Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #24381
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hell or High Water - 8.5/10

Really good.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:51 AM   #24382
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Bumblebee - 8.5/10

That was great! The Transformers film that should've been made years ago.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #24383
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse - 4/5

They did it, somehow this works and it does so with flying colours. Animation is some of the best I've ever seen and this might be one of the best comic book movies ever simply cause it actually feels like you're watching an animated comic book. It also has some great writing to boot.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #24384
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Black Panther- 7/10

Some cool visuals and story was good if a bit too long. Killmonger was one of the more memorable villains from the Marvel movies, he actually felt threatening and powerful.

Making a Murderer part 2- 7/10

Not as good as part 1 but still interesting and surprising just how poorly the investigation was handled. Still biased in Steven's favor which was a big criticism of part 1. I'm unsure about the "recreations" of trying to mimic the crime for DNA as you're not going to get the same results if you try 100 times...but some of the DNA evidence is a bit weird like only his blood in few random places in the front of the car while there's only hers in the rear...finding the key to her car on the 3rd(?) visit to his trailer...finding bones almost a week later in the barrel after finding nothing the first time...not allowing the County Coroner to be on the scene and threatening to arrest her if she does, yet she's actually ranks as the top official...she had no involvement in Steven's wrongful conviction yet multiple officers that were on the case were allowed all over the case/crime scene...a witness spotting the car 2 days before it was found and telling an officer but nothing came of it...the prosecutors hiding the fact of their main witness having very disturbing content on his computer...just a lot of missed or unusual circumstances in this case. Maybe he did do it, but it's pretty clear there were shady acts going on behind the scenes. "Yeah."

Evil Genius(Netflix documentary)- 8/10

It's about a 2003 bank heist that involved a man with a bomb locked around his neck. Really well made, pretty amazing how the creator kept in touch for so long with the alleged mastermind and really got into her psyche. Some bizarre individuals all around involved in the case, I felt uneasy with how well they manipulated others and clearly had no guilt at all.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #24385
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

The Predator 2/10

Just ugh
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #24386
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Evil Genius(Netflix documentary)- 8/10

It's about a 2003 bank heist that involved a man with a bomb locked around his neck. Really well made, pretty amazing how the creator kept in touch for so long with the alleged mastermind and really got into her psyche. Some bizarre individuals all around involved in the case, I felt uneasy with how well they manipulated others and clearly had no guilt at all.
You're the second person who has mentioned this. I should really sit down and watch it. They raved about it too!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #24387
Agent23

Manchester by the Sea - 8/10
Old 12-11-2018, 12:32 AM   #24388
Frankierock
Omega Red

Shape of Water- 8/10
Pretty good, only bad thing is every time I saw the Merman guy...I thought of Hellboy's Abe..Del Toro should have changed him up a bit more.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:41 AM   #24389
Python
Omega Red

Solo: 8/10

Second viewing and I still enjoyed it.

Mission impossible 1-5: 8/10

I'll average these out for the sake of time. This franchise is consistently entertaining and I while some are better than others, none are particularly poor. After watching all of them last week, I'm looking forward to watching Fallout soon...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:42 AM   #24390
Agent23

You're gonna love Fallout, I think it's the best in the series and one of my favorites overall.