Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #421
Augen
Metal Men

Rapunzel could be cool, make her hair wrap around and be the base possibly?

I'd hope Aurora be awake.

Tons of possibilities.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:03 PM   #422
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
I really want the line to continue as well. Specifically, I love to see these 3 Fairy Tails come to life.
That Sleeping Beauty would be pretty awesome. If we don't get a 12 days of SS reveal, I think this like is over.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #423
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Rapunzel could be cool, make her hair wrap around and be the base possibly?

I'd hope Aurora be awake.

Tons of possibilities.
This. No boring 'sleeping on a bed' pose.

I would kill for one where she's awake and her hand is extended as she's about to touch the spindle. And the spinning wheel can be part of the base.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #424
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Opened my Alice and I’m very pleased with her. One thing I didn’t anticipated was her weight. She’s a heavy statue. Much more so than mermaid. I was planning to put her on a detolf shelf in the same tower as mermaid. Is anyone displaying her as such? Is her weight going to be an issue?

Edit: just checked the detolf weight limit is 5.9kg. She’s well past that
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:29 PM   #425
Gokanma

Paint isn’t as good as the prototype but still very nice and no complaints. Their first piece in this series (the mermaid) actually looks very close to their prototype pictures. Why is that? They put in extra effort because she was their debut launch piece? Tinker bell had shocking paint compared to the pictures they made available to potential customers, such that I cancelled my PO. That was disappointing as I’m a big fan of little Tinker Bell.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:54 PM   #426
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm kind of glad I wasn't a Tink fan, that was a poor effort on Sideshows part with the paint. Also, there were a couple of complaints about broken wings on arrival too.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #427
dechirico7
The Flash

The paint on mine is clean. What is it missing that the prototype had? This might be one of the most consistently good lines that sideshow has had. I think all three pieces arrived immaculate. The fact that people are still expecting to receive prototype quality on a production piece.... Crazy.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:50 PM   #428
Gokanma

It’s not the same as a prototype car where you know it’s just a teaser with where their theme might lead them. If you advertise a pro type as the actual product you receive it will disappoint people, and rightly so. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy with my Alice statue. I just think it would be more honest to present production piece pictures in the PO page rather than a stunningly painted piece that you won’t get.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #429
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokanma View Post
It’s not the same as a prototype car where you know it’s just a teaser with where their theme might lead them. If you advertise a pro type as the actual product you receive it will disappoint people, and rightly so. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy with my Alice statue. I just think it would be more honest to present production piece pictures in the PO page rather than a stunningly painted piece that you won’t get.
Rarely do you see a production piece before pre-order, if ever. Why would a company stick money into production without knowing the amount of interest in a piece? This process has been used for over 25 years.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:39 PM   #430
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Rarely do you see a production piece before pre-order, if ever. Why would a company stick money into production without knowing the amount of interest in a piece? This process has been used for over 25 years.
They could easily paint it to show what to expect from the factory, hiring an expert painter to do their best job on the prototype when you know the factory will not get anywhere near that quality is a bit of a cheat... That said it only really affects new customers as veterans know not to expect that quality and it's why most of us don't pre-order anymore, not until we see a production statue...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote