Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-21-2019, 03:48 AM   #1
slow17motion
The Spirit

Robin's EX Base and other snubs.

I see that a lot of people have infinite patience for Tweeterhead, and that's fine. However, I have a few gripes about them. I understand they are short-staffed, but I feel like these are legitimate issues that need to be addressed.

1. The Robin EX Base has NEVER been shown. Its description has changed multiple times. We were promised a look at it AGES ago on Facebook and then told it might be at SDCC. Neither materialized. This has been a huge afterthought, and people who bought the Robin EX should be irritated.

2. On the last livestream, we were essentially told, "Hey, it's free!" No, it's not. You get to keep more of the money than you would if we ordered through Sideshow--which has pretty good customer support (in my experience, and I've had some issues--broken pieces, broken portraits, etc.--which were all rectified by their support). By ordering through Tweeterhead, we are subjected to the understaffed company's customer support. We roll the dice by purchasing the EX--that's not what I'd call free (and they keep more of the profit). Not to mention, it's a little insulting to essentially say, "Well, it's free, so you should have to deal with our constant non-answers."

3. The base is NOT an actual base from what I understand. It seems that it's a connective piece that goes between the Robin and Batman bases. That's NOT an EX BASE. Also, we were told it would include Batgirl. That has since been scrapped and we're told, "Well, she'll look good next to them anyway." Whatever.

4. This company does NOT do what it says it will do. It promises to show something--then takes a week off. Check the livestream. One week they said they'd show the base, the next week they took off. Now it's July--no base. I ordered Superman and was told about a replacement. I'm hoping they still make good on that, but now I'm pretty skeptical.

Now, I do think that a lot of their statues look great. They're reasonably priced and they have some good ideas (even though a lot of the characters' poses are recycled or taken straight from Sideshow--like Superman and Green Lantern). However, I've bought (paid in full) four statues: Superman, Robin, Batman, and Green Lantern.

Superman was a bit of a bust for reasons everyone is aware of already. Robin's statue has been treated like an afterthought. Batman, which I bought to display with Robin (I ordered it AFTER Robin), will now be on a separate base--connected via an EX piece? I guess? And Green Lantern looks awesome, but is a ways away.

I have statues from XM, Sideshow, Prime One, Iron Studios, and all of the big players. I have statues from much smaller studios, too. I have learned PATIENCE. But this just doesn't seem to be good business.

All that being said, I'm super hyped about GL, I hope their Nightwing looks great, and I would like an Aquaman to go with my awesome GL and my so-so Superman.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:49 AM   #2
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's probably just taken Chad awhile to get it perfected.

You are getting an entire extra base for the same price as the regular.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:37 PM   #3
built2shred
Phoenix

I agree that their customer service sucks. If you have any issues with the statues you order directly from TH it takes them forever to resolve the issue. Most of the time you don't even get a response to your emails.

They really should just let SS handle ALL customer service operations.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
Dark Knight.
Birdman

The Robin base was the only thing I ever ordered without seeing. I don't have too many EX pieces because it would really have to be worth it to pay the high shipping cost but I went in on this one. I bought this under the intention that all 3 characters can be joined. I agree that it has been disappointing not seeing this thing after all this time and the fact that all 3 characters won't be joined now really sucks. However, I think Chad is passionate about getting it right and I don't believe it's their intentions to deceive. I think the company is still young and going through growing pains as it expands (staff, customer service, schedules) but I'm willing to stay the course and support the company because I like their vision.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I really like Chad and Tweeterhead, but I can’t defend the company about the things you mentioned. I can only sympathize with your frustrations. He is trying his best though and I can only hope things will improve from now. Until then, I will have to avoid ordering directly from Tweeterhead as much as possible. I will only order from TH direct only when EX is way too good for me to pass up (like Cheetah).
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #6
cjacobs83
Justice League

I agree 100% with you slow17motion. Tweeterhead needs to make some changes or their customer base will suffer. I will no longer buy directly from tweeterhead.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #7
Mister H
Green Goblin

It’s still really early in the Tweeterhead universe. They aren’t PCS or anything. IMO, once they get more people working there, things will smooth out.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

What’s weird is that Chads in the San Francisco area and Debbie was, I think, in Pennsylvania. I guess that helps some but I would have though he needed someone that lived close by to help with labeling, shipping, unloading from trucks as well as email and customer service. I guess I don’t understand how Chad has his business organized.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
What’s weird is that Chads in the San Francisco area and Debbie was, I think, in Pennsylvania. I guess that helps some but I would have though he needed someone that lived close by to help with labeling, shipping, unloading from trucks as well as email and customer service. I guess I don’t understand how Chad has his business organized.
Not sure I would use that word.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #10
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I get the frustration but if Chad gets few people to handle CS prices will go up and everyone gonna ----- about that. Robin’s EX will be shown, Superman is being redone (what other company re did the whole run before?). With most companies lead times of 12-18 months I don’t see how TH is being any worse than others.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote