Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
strigo
Doh!

Bought XM Scorpion, received Moon Knight

Got a package today...but boy, was I for a treat. I was already waiting for Scorpion for more than a week, and as soon as it arrived, I signed the shipping forms, brought the package inside and immediately started opening the box...initially I found a bit weird for it to have less height rather than length, but proceeded nevertheless...unstrapped the box, lifted the styrofoam cover, and was immediately shocked to see the wrong statue had been sent. Honestly, I don't know what to do now. Since I wanted the Scorpion and there's a fair chance that the statue is no longer available at the store where I bought it, I'm in the middle of a crossroad. I don't know if I should return it and seek some form of compensation in case Scorpion is sold out, whether I accept to keep Moon Knight, or to put it for sale at my local distributor (which sadly had sold all Scorpion statues by the time I contacted them).
Any suggestions on how to approach the seller and negotiate this rather odd situation would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
strigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:16 PM   #2
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Do you even want Moon Knight?
As "assholeish" as it sounds...if you want MK and he cost more, you just got a deal.

Sounds like your first step is to see if you can send it back for the statue you actually purchased.

If the one you wanted is no longer available, then you have a decision to make.

If so, pay or get back the difference?

If not, send it back for your money back.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
strigo
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
As "assholeish" as it sounds...if you want MK and he cost more, you just got a deal.
I totally get what you mean, however they cost exactly the same. Sadly, it's one of those statues that I simply don't find that appealing. It's a "rare" piece due to its limited run (270 units against the 300 mark for Scorpion). But then it begs the question: if MK only reached 270, how sought after is it really? (and valuable for that matter in case I decide to keep it just to put it immediately on sale) It almost reminds of Kaleb's Thor, much more awesome IMHO, but that one never got to leave the sketch book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Sounds like your first step is to see if you can send it back for the statue you actually purchased.
If the one you wanted is no longer available, then you have a decision to make.

If so, pay or get back the difference?
If not, send it back for your money back.
Sadly, MK is not my cup of tea. I think I have to prepare myself for the fact that I won't be getting Scorpion statue and this effort was all for nothing. But what's really frustrating to me is the fact that once I commited to this store, I stopped searching for other places that would still have Scorpion statues available.
strigo is offline   Reply With Quote