Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-28-2022, 12:19 PM   #1
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Paypal

Just noticed a lot of the online statue retailers and comic collectibles stores dont offer paypal anymore like SpecF doesnt use PP anymore and i just used it to pay off my PO...other comic retailers i buy from almost at the same time dropped paypal....now they use ShopPay....not familiar with ShopPay...what you guys think? Is there a new Paypal policy or whats the deal? Just wondering with the sudden change.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 12:29 PM   #2
Thor57
Teen Titans

I’ve never personally been on the bad end of a PayPal deal, but I hear horror stories constantly of PP siding with a buyer in almost all circumstances. So I could see an independent retailer like Spec shying away if that’s the case. I hope not though.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 01:02 PM   #3
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

SF still uses PayPal. It’s there with the rest of the payments at the bottom of their website and among all the payment methods at checkout. I used it to pay Claire off last week and Lurtz yesterday. I use partially through them now for PO’s and payment plans. They send an invoice for shipping through PayPal.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 02:55 PM   #4
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do not use PayPal and similar payment services when it comes to foreign currency. It's cheaper with a credit card and safe enough for me.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 03:42 PM   #5
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They were planning on putting some really shady policies in place and that caused a lot of people and places to stop using them. For a couple weeks straight the largest search online was how to delete a PayPal account. After the beating they put out a post saying that the memo was “accidentally “ sent out and they weren’t really going to be fining people thousands of dollars for their social media posts.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 04:41 PM   #6
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Just noticed a lot of the online statue retailers and comic collectibles stores dont offer paypal anymore like SpecF doesnt use PP anymore and i just used it to pay off my PO...other comic retailers i buy from almost at the same time dropped paypal....now they use ShopPay....not familiar with ShopPay...what you guys think? Is there a new Paypal policy or whats the deal? Just wondering with the sudden change.
I just read that ShopPay is not really a new paying method, but your favorite paying method behind a personal 6-digit code when buying something at shop you often buy from. Your paying info is already in your shop account and protected by 'email + 6-digit code' and is faster than searching for your real CC / bankcard etc.

Sounds useless to me.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 04:44 PM   #7
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Sounds useless to me.
Especially when most browsers can fill in your credit card info with a single click.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 04:59 PM   #8
Halcyon
Loki

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Especially when most browsers can fill in your credit card info with a single click.
Lol and who want extra risk of stolen info now a days.
Block as many automatic functions and just use your card and your head.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 06:18 PM   #9
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think Stripe is the biggest competitor to PayPal and seen several sites adding it lately. I am betting the ShopPay mentioned above is just an easy way to accept many different pay methods without setting up the ability to accept each one. Really it’s just like PayPal as they do the same thing. You have to put a bank account or credit card in either one. Now how good their security is, can’t say as I have not used them. I used stripe once at showz and had no issues. Didn’t have to make an account with them though unless you want to accept payments.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 06:50 PM   #10
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Lol and who want extra risk of stolen info now a days.
Block as many automatic functions and just use your card and your head.
Paypal is very useful to me. I have had my credit card info stolen 5 times in the last 6 years, but nobody has ever stolen my paypal info. So now I just make paypal purchases.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote