75% of the time eBay removed the listing.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
It’s against eBay rules to say that something is NOT something (Sideshow in this example). When customers are searching for Sideshow they will get hits including above NOT Sideshow listing. OP is using this to have people “accidentally” see his/her listing. I did it before and about 75% of the time eBay removed the listing.
That ---- annoys me. The other day I was looking for J Scott Campbell art prints, and my search results were littered with prints from other artists just because the seller had used Campbell's name in the listing heading. Personally, I'm glad they remove that crap.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:12 PM   #7
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Do they own the word Sideshow? This among other reason is why I've stopped buying a lot of there stuff, I'm a COTD fan obviously, but no more apples or candles or statues I sorta like, if I dont 100% love it, I'm not impulse buying anything else, because almost all of it loses value and yes Chinese knock offs dont help
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #8
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
That ---- annoys me. The other day I was looking for J Scott Campbell art prints, and my search results were littered with prints from other artists just because the seller had used Campbell's name in the listing heading. Personally, I'm glad they remove that crap.
That’s why I stopped this practice. Figured I’m pissing more people than I’m “attracting”.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:17 PM   #9
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I would love it if eBay was able to cut out people using "NOT ____" in their titles. That just clutters search results with stuff I do NOT want to see.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #10
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Now you are started attacking e-bay listings with your name in it by using (VeRO) policy!

Yes, i had your name in it by stating that it was NOT sideshow or XM ect.. Made by DC direct..

Why don't you go after the copy's being made of your products.

That would protect our investment better then this crap!
Also I don’t think it’s the sideshow... lookup eBays Search manipulation policy