Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-13-2018, 10:43 PM   #381
built2shred
Phoenix

I can't remember if I got 100% of my deposit back or not.... oh well... I can't blame companies for doing the NRD's or Restocking Fee's if there a small company especially if their made to order....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #382
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I can't remember if I got 100% of my deposit back or not.... oh well... I can't blame companies for doing the NRD's or Restocking Fee's if there a small company especially if their made to order....
I have no problem with it either. All I ask is that it’s clearly disclosed up front so I know what I’m getting into before I place my order. Sounds like they’re rectifying that.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:05 AM   #383
bwestley13
Birdman

I see this mistake only hurting two groups.

For Tweeterhead it both hurts their bottom line on cost per unit and their reputation for giving super exclusives for pre-ordering groups of items.

The second group is flippers who think that because they got something super exclusive that they should list it for multiple times retail. IMHO flippers should GDIF.

For the 1800+ others who are getting the riser as an added bonus, most of them probably won't know that they weren't suppose to get it.

That being said, Chad really needs to hire a better webdesigner. Any cancellation fees NEED to be clearly stated prior to final sale. It being hidden can lead to losing disputes of chargebacks. I had to email Debbie about not being able to find https://tweeterhead.com/my-account/
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:05 AM   #384
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

^GDIF... Also hurts those that decided to PO an item to get the riser. Bud and Lou in my case...I probably would've been able to get them for less on the secondary market. It was a mistake, though...they didn't intend for it to happen. Factory messed up. I'll give them a pass. They're probably paying more for it than anyone...literally.

Yeah, I shouldn't need to read a walkthrough to find my orders. They're working on it apparently.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:42 AM   #385
Gothamite
Phoenix

Found this on Tweeterhead's Instagram page:

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:57 AM   #386
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

Yes that is the problem, EVERYONE is getting the bonus riser. Not just the few that pre-ordered all three before Sept 30th.

Tweeterhead posted on their facebook the edition sizes around that time too.
Harley Quinn 1500 reg. 500 ex
Joker 1500 reg. 500 ex
Bud and Lou 200 total
Since Bud and Lou are also being sold elsewhere, they probably had way less than 200 that were suppose to get the bonus riser.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #387
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
I see this mistake only hurting two groups.

For Tweeterhead it both hurts their bottom line on cost per unit and their reputation for giving super exclusives for pre-ordering groups of items.

The second group is flippers who think that because they got something super exclusive that they should list it for multiple times retail. IMHO flippers should GDIF.

For the 1800+ others who are getting the riser as an added bonus, most of them probably won't know that they weren't suppose to get it.

That being said, Chad really needs to hire a better webdesigner. Any cancellation fees NEED to be clearly stated prior to final sale. It being hidden can lead to losing disputes of chargebacks. I had to email Debbie about not being able to find https://tweeterhead.com/my-account/
The website re-do is something that is being looked into. The unfortunate thing is a proper website design is at a minimum $35K. That's a lot of dough when you are launching a new line. Eventually almost every thing will be smoothed out. The riser issue was a result of a series of unfortunate events, and not everyone will be getting the additional hand, head, and $15. The only one that will probably lose out is TH since I am sure they will have to pay for the additional risers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
^GDIF... Also hurts those that decided to PO an item to get the riser. Bud and Lou in my case...I probably would've been able to get them for less on the secondary market. It was a mistake, though...they didn't intend for it to happen. Factory messed up. I'll give them a pass. They're probably paying more for it than anyone...literally.

Yeah, I shouldn't need to read a walkthrough to find my orders. They're working on it apparently.
Yes. And just like a new house, you never know there are issues until they pop up (i'm still dealing with that part:-( ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

That is a beautiful shot of the group. The riser was initially only made because Chad thought Harley looked too short next to Joker and he wanted her to look like she was flying.

Quote:
Yes that is the problem, EVERYONE is getting the bonus riser. Not just the few that pre-ordered all three before Sept 30th.

Tweeterhead posted on their facebook the edition sizes around that time too.
Harley Quinn 1500 reg. 500 ex
Joker 1500 reg. 500 ex
Bud and Lou 200 total
Since Bud and Lou are also being sold elsewhere, they probably had way less than 200 that were suppose to get the bonus riser.
Yes it is still a very low amount that will have a riser regardless of whether they purchased the trio. Unless you have issues like this, you can never learn.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #388
Augen
The Hulk

I have a lot of sympathy as someone who runs a small business. Mistakes happen and costs involved have to be considered carefully. You always want everything to run smoothly and take care of customers, but some situations happen and have to take losses unfortunately.

To me the key in customer relations is communications and showing you care about the problem and I think Tweeterhead are doing that.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #389
bwestley13
Birdman

Quarantine Studios, an even smaller producer, seems to use the same cart system as Tweeterhead. They have an easy to find link to the My-account dashboard and give proper cancellation warning while placing a pre-order.

I don't think they need a full redesign, just fix a few broken things.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #390
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Quarantine Studios, an even smaller producer, seems to use the same cart system as Tweeterhead. They have an easy to find link to the My-account dashboard and give proper cancellation warning while placing a pre-order.

I don't think they need a full redesign, just fix a few broken things.
The account link definitely needs to make a first page appearance. I'm only guessing that with Chad it's a go big or go home attitude when it comes to the website. we'll see.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote