Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #601
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

hey alex since we are one the subject of LSFs. is batman on the shortlist and will we see him go up for PO before the new batman/superman movie?

ps: PLEASE make it the open arms about to go into flight pose. it's unique and badass.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #602
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
How does the Predator 2 maquette look in person in your opinion, compared to the LSF Wolf predator?
I love the presence of the Predator 2 Maquette. His details are quite amazing to me. The Wolf Predator is impressive to me as well but more so for his action stance. The details on the wolf are nice as well but I've just always loved the movement being conveyed in the wolf predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Hi Alex --

I'm a longtime reader, first time questioner ...

I didn't see your reply to whether the Jean Grey and Hellfire Emma were in the works. They were both previewed in sketches in a SS video. So are they in the works? Will we be seeing anything on them soon?

If not -- PLEASE pass on to the rest of the crew that we are in desperate need of a Phoenix and/or Jean piece

--Lindsey
Jean Grey has been an on going project. I believe any kind of Phoenix project has been placed on hold for now. Given the popularity of the Phoenix storyline, I'd imagine a collectible from Sideshow would exist sometime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post
What lines/properties will get PO's in the next couple of months?
Unfortunately I cannot be that specific about what lines will see Pre-Orders in the coming months as product pre-orders change enough times that what I say today could be totally wrong tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
Hi Alex

I know they are not as popular as some of the main characters from DC, but is SSC planning to make a Captain Marvel or Black Adam?

Thanks
Unfortunately I really do not know if any of the characters you mentioned above are in the works or not at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethole View Post
Hi Alex...is it likely to see Daredevil,Ghostrider, or Wolverine pfs this year?thanks
You MAY be seeing one of the three characters you mentioned above in collectible form sometime this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kobra View Post
Hi Alex

Is it likely we'll get another Hal Jordan PF that fits in more size wise with the JLA PFs that are coming out, also any plans for comic versions of ant-man, winter soldier or gaurdians of the galaxy PFs

P.S. since I missed out on the original Black Panther, any chance for another PF that's standing rather then crouching.

THANKS!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if another Hal Jordan comes to pass but I really do not have confirmation of a future Hal Jordan piece right now.

Movie versions of Winter Solider and Guardians of the Galaxy pieces would more than likely exist before comic versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
On my collection page I have added links to all the product pages of every company and statue and wanted to add the one from Ms. Marvel as well. I was able to find every old statue, only Ms. Marvel is missing. Here are some links of the eldest PF's from Sideshow which are still working:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...ive/?sku=71462

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...learnmore_7138

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...learnmore_7144

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...earnmore_71651

Maybe you can help to reactivating the link of Ms. Marvel?
Gotcha. Unfortunately the Ms. Marvel product link will more than likely not be re-activated. So sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemooo View Post
Hello Alex, should we expect new wave of Mythos characters or the line was limited to the five original ones?
I do believe more will happen in the future yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
Hi Alex, this is related to Kobra question. Is there plans on completing the first Justice League line up?
Supes,Bats,WW,GL,Flash,Aquaman and Martian Manhunter?

We hope they will be in scale for a great visual effect.
Unfortunately I just do not know if Flash, Aquaman or Martian Manhunter are lined up to become collectibles anytime soon.

Quote:
The Alien Queen Hive is not coming out at all this year, but there may be an update on it this year?
I'm hoping probably just as much as y'all that an official update on this project will happen...and soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

The box for the recent Batman PF was surprisingly huge. It's pretty apparent that the cape and the body of the figure is what makes it so, so has Sideshow taken any steps to possibly reducing the box size for Superman's similar release? Instead of stacking the cape and body above/below one another, couldn't there be some way to put the cape on one side of the styrofoam material and the body on the other?

Also, I'm sure the box size is what was causing so much grief for international buyers, but even for us domestic customers just receiving something so huge was a problem (not to mention how everyone is gonna try and store it).

Has anyone at Sideshow even hinted at looking at new packaging options?

Thanks
We are always looking to lessen box sizes for products where possible but the reasoning for positioning of pieces as they are in packing is to try and ensure the product gets into the hands of collectors without damage. In the case of Superman it may end up having just as large as a box of Batman but I really do not know what the final box size for this item will be yet. I'll see if I can find out and report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex,

Aside from the cape being mixed media fabric for the 89' Bats pf, will the utility belt be mixed media as well instead of fully sculpted?
The cape is the only mixed media piece on this item.
The utility belt is sculpted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rquiem View Post
Hey Alex,

December came and went, still no update on the painted Starcraft 2 Kerrigan queen of blades.....

When can we expect to see some paint
I don't believe this piece is anywhere near being done with pain application. Blizzard pieces typically take the longest for paint application due to approval/revision process that occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi SSalex,

After your beautiful Neytiri Bust, i would like to know if Sideshow wants to create Jake Sully in the same line?

Thank you
A Jake Sully Bust is not very likely to happen anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorc View Post
Hi SSAlex, any chance to have a exclusive "statueforum" premium format figure, i.e. stromtrooper PF (same body,same base) with alternate Han Solo or Luke head instead the regular one? Regards...
Though this isn't a bad idea the probability of it actually happening are slim to none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Hey Alex !..................thanks for hanggin out with us lunatics.

Here, I got you a coffee...

Chris
Why thank you, Chris! Coffee is always appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
Hi Alex! What are the chances of a Cyborg Superman PF from the DC line?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer our questions?
Always a chance! More popular versions of the Superman character would exist before the less popular versions and would be much farther down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
hey alex since we are one the subject of LSFs. is batman on the shortlist and will we see him go up for PO before the new batman/superman movie?

ps: PLEASE make it the open arms about to go into flight pose. it's unique and badass.
I would imagine Batman could be a good candidate for such scale. When such a piece would see a debut...I just do not know.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #603
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

SSAlex,

Is the Darth Vader Mythos replacement arm (to replace the error) still on backordered? I haven't heard from customer service since I requested to be put on the list several months back. Thanks.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #604
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
SSAlex,

Is the Darth Vader Mythos replacement arm (to replace the error) still on backordered? I haven't heard from customer service since I requested to be put on the list several months back. Thanks.
The replacement arms were happening in two waves and replacements issued in the order in which requests were made. The first wave were fulfilled within the last few weeks and the second wave of arms are expected in within the next couple of weeks, so those waiting for them should have them soon! :-)
Old 01-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #605
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hi Alex, who would win in a fight, Alan Moore or Frank Miller.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #606
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Are there any upcoming 1/4 or 1/3 Terminator pieces Alex?
GM4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:13 AM   #607
King Kobra
Frackin!

Are there any more pices planned for the mignola hellboy style, Alex? (Specifically an Abe and Liz)

THANKS
King Kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #608
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Hi Alex, who would win in a fight, Alan Moore or Frank Miller.
Oooo...tough one. Frank Miller...that guy has some dark, dark thoughts that end up on the page (not that Moore doesn't within his body of works of course), so you never know what he could do in the ring with Moore, ha!

Quote:
Are there any upcoming 1/4 or 1/3 Terminator pieces Alex?
Sorry, I do not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kobra View Post
Are there any more pices planned for the mignola hellboy style, Alex? (Specifically an Abe and Liz)

THANKS
Sorry....this is another question that I do not have an answer for at this time.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #609
Antman84
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hello

So to keep asking questions last one for a while

Is the hulk vs wolverine dio still in development

Looking forward to that one
Antman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #610
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Alex.. please.. I need my fix.....almost 7 months and counting..

is there any Star wars Premium Format Statue going up for PO anytime soon ??
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote