Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #801
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool1sky View Post
Dann if people are saying this should be $700, then I can’t imagine what everyone’s reaction were to the other SF 1:3 prices. Did people fuss about the prices for those too? I know the Ryu and Chun were both 900 and those are 1000% a step below this Cammy. Especially Chun with that flat paint job and janky anatomy. I mean sure they came out a few years ago and Cammy just came out 3 months ago out but still. For 2020 and for PCS standards this Cammy is great.
I paid $863 per Chun (deposit) but close enough, you could get it for $772 full pay. However Chun has far more work and detail compared to cammy here :| I also paid less for Ryu since I did full pay evo set. It's not just against the other PCS 1:3 either, if you stack them up against other 1/3 offerings they just don't seem to have the value there.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #802
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Whats better than a $900 badonkadonk? 3 of them at the same time....PCS nows that....thats why they have the set...and nothing but a stupid print to go with it....but ye i POd it anyway....they know my weakness.
Badonkadonk!!!!

I like it
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #803
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Dann if people are saying this should be $700, then I can’t imagine what everyone’s reaction were to the other SF 1:3 prices. Did people fuss about the prices for those too? I know the Ryu and Chun were both 900 and those are 1000% a step below this Cammy. Especially Chun with that flat paint job and janky anatomy. I mean sure they came out a few years ago and Cammy just came out 3 months ago out but still. For 2020 and for PCS standards this Cammy is great.
IMO this does feel more like a $700 statue rather than a $900+ one. When I compare to what the market has to offer in 2020 this does feel very basic.

1) Missing a lot of texturing detail for the skin and clothing.

2) The fabric is much more simpler compared to Chun-Li.

3) The new skin paint application is better (still could be improved), but this statue is lacking glass/acrylic eyes. Decals is unacceptable at this price point.

4) The base is very simple. This is not inherently bad, but seeing something like this does not sell me a on a $900+ statue.

5) No interchangeable parts/switchout options.

Other than Cammy being big, I can't see this much value in this piece at this price point compared to the market.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:41 PM   #804
jac1066
Blue Falcon

The connecting bridge base was a good idea, but did't hit the level this statue deserves . The scale is too small, lacks detail, the paint job looks like it was dipped in a bucked of brown paint wash. It's too plain and simple for a $900 statue.

PCS should have stuck to the original concept art.

jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #805
The World
Justice League

That base would have looked much better.

And of course factoring in more upgrades and such to get this to the level as say... a Prime 1 1/3 scale statue.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:57 PM   #806
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Chun-Li never had a normal anatomy to begin with.. She was described to be a woman with big thighs and small waist. Her 1:3 version captured what she is all about. For her paint job, I agree its a bit flat but the amount of details and tailoring on her dress is a different story.

Cammy on the otherhand, while its her signature pose, obviously they emphasize on her butt more than anything. It looks like she had a butt implant in some angles.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:22 PM   #807
MegatronG1
The X-Men

That concept art has the right poise and emotiveness in the portrait.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:19 AM   #808
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The original concept looked more like a sf this looks like a model posing

The paintjob I feel will boost people’s feeling about spending so much same painter that did ultimate warrior did cammy and factory did justice to warrior for most part on skin tones so Im sure they can replicate his second pAintjob.

Mixed media looks cheap and uninspiring that aspect I fear

900 price point is outrageous just due to the fact odds are this will be easy to pick up In aftermarket and won’t hold value so imo only buy to enjoy Ryu 1/3 just sold for $333 on a eBay German auction.

I do hope line continues and bison is made.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:22 AM   #809
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Badonkadonk!!!!

I like it
Its a classic
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #810
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

She is a beauty for sure. Can't wait to have her in the collection. Question...have any of you cats in the know heard anything about a 1:3 BISON for sure???
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote