Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-17-2023, 08:42 AM   #571
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Great pics!.

Was going to give a detailed review, when I opened mine up a month or so back, but decided against it.

Plenty of criticisms, most of which were made when everyone was still looking at the prototype pics.
Just about everything people were critical of then, is right there, in your face, once it's set up. There are even a couple things that weren't evident in photos, that are irksome in-hand.

And yet, I can't help myself. I still love it.
It's the first Lynda Carter WW that has size, presence, and a degree of finish/detail that is satisfying.
There are definitely ways I could see it being bettered, but I seriously doubt it will be anytime soon. Until that day, if it ever comes, I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of this one.
When I first put it up, I cued up La LaLand's awesome, funk-a-liscious three disc set of the show's soundtrack music and spent an hour or two just musing on it. Bliss.

I had an idea to replace the anachronistic black WW in the back with something more show specific.
I've got the styrene and stars and a layout pattern to size, to work from. It'll be a fun side project for sometime over the summer. But when it comes down to having this up longer, I'll likely go without any backdrop.
I just want to admire the figure, as unobstructed as possible.
This is what they should have done!
The stars with built in LED, I said it in my review the WW logo is boring all black, cheap and zero effort.
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 06:19 PM   #572
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

My WL converted on The WW with bonus. What was the original price from ssc? For some reason I thought it $1290 not $1390. Those who have her, do you think it’s worth the price tag?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 07:35 PM   #573
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
My WL converted on The WW with bonus. What was the original price from ssc? For some reason I thought it $1290 not $1390. Those who have her, do you think it?s worth the price tag?
$1,390.00 for the bonus version

I shipped mine to florida which was $103.38

total: $1,488.38

not worth it imo, its pretty bare bones.....no posable cape, likeness is off, stars fall of the cape, the WW eagle logo is plain black they could have at least added colors to it and a should have added a built in LED effect on the base for this amount
Old 08-27-2023, 11:36 PM   #574
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
$1,390.00 for the bonus version

I shipped mine to florida which was $103.38

total: $1,488.38

not worth it imo, its pretty bare bones.....no posable cape, likeness is off, stars fall of the cape, the WW eagle logo is plain black they could have at least added colors to is and a built in LED effect on the base.
Strange shipping to Canada is $99.71 with total $1489.71. I?ve noticed prime 1 stuff is getting up there in price. I?m almost expecting barebone statue will be priced like this.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 04:30 AM   #575
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Strange shipping to Canada is $99.71 with total $1489.71. I?ve noticed prime 1 stuff is getting up there in price. I?m almost expecting barebone statue will be priced like this.
Think it has to do with currency, the dollar value kept going up and down and I noticed slight differences in my monthly installments
I stopped buying anymore collectibles, I still have 2 on order via SP (both are P1 statues) after that I call it quits, gonna wait and see what happens to the prices.
If the prices continue to go up then I don't see the point in collecting anymore, especially if they continue to downgrade the production pieces, lynda carter was SIGNIFICANTLY different between proto and production piece.

here is my order:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gkljfgffdg.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	164471  
Old 08-30-2023, 10:36 PM   #576
pdenham
Teen Titans

I think the $1290 was the price direct from Prime 1.
I can't remember if SSCs was the same, or slightly higher.
Secret Compass was $1399 and BBTS just over $1400, IIRC.

Is it worth it?
Depends on how you think about it.

If every studio was pumping out Lynda Carter statues the way they flog Margot Robbie Harleys or Ledger Jokers- then absolutely not.
As Billy said, there's not a lot of flash to it. Further there are a lot of things to be genuinely critical of- from the aspects of the likeness to the body to the cheap, plastic feel of the base.

The thing is, it's a very limited, niche appeal property that's likely to experience no competition from any other studio in this scale, ever again.
That's what i attribute the price to, not so much the amount of resin in the box. Though even by that metric, the Darkside Star Trek figures are more impressive. At least in terms of cost and ES, and probably the integrity of the likenesses as well.

By my count, she's had only four statues made of her in the 13 years I've been collecting. Two 1/6s from Tweeterhead that are basic and OK; one from DC Direct that looked pretty dire (can't recall the scale, but no bigger than 1/4), and this.
So the answer depends on how much you care about this version of the character. It's not a good value compared to other statues you can buy. But it's also far and away the most impressive Lynda Carter that's been made to date, and will likely remain so for a long time to come.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote