Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #11
adee
Green Arrow

I guess I'm confused. Was it ebay or Sideshow that took issue with the listing?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:25 PM   #12
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I would love it if eBay was able to cut out people using "NOT ____" in their titles. That just clutters search results with stuff I do NOT want to see.
It's scummy. Another annoyance are knockoffs (action figures mainly) that are shamelessly titled as the real thing. I know eBay will never allow users to filter out China or any country completely, but it would help tremendously.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:30 PM   #13
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
I would love it if eBay was able to cut out people using "NOT ____" in their titles. That just clutters search results with stuff I do NOT want to see.
Totally agree; it's obviously just being used by people as a way to get their auction to show up in more results.

OP came here looking for sympathy and while he'll obviously get some, he should look in the mirror and acknowledge what he's doing. But of course that will never happen. I imagine he's not in any way capable of understanding how stupid it is to create an auction title that says DC Direct, Not Sideshow, Not XM Studios, etc. If you say by DC Direct Studios, why do you even have to say the "Not" things? Yeah....we all know why. So just admit it rather than getting aggravated that you've been called on it.

If you put a Chicago Cubs jersey up for sale, would you also add Not Chicago White Sox, Not New York Yankees? You might, but people who can think properly about these things wouldn't. Be better.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:44 PM   #14
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

The reason you put NOT something is because a lot of companies make the same character, plus what the hell is wrong with trying to get more search results for something your selling? Your not lying and your not hurting anyone, the only complaint I hear is " I got unwanted results in my Ebay search" well boo hoo life is really hard on you ain't it, best thing is try your best to never use ebay, and again dont buy ANYTHING from sideshow unless you are sure you want it until they bury you in the ground
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #15
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

It’s against eBay policy, what is so hard to understand? Take your misguided hate someplace else.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #16
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don’t see an issue with putting NOT though I’ve never done it myself.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:25 PM   #17
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Yeah, that annoys me too. I don't want to see "NO" or "NOT xxx".
Since I am fully on the side of ebay and also hope that they will crack down harder here
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:14 PM   #18
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
It’s against eBay policy, what is so hard to understand? Take your misguided hate someplace else.
I'm just taking up for the guy, because even if its against ebay policy, it's a silly policy, and it wouldn't be enforced if sideshow wasnt watching every listing , its NOT hard to understand, I just disagree with it, and misguided hate? Haha ok, again ONLY buy what you wanna keep forever, sideshow makes cool statues, they also make a lot of overpriced junk that people get excited about and buy and regret later
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:19 PM   #19
ukshaun
Hercules

It is annoying when searching for something on ebay to have something appear that is not something you are searching for.
It is common for statues to appear under not sideshow, not xm studios etc.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #20
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I'm just taking up for the guy, because even if its against ebay policy, it's a silly policy, and it wouldn't be enforced if sideshow wasnt watching every listing , its NOT hard to understand, I just disagree with it, and misguided hate? Haha ok, again ONLY buy what you wanna keep forever, sideshow makes cool statues, they also make a lot of overpriced junk that people get excited about and buy and regret later
It's not a silly policy, at all. What's silly is people not understanding why it isn't a proper thing to do. But that's people for you.

It is not in ANY WAY trying to "help" a potential buyer by telling them what an item isn't. If a person listed an item as being made by Sideshow Collectibles, someone buys it, and then files a claim to eBay because it isn't made by XM, how exactly do you think that's going to go? We all know how it's going to go; eBay is going to tell them "Read what you buy."

It's a silly thing people do to try to get their auctions to show up in more search results. Period. And if you think it's a stupid rule, well people doing stupid things that they shouldn't be doing are why "stupid" rules exist.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote