Old 12-04-2018, 01:45 AM   #281
qz33
Rescue

That Supergirl is so fine
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:56 PM   #282
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Got Red Hood in today. I personally think he's awesome and goes perfectly with the ladies.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:02 PM   #283
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Well, I was happy to get my last really "grail" bishoujo today. I didn't regret passing on her originally, until I found Mara Jade in a comic shop for retail price a couple years ago and snatched her up. That sealed the deal, and I then had to find a Jania Solo to go with her, so I've been looking for a while. I got Jania for $102 (free shipping) which I thought was a pretty decent price, but I was so disappointed when I took her out of the box. Her base is super yellowed. None of my other bishoujos (that are on display) have any discoloration to their bases. This thing is straight up amber though, not the crisp colorless acrylic it should be. It was new, still in a sealed box, so all I can think of is that it maybe got stored where it was too hot? I'm contacting the seller to see if there's any options to resolve it, so we'll see. It looks even more amber-like in person that the photos show. Man, that was a disappointment, but at least the figure itself seems ok so far. Her left hand with the helmet seems a bit loose, that's my only worry is that will fall out one day too.

Edit: I just put her light saber on, I had originally thought it was held up by an acrylic rod for some reason, I had no idea it was a teeny tiny pin on her pinky finger. That was nerve wracking to attach.\

EDIT: The seller agreed that the pictures show the yellowing very well, so they were nice enough to offer a partial refund of $25. That's more than generous for me, so I'm going to take them up on that. I let them know the figure itself looked good, so I'm a-ok with that as a solution. I doubt there's any way to remove the yellowing, but maybe one day I'll make her a custom base.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4989.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	119235   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4992.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	119236  

Last edited by UnicornPegasus; 12-07-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Adding in resolution from seller section.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #284
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Well, I was happy to get my last really "grail" bishoujo today. I didn't regret passing on her originally, until I found Mara Jade in a comic shop for retail price a couple years ago and snatched her up. That sealed the deal, and I then had to find a Jania Solo to go with her, so I've been looking for a while. I got Jania for $102 (free shipping) which I thought was a pretty decent price, but I was so disappointed when I took her out of the box. Her base is super yellowed. None of my other bishoujos (that are on display) have any discoloration to their bases. This thing is straight up amber though, not the crisp colorless acrylic it should be. It was new, still in a sealed box, so all I can think of is that it maybe got stored where it was too hot? I'm contacting the seller to see if there's any options to resolve it, so we'll see. It looks even more amber-like in person that the photos show. Man, that was a disappointment, but at least the figure itself seems ok so far. Her left hand with the helmet seems a bit loose, that's my only worry is that will fall out one day too.

Edit: I just put her light saber on, I had originally thought it was held up by an acrylic rod for some reason, I had no idea it was a teeny tiny pin on her pinky finger. That was nerve wracking to attach.\

EDIT: The seller agreed that the pictures show the yellowing very well, so they were nice enough to offer a partial refund of $25. That's more than generous for me, so I'm going to take them up on that. I let them know the figure itself looked good, so I'm a-ok with that as a solution. I doubt there's any way to remove the yellowing, but maybe one day I'll make her a custom base.
A roller coaster of a ride. Congrats on finding your last "grail" bishoujo at a good price, arg on the yellowed base, but great resolution with the seller.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #285
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Awesome find U.P.! Sorry to hear about the base but it was good the seller was reasonable & generous.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #286
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
A roller coaster of a ride. Congrats on finding your last "grail" bishoujo at a good price, arg on the yellowed base, but great resolution with the seller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
Awesome find U.P.! Sorry to hear about the base but it was good the seller was reasonable & generous.
Thanks to you both. She is just so cute. I'm happy to finally have her.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #287
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Got Red Hood in today. I personally think he's awesome and goes perfectly with the ladies.

They do look great together! I may have to hunt down Batwoman now LOL.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #288
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Finally got the Gambit piece...I should be done with these things for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181212_095812.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	386.7 KB
ID:	119336  
Mepaphoros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #289
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Finally got the Gambit piece...I should be done with these things for a while.
Congratulations. That Gambit is beautiful, one of my favorites.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #290
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
Congratulations. That Gambit is beautiful, one of my favorites.
Thank you! Very happy.
Mepaphoros is online now   Reply With Quote