Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #921
Tarksis
Justice League

The XM Glad Hulk pics I've seen look good. I prefer the action pose of the SS version to the museum pose of the XM by far, however.

Gladiator hulk has been shipped and I should be receiving him tomorrow!! I will let you know if he lives up to my expectations.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:10 PM   #922
NSHStatue&Soles
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
The XM Glad Hulk pics I've seen look good. I prefer the action pose of the SS version to the museum pose of the XM by far, however.

Gladiator hulk has been shipped and I should be receiving him tomorrow!! I will let you know if he lives up to my expectations.
Hell yea! Looking forward to your feedback.
NSHStatue&Soles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #923
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:

Nice. Looking forward to seeing some pics and videos from everyone. I'm on the fence right now.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #924
Biggunz
Loki

Good Luck Tark!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #925
Tarksis
Justice League

Thanks guys, got my fingers crossed! I didn't read any reports of damaged Juggernauts so I hope the same goes for Hulk.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #926
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:

Awesome, looking forward to some great pics!
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #927
Tarksis
Justice League

I got my Gladiator Hulk yesterday afternoon and got him assembled last night after work. I need to adjust my shelving and lights since he is more massive than I expected and the set up isn't ideal for a proper showing. I don't have pictures yet but I will give you my preliminary thoughts.

First off, he shipped on time with minimal damage to the shippers. He arrived in two boxes but shippers only, no secondary inner box. I was worried, but he was packed tightly and well padded inside. There was no damage to the statue at all which is all I cared about. Thank God

He is better, bigger and heavier than I expected. All I had was my bathroom digital scale so I am not confident that it is 100% accurate but it is always consistent. He weighs 48.2lbs with the collector's head, 2 pounds heavier than my 5 year old son. His height came in at 26.75 inches to the tallest spike of the mace. His fist is nearly as large as mine and the mace head is about the size of a grapefruit. His left hand with mace is taller and more massive than the Wolverine PF (not including the sentinel hand).

Portraits are amazing with extremely clean teeth and perfect eyes that are nice and glossy with no googliness. I like the helmeted portrait way more in person and now have a hard time deciding which to display. I had a collector friend over who wanted to watch the unboxing/assembly and he felt the same.

I have two main criticisms. No inner box, the added protection would have given me a little more peace of mind, (I read that Juggernaut had an inner box and expected this for Hulk. If I am mistaken then please disregard). I don't care about an art box, I just wanted another layer of protection. That being said, no damage occurred. My other complaint is nothing new...the seems on the two large tentacles of the alien are bad. One more so than the other. And one of his leather straps off the back of his belt has a gap where it should be contacting the belt. You won't really see this however in most display positions.

I noticed on the unboxing video that Sideshow put up that his mace hand and collectors head looked wobbly when he assembled them. This was not the case for me at all. the mace hand slides in freely until the last 1/4 inch. At this point the magnet will hold but it is wobbly. You push it that last 1/4 inch and it is extremely tight to the point where it takes some effort to remove it. The collectors head held strong. It could shift maybe 1/32-1/16 inch if I moved it but it would not shift on its own. The exclusive head being lighter is a solid fit. The seems are reasonably hidden by the bead necklaces.

Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase and would order him again in a heartbeat. At $1440 shipped, I am thrilled and my expectations were exceeded. He really is something to behold in person. He is solid and heavy. The paint application is very well done. I did not see any area that was sloppy or out of line. Even the pink around his obedience disk is toned down on mine which was my main paint criticism when the production piece was unveiled.

If you have the means and were on the fence with this piece have no fear. I cannot sing its praises enough. Thank you Sideshow and Daniel for an amazing piece and the crowning jewel of my collection.

Cheers

PS: My edition is #189/400
Old 12-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #928
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looking at video's I was surprised at how big it was. Nice piece.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #929
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Looking at video's I was surprised at how big it was. Nice piece.
Thanks....
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #930
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
I got my Gladiator Hulk yesterday afternoon and got him assembled last night after work. I need to adjust my shelving and lights since he is more massive than I expected and the set up isn't ideal for a proper showing. I don't have pictures yet but I will give you my preliminary thoughts.

First off, he shipped on time with minimal damage to the shippers. He arrived in two boxes but shippers only, no secondary inner box. I was worried, but he was packed tightly and well padded inside. There was no damage to the statue at all which is all I cared about. Thank God

He is better, bigger and heavier than I expected. All I had was my bathroom digital scale so I am not confident that it is 100% accurate but it is always consistent. He weighs 48.2lbs with the collector's head, 2 pounds heavier than my 5 year old son. His height came in at 26.75 inches to the tallest spike of the mace. His fist is nearly as large as mine and the mace head is about the size of a grapefruit. His left hand with mace is taller and more massive than the Wolverine PF (not including the sentinel hand).

Portraits are amazing with extremely clean teeth and perfect eyes that are nice and glossy with no googliness. I like the helmeted portrait way more in person and now have a hard time deciding which to display. I had a collector friend over who wanted to watch the unboxing/assembly and he felt the same.

I have two main criticisms. No inner box, the added protection would have given me a little more peace of mind, (I read that Juggernaut had an inner box and expected this for Hulk. If I am mistaken then please disregard). I don't care about an art box, I just wanted another layer of protection. That being said, no damage occurred. My other complaint is nothing new...the seems on the two large tentacles of the alien are bad. One more so than the other. And one of his leather straps off the back of his belt has a gap where it should be contacting the belt. You won't really see this however in most display positions.

I noticed on the unboxing video that Sideshow put up that his mace hand and collectors head looked wobbly when he assembled them. This was not the case for me at all. the mace hand slides in freely until the last 1/4 inch. At this point the magnet will hold but it is wobbly. You push it that last 1/4 inch and it is extremely tight to the point where it takes some effort to remove it. The collectors head held strong. It could shift maybe 1/32-1/16 inch if I moved it but it would not shift on its own. The exclusive head being lighter is a solid fit. The seems are reasonably hidden by the bead necklaces.

Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase and would order him again in a heartbeat. At $1440 shipped, I am thrilled and my expectations were exceeded. He really is something to behold in person. He is solid and heavy. The paint application is very well done. I did not see any area that was sloppy or out of line. Even the pink around his obedience disk is toned down on mine which was my main paint criticism when the production piece was unveiled.

If you have the means and were on the fence with this piece have no fear. I cannot sing its praises enough. Thank you Sideshow and Daniel for an amazing piece and the crowning jewel of my collection.

Cheers

PS: My edition is #189/400
Thanks for the great review
I have mine on payment plan, but was still on the fence about it. You've made me excited to get it.
I just LOVE that exclusive head sculpt!
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote