Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #1161
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Im still not 100% convinced thats the exact same as the one seen at sdcc and summer wonderfest. The portrait and cape look updated but the shoulders and head seem to have more of a tilt than the "second version"

Again, i hope im wrong, but confirmation and some updated pics from P1 would go a long way
Yep, I agree with you.

I mean I get that this obviously not a great comparison but I don't know man, the one on the right seems to be tilting/leaning/whatever more than the one on the left. And the colors are off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	119278  
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:20 PM   #1162
SONICobra
Batman

Yeah look how much more his upper torso is tilted down and his head is lower compared to his right shoulder. Hopefully its just terrible camera angles but looks different from all sides to me

Can anyone in the facebook group bring this up and get some kind of confirmation what the production piece is actually going to look like?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #1163
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
maybe sales not so high like they expected and they pulled the plug?
I don't think they pulled the plug because the majority of the EX on each statue released so far has been Waitlisted (Poison Ivy, Hush Batman, Sculpted Cape Superman) so it's been selling rather well. I can't imagine Prime 1 not giving us Hush Catwoman from this line since she is one of the main characters from the story.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #1164
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
I don't think they pulled the plug because the majority of the EX on each statue released so far has been Waitlisted (Poison Ivy, Hush Batman, Sculpted Cape Superman) so it's been selling rather well. I can't imagine Prime 1 not giving us Hush Catwoman from this line since she is one of the main characters from the story.
IDK I mean what people have been saying is true.

No word on Catwoman at all, no hints, teases or confirmation that she's still happening. None of the regular versions have ES yet. Nightwing being outright cancelled indefinitely simply due to some poor feedback.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #1165
mva5580

That's going to be pretty screwed up if they make both a fabric and scuplted cape Huntress in this line, but no Catwoman. I could even add the fabric cape Superman to that since it's one more variation of a character instead of using that budget/production time on a different character. Batman and Catwoman probably should have been the first 2 reveals considering they're really the 2 primary characters in the story.

I will be of the belief that it's being made until they make a statement otherwise. It is a bit odd how far apart it is from all the other statues in this line.

Really hope there is some clarification soon Batman though.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #1166
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
IDK I mean what people have been saying is true.

No word on Catwoman at all, no hints, teases or confirmation that she's still happening. None of the regular versions have ES yet. Nightwing being outright cancelled indefinitely simply due to some poor feedback.
Yeah, it is a bit suspicious on Catwoman Northern but I think Prime 1 would be foolish to leave her out of this lineup considering how well the other statues are doing (Huntress Sculpted Cape being the only one not on Waitlist yet). Nightwing's situation is a mystery but I'm hoping that he's not dead in the water like everyone says and that Prime 1 just needed the time to go back to the drawing board instead to give us a better looking Proto.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #1167
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
That's going to be pretty screwed up if they make both a fabric and scuplted cape Huntress in this line, but no Catwoman. I could even add the fabric cape Superman to that since it's one more variation of a character instead of using that budget/production time on a different character. Batman and Catwoman probably should have been the first 2 reveals considering they're really the 2 primary characters in the story.

I will be of the belief that it's being made until they make a statement otherwise. It is a bit odd how far apart it is from all the other statues in this line.

Really hope there is some clarification soon Batman though.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
Yeah, it is a bit suspicious on Catwoman Northern but I think Prime 1 would be foolish to leave her out of this lineup considering how well the other statues are doing (Huntress Sculpted Cape being the only one not on Waitlist yet). Nightwing's situation is a mystery but I'm hoping that he's not dead in the water like everyone says and that Prime 1 just needed the time to go back to the drawing board instead to give us a better looking Proto.
I agree with this as well. Maybe they're saving her for that show (Wonder Fest?) in February?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:00 PM   #1168
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

If they don't make Hush Catwoman then I'll just throw the AK Catwoman with the other Hush statues. It's close enough to the Hush look for me.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #1169
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

It would be odd to not do HCW after seeing what the HPO Ex is. That's like doing AK Scarecrow Ex and not having a Batman to use the head on.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #1170
mva5580

Yeah I mean I still think they're going to make it, it's just a bit odd to have so little said about, no little "sneak peek" type thing that they seem to do with a lot of pieces, and have it so far apart from when most of the others were revealed.

I would have thought Huntress and Nightwing would have been the 2 that would have been the final pieces worked on/announced. Superman/Ivy have been available for quite a while now, and yet Batman is without Catwoman. And like you said Ivy even comes with a Catwoman themed piece. Which also seems to be a bit of a theme for this line; Superman comes with an Ivy based piece, (thorn piece for neck) Batman with Superman, (Kryptonite ring) and Ivy with Catwoman. (cat/briefcase)