Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-20-2022, 02:05 PM   #381
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
there was part of the original Joker PF inside a base.
Creepy! Maybe that's what happened to Jimmy Hoffa.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:16 AM   #382
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thanks a ton everyone.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:15 PM   #383
ukshaun
Hercules

This is a piece i never thought in a million years i would pick up.
Today that all changed. Having watched the TV series, and thought it was the best thing Disney has put out Star Wars wise (sure there were a number of moments i found iffy). Since watching The Madalorian, i found that i liked the character so much more than Boba Fett, which is something i never thought i would say.

Using a 15% off code + $16.50 in SSC rewards, i managed to save a whopping $111.75
The plan is to pair the Mandalorian with Ahsoka Tano, which is another character i never thought i would collect.

I really want to avoid going down the 1/4 Star Wars rabbit hole. It would be financial suicide

'This is the way..'
That phase is up there with 'May the Force be with you..'

LOADING: Image(s)

The Mandalorian and Asoka @ Sideshow Collectibles SDCC 2022
Stills taken from The Secret Sanctuary and Batman Statue Collector
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:21 PM   #384
SONICobra
Batman

I traded my iron studios mando in for this one and am very happy as well. Overall this is better than the IS in every way (including pose). This coming from someone who initially had a major hang up with it. It looks better in person but I think while not necessarily accurate they were trying to give him the gunslinger look by having him reach for one of his guns - at least seeing it in person I really think that’s what they were going for. But the overall fit and finish, proportions and like I said even pose make this the best 1/4 mando on the market. HT is ok but it has some issues as well and then you have to struggle finding a pose and I don’t like either base it comes with personally
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:21 PM   #385
dao2
Cyclops

The old EU boba fett (most of them versions of him at least) where cool, The prequels and new disney versions of Fett just suck :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:52 PM   #386
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I traded my iron studios mando in for this one and am very happy as well. Overall this is better than the IS in every way (including pose). This coming from someone who initially had a major hang up with it. It looks better in person but I think while not necessarily accurate they were trying to give him the gunslinger look by having him reach for one of his guns - at least seeing it in person I really think that?s what they were going for. But the overall fit and finish, proportions and like I said even pose make this the best 1/4 mando on the market. HT is ok but it has some issues as well and then you have to struggle finding a pose and I don?t like either base it comes with personally
I have seen photo's of the IS piece, and thought it looked quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The old EU boba fett (most of them versions of him at least) where cool, The prequels and new disney versions of Fett just suck :|
I liked Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back. In the Book of Boba, i lost all interest in Boba Fett
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:55 PM   #387
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have seen photo's of the IS piece, and thought it looked quite good.
After looking at it in person for a year there were several things that really bugged me
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:43 PM   #388
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
After looking at it in person for a year there were several things that really bugged me
HT the best one out there IMO.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:54 PM   #389
Mister H
Youngblood

I hope they do a Mando PF in his original brown armor. I like the contrast between the brown and silver.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:53 AM   #390
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Quote:
I traded my iron studios mando in for this one and am very happy as well. Overall this is better than the IS in every way (including pose). This coming from someone who initially had a major hang up with it. It looks better in person but I think while not necessarily accurate they were trying to give him the gunslinger look by having him reach for one of his guns - at least seeing it in person I really think that?s what they were going for. But the overall fit and finish, proportions and like I said even pose make this the best 1/4 mando on the market. HT is ok but it has some issues as well and then you have to struggle finding a pose and I don?t like either base it comes with personally
That is weird I thought the IS one was far better than Sideshow one. I have the Sideshow one who is way better in person than in pictures, and I am trying to get the IS one. You traded it ? I am amazed but since you have been it in hands for a year plus you should have right.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote