Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-24-2020, 06:28 PM   #61
nearmint
Phoenix

It’s now up at spec, but the 3-day discount doesn’t appear to be available.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:48 PM   #62
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It’s now up at spec, but the 3-day discount doesn’t appear to be available.
It is.... more or less.

At least the bulk of the discount has been applied.

I think Spec’s is $45/$40 higher, which isn’t all that unusual.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:02 PM   #63
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Not an easy pass for me, but it's probably going to a pass nonetheless because of the shield.
Not easy because this is the first Spider-man statue from anyone I've liked more than not (because it's closesr to a classic Romita look for the character).

It's an iconic scene- especially since it was the big cinematic entrance of a Spider-man executed under Marvel Studios creative control.

But unlike the Thanos 1/4, which is also from a specifc uber-iconic moment, the shield bit doesn't really encapsulate, or personify, the character the way that Thanos moment did.
The moment with the shield was just a throw-away, fan service bit.

A very unfortunate and ill advised creative decision from Queen to go the way they did, as the shield would have made *the perfect* deluxe extra on a statue where the standard was a basic right arm pose.
Instead, they gimped it to being only scene specific, and then bizarrely offer an unmasked portrait as the ex. It's a great likeness, but how many people are actually going to display it like that? And how the hell does that jibe with it's overall intent to be so screen specific?

I'll probably regret passing on it over the next several years, as I continue to wait in vain for a retro Spider-man that checks all the boxes for me, but the shield limits the appeal of this one just a little too much for me.
like you just said, the unmasked portrait is not scene specific either, so adding a regular, non shield arm should be a simple thing to add and will make a good difference in the profits for them. Win-win.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:33 AM   #64
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
like you just said, the unmasked portrait is not scene specific either, so adding a regular, non shield arm should be a simple thing to add and will make a good difference in the profits for them. Win-win.
If they do a Cap to partner this scene then the shield will make sense. Personally I like the shield as a point of difference to the other Spiderman statues. I'll prob just go for the normal edition through as he was never unmasked during that scene. Plus I already have a portrait with the IS Spiderman 1/4 scale.
BigMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:54 AM   #65
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
If they do a Cap to partner this scene then the shield will make sense. Personally I like the shield as a point of difference to the other Spiderman statues. I'll prob just go for the normal edition through as he was never unmasked during that scene. Plus I already have a portrait with the IS Spiderman 1/4 scale.
It doesn’t really bother me much as I’ve bought all the Spider-Man statues released by Iron Studios. So I think I have enough variety as it is.

And then there’s Sideshow statue that I have and all the 1/6 & 1/4 figures from Hot Toys.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #66
SONICobra
Batman

this thing is awesome but as others have mentioned, misstep not having a no shield display option
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:30 PM   #67
kvsm23vs24
Frackin!

Has a discount but not full at Spec, but they do have free shipping. Huge plus.
kvsm23vs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:17 PM   #68
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24 View Post
Has a discount but not full at Spec, but they do have free shipping. Huge plus.
Are you sure? Though of course it’ll only be for US residents, but I didn’t see the option.

But then again the descriptions on both pages has wrong information on it. I think from the Thanos piece.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:11 PM   #69
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Agree with Phoenixblazes, Spec DOES NOT have free shipping on the Civil War Spidey.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:02 PM   #70
azurepred
Zot

statuedepot still has the cheapest price in the US that I've seen, but still no where near the big discount that QS is advertising.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote