Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #31
SONICobra
Batman

"beyond the trailer" posted a video about this i found interesting. goes over the details of the original deal, what disney was attempting to negotiate for and why sony basically did what they did. she concluded that this is still probably in negotiations and not a done deal
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #32
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You would have gotten past highschool in the proposed 4th film. The third would have been his senior year and would have focused more on him and what happened after the twist in FFH.

I was actually happy they did such a focus on younger Spider-man, something the comics did as well. His character arc was being handled with care and given time to grow into adulthood.
Speaking for myself I’d rather not have each film be another year in his high school life. I’ve had my fill of seeing Peter struggle with his classmates and love life. Only so many scenes on a bus I can handle too. I think it’s time to fast forward a year or two showing his maturation into the iconic crime fighter.

Spoiler
As for the FFH twist, I didn’t like that at all. Unless it turns out being some sort of facade. Revealing his identity this early in his tenure as Spider-Man feels rushed and completely unoriginal given how Iron Man/Tony Stark was handled in the MCU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I haven't found any of the seven live action Spider-Man films to be great personally. My favorite bits of Spider-Man have been him in the MCU movies (Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame).

I will say Vulture and Mysterio have been my favorite villains on screen and I think Holland has the potential that I never saw in Maguire and only a bit in Garfield (side note: Emma as Gwen was best love interest). Honestly if they had him go to college and shed that supporting cast dead weight I could finally get a Spider-Man I loved, but I doubt that will happen.
I agree. None of the solo films have been great. Spider-Man 2 is probably still my favorite as it had a perfect blend of lightheartedness and seriousness. Doc Ock is still my favorite villain too despite enjoying the recent takes on Vulture & Mysterio.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #33
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I would rather see Spidey explored as a character outside of a big team environment. Spidey was good in MCU but I always wanted to see Holland’s character developed in a more focused manner. I would much rather see Marvel do this but the character is too popular to keep out of the MCU apparently. So, it looks like I might be getting the story I’d like to see (maybe wishful thinking) but not by the producer I want to see do it.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #34
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

does Disney get to keep the after credits scenes as part of the divorce. Asking for a friend.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #35
supermetroid
Teen Titans

If I had the rights to Spider-man I wouldn't let it go easily either. We know Disney has the money to get it if they really want to, I think it's kind of funny in a way that the reason it's so valuable is that even a mediocre comic book movie can rake in money so easily.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #36
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Spidey needs to be Spider-Man again, not SpideyStark....just feels like he’s a wannabe Iron Man, even down to the suit.

Liked the direction of Raimi films much more.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #37
nameivom
The Herculoids

From all the rumors this is what I've pieced together.

Disney currently has all merchandise rights to Spider-Man. Sony has the movie rights. The last contract had Disney getting 5% of every dollar the film version of Spider-Man brought in. They recently tried to renegotiate that deal and Disney asked for 50% of the box office take for future Spider-Man and Venom and other Spider-Man related character films. Sony counter offered with a 30% take for Disney. Disney declined that offer.

If you believe all the rumors that is where it currently stands.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:54 PM   #38
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
From all the rumors this is what I've pieced together.

Disney currently has all merchandise rights to Spider-Man. Sony has the movie rights. The last contract had Disney getting 5% of every dollar the film version of Spider-Man brought in. They recently tried to renegotiate that deal and Disney asked for 50% of the box office take for future Spider-Man and Venom and other Spider-Man related character films. Sony counter offered with a 30% take for Disney. Disney declined that offer.

If you believe all the rumors that is where it currently stands.
Well two things.

First Disney gets 5% of first day profit. Not 5% of everything the film makes.

Second Disney offered to pay for 50% of the production and marketing in return for 50% of the film profits.

Now, that's not to say Sony should have taken the offer but from what I heard they made no counter offer.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:58 PM   #39
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I haven't found any of the seven live action Spider-Man films to be great personally. My favorite bits of Spider-Man have been him in the MCU movies (Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame).

I will say Vulture and Mysterio have been my favorite villains on screen and I think Holland has the potential that I never saw in Maguire and only a bit in Garfield (side note: Emma as Gwen was best love interest). Honestly if they had him go to college and shed that supporting cast dead weight I could finally get a Spider-Man I loved, but I doubt that will happen.
Agreed.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #40
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote