Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-03-2022, 11:58 AM   #51
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I hated it, I almost turned it off but I had to see it through.

I even like ----ty movies, bad action flicks are my guilty pleasure.... This was brutally awful IMO, I was incredibly disappointed to say the least.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:16 PM   #52
Mister H
Gen 13

Remember when they talked about the machines fighting each other over resources? THAT is what this movie should have been.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:45 PM   #53
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Remember when they talked about the machines fighting each other over resources? THAT is what this movie should have been.
The film states in that "pitch meeting" to me that they don't even know what to make because people want different things. Some people like lore building and story, while others what big ideas and themes.

I think they tried to have it all...and sort of had none of it.

I would have been fine with a "next generation" story of people 60 years later as I did find machine allies and bringing a program into our world to be interesting. Also could have let some new characters breath without the weight of the old hovering over them. A nice nod such as a monument to the big three (Neo, Trinity, Morpheus) been nice.

I say strip it down to lean budget, give it to John Wick guys with a young cast, and can make interesting stories in Matrix (I really liked animatrix).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 03:33 PM   #54
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

It took me two nights to finish this movie which is a big deal to me. I normally NEVER stop a movie half way. But I really didn't care to pause it and go to bed. It was just not good. The cgi was sub-par. The story was boring and a complete rehash of the first movie. over all this movie just shouldn't have been made
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:38 AM   #55
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I loved it. (: It had slow parts as much as action. I really enjoyed both. I would like to see how the new program which was the leader of Matrix came to power.

I really had a gaint smile on my face at the derelict programs scene. You all know who that was right ? xD HA HA

I wonder if Neo can go to Matrix, or into a digital simulation and from there can be appeare on the real world like Morpheus... You know how they build a body with those little ıron balls. I mean that way, if they can give a body to Neo from similation program to real world so he can do what he does in Matrix, in the real world with that physical body. that would be awesome.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:57 PM   #56
Davidian
Omega Flight

I'll have to watch it again some time later, but first viewing, I wasn't impressed. I seriously feel like this movie didn't need to be made, but since I'm a Matrix fan, I thought I'd give it a whirl. The last scene in the movie was very cringe worthy honestly.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 07:02 PM   #57
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It is a disaster..
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote