Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2019, 02:39 AM   #421
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
That's kind of a low ES for a spidey statue these days, but quite a few people dislike this one I guess. I may wait for as long as I can before ordering.
There’s also a lot of options out there for Spider-Man. People can be choosy because of the options. For SS alone this is their 4th go round with him in this scale in this costume (a few lines added in, but standard costume basically). Plus the Amazing Spider-Man PF is still in stock, the XM is on the way, and all of the people who already have a 1/4 Spider-Man (the OG PF, The Iron Studios, customs, etc). There was just no need for this to have a large ES when so many people have him already and have other options.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:45 AM   #422
Peedi
The Secret Six

Probably because I have enough of the same costume I would’ve preferred more risks on this one like SS has done with other characters (DD, Cap, BW, Wolverine). Something like what Ultimate Alliance 3 did, took some cues from the movie costume it seems.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:45 AM   #423
BurningRage
Inhumans

Never would’ve thought a Punisher pf would have twice the total edition size of a Spider-Man pf.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:36 AM   #424
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
There’s also a lot of options out there for Spider-Man. People can be choosy because of the options. For SS alone this is their 4th go round with him in this scale in this costume (a few lines added in, but standard costume basically). Plus the Amazing Spider-Man PF is still in stock, the XM is on the way, and all of the people who already have a 1/4 Spider-Man (the OG PF, The Iron Studios, customs, etc). There was just no need for this to have a large ES when so many people have him already and have other options.
Ironically, I like this one the most out of all the ones before if we are talking just straight blue/red costume. I currently don't have a red/blue spidey, but I also dig the XM version as well. I don't get why SS hasn't done more of his alternate costumes. There's so many to choose from that would sell well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:43 AM   #425
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

After viewing con vids, like this a lot more than expected. A beautiful sculpt.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #426
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Just wait for the finished XM piece and he has three heads.

I dont know how anyone can like statues that have a COH when the SEAM can not be hidden like on the XM Spidey statue that will have 3 portraits... THE STUPID SEAM on his neck is VISIBLE and how do you XM Fanboys accept that WHACKNESS!

Statues that can HIDE THE SEAM under mixed media or hidden by being tucked under armor, etc...

Good DESIGNS HIDE Seams and if it can not be hidden then the swap outs should not be an option... SEAMS suck especially on statues like the Hulk Vs Wolverine, Hulk doesnt have a swap out head, but for stupid breakage reasons they made the Hulk portrait attachable leaving a stupid visible seam and guess what a deal breaker for some... I as well as others would've bought it if the DUMB SEAM was not there!

Hulk could’ve easily had no Seam and that portrait would have arrived fine just like the Wolverine portrait came attached with NO SEAM so SIDESHOW how come HULK had to have this SEAM when he has no swap out head???

XM is just as whack seeing there seams on their Spidey... When my older statues from the past were sculpted without Dumb seams and attachments guess what they still arrived in good shape. So, companies making everything attachable now because they think it will be safer is DUMB when it leaves visible SEAMS... Just pack it better instead of making the statues into attachable pieces! If THE design shows a SEAM then TRASH IT!

For Instance, when you attach Thanos’s Gauntlet it slides over the arm leaving no Visible Seam and that is how you design an attachable part.. No Seams!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #427
CWalker
The Avengers

The neck seam would actually be more realistic than not. It is a separate mask.

But get what you like.

There's other reasons I wouldn't get the XM besides the neck seam.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #428
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I dont know how anyone can like statues that have a COH when the SEAM can not be hidden like on the XM Spidey statue that will have 3 portraits... THE STUPID SEAM on his neck is VISIBLE and how do you XM Fanboys accept that WHACKNESS!

Statues that can HIDE THE SEAM under mixed media or hidden by being tucked under armor, etc...

Good DESIGNS HIDE Seams and if it can not be hidden then the swap outs should not be an option... SEAMS suck especially on statues like the Hulk Vs Wolverine, Hulk doesnt have a swap out head, but for stupid breakage reasons they made the Hulk portrait attachable leaving a stupid visible seam and guess what a deal breaker for some... I as well as others would've bought it if the DUMB SEAM was not there!

Hulk could’ve easily had no Seam and that portrait would have arrived fine just like the Wolverine portrait came attached with NO SEAM so SIDESHOW how come HULK had to have this SEAM when he has no swap out head???

XM is just as whack seeing there seams on their Spidey... When my older statues from the past were sculpted without Dumb seams and attachments guess what they still arrived in good shape. So, companies making everything attachable now because they think it will be safer is DUMB when it leaves visible SEAMS... Just pack it better instead of making the statues into attachable pieces! If THE design shows a SEAM then TRASH IT!

For Instance, when you attach Thanos’s Gauntlet it slides over the arm leaving no Visible Seam and that is how you design an attachable part.. No Seams!
Bryan Tan already said XM is going to provide 3 separate upper body’s for each portrait with no seam for no extra cost.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:04 AM   #429
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
The neck seam would actually be more realistic than not. It is a separate mask.

But get what you like.

There's other reasons I wouldn't get the XM besides the neck seam.
Not really because even in the movies the way the MASK tucks into the outfit hides the Seam.. When Spidey wears the outfit the mask blends in and No seam is visible....

Anyway seams on statues suck and it just takes away from the Spidey ambience because all versions of him do not have a neck seam even with the Mask.

Please, show me any pic from Spidey art or any of the Movie outfits and none have a visible seam.. Real fabric tucks in and seam is hidden. Also, the XM pose is not as good as the SS pose..

SS Spidey is ok, but better dynamic poses can be made.. Also, the SS Spidey also has a dumb SEAM..

On statues that can not hide the seam I rather just have one permanent portrait so there is no seam versus having it with swap outs!

I was pretty pissed the entire Spidey Comiquette is fully sculpted and they made his Left hand attachable with a seam trying to be hidden with his black lines, but if the magnet is slightly off it leaves a stupid gap where the seam is... The left hand couldve easily been sculpted fully to the piece permanently attached instead of being separate. SS reasoning was thinking it could maybe break... But, with good packing a permanent left hand would have be fine!

WHACK, just pack the statue better... Many times factories suck these days with magnet placement and many times I get pieces with the magnet slightly off leaving it with a gap or not sitting flush.

I miss the days when my statues were fully sculpted as one piece or maybe go back to PEGS even though they can get stuck they can have better FLUSH results then an off magnet...

Also, with metal pegs if its not sliding in you can at least widen the hole if careful versus if magnets are placed wrong there is no fix unless you drill out the magnet.

Nothing worse then a part not fitting and just seeing a gap.. Especially, with poor factory QC magnets and swap outs just leaves more room for Factory mistakes versus having the head or part sculpted as one piece!

These factories are garbage with magnet placement... Looking at you PCS! Many times I got statues with them having REVERSED MAGNETS meaning the part could not attach no matter what since the magnets were reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Bryan Tan already said XM is going to provide 3 separate upper body’s for each portrait with no seam for no extra cost.

Thanks for the info!
Old 09-28-2019, 09:11 AM   #430
ALF_1
Justice League

Double post