Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #451
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It never ceases to amaze me how often one pic will throw collectors into a frenzy. Just like with every other release in this hobby, I'll wait and see what I get. Unfortunately, I dread having to sift through the nonsense and cries of "The sky is falling!" in this thread while waiting for more in-hand pics.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #452
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #453
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how often one pic will throw collectors into a frenzy. Just like with every other release in this hobby, I'll wait and see what I get. Unfortunately, I dread having to sift through the nonsense and cries of "The sky is falling!" in this thread while waiting for more in-hand pics.
And on the other hand, I'm sure there are people that are just tired of dealing with issue after issue after issue with these companies.

I mean two pieces are coming out at the same time, and both seem to have issues based on the pics that have been posted so far. It doesn't put a good taste in my mouth at all, and I don't even have my first TH piece in hand yet. But, you're right, I should just sit and clap my hands in joy that I may be getting a statue with a hideous neck seam that I have to display on the ground level not to see.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #454
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
And on the other hand, I'm sure there are people that are just tired of dealing with issue after issue after issue with these companies.

I mean two pieces are coming out at the same time, and both seem to have issues based on the pics that have been posted so far. It doesn't put a good taste in my mouth at all, and I don't even have my first TH piece in hand yet. But, you're right, I should just sit and clap my hands in joy that I may be getting a statue with a hideous neck seam that I have to display on the ground level not to see.
Orrrr wait till you get it in hand to see if it does has a problem instead of jumping to conclusions, or joining the overreaction band wagon. We have one picture with a problem and two with out problems. People freaking out over one pic, and that one pic is only a issue at a certain angle. Even if there is a problem TH has a track record of fixing the problem, Chads already postednhell make the Superman issue right if this is a problem he’ll fix it too.

I have 8 Tweeterhead statues so far. Zero issues. I have faith this one will be fine and if it’s not they will handle it like they’ve done in the past.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:14 PM   #455
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hopefully someone will post some good pics or well lit video soon.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #456
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

So not having purchased any tweeterhead statues yet, when you get an issue like this, do they want you to reach out to where you bought it from, or reach out to them directly? I could see Sideshow or bbts or whomever being reluctant to be caught in the middle.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:01 PM   #457
Karnis
Blue Falcon

All's quiet now after a busy Christmas day with family so I took a few pics for you guys before I sealed it up for return. I snapped a few pics from my workbench & all I did was crop off excess head room, no flash, no color adjustment. The last couple are my 1/6 scale statue display w/ flash for context. R-click on the image, open it in a new tab & you can see it full resolution. Really nice statue except for the neck seam on mine, & the left leg refuses to go fully into the base. Its been 24 hours so it's at room temp now....it ain't a-goin' in & I ain't a-forcin' it. As you can see the neck seam on mine is pretty ugly. Hopefully it's a one-off defect & everyone else's comes out better than mine did. Enjoy, discuss...and play nice. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_190937.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	119577   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_190944.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	119578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_191042.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	119579   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_191057.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	119580   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_191116.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	119581  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_191143.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	119582   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_191219.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	119583   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_191716.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	119584   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181225_192515.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	119585  
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:09 PM   #458
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
So not having purchased any tweeterhead statues yet, when you get an issue like this, do they want you to reach out to where you bought it from, or reach out to them directly? I could see Sideshow or bbts or whomever being reluctant to be caught in the middle.
I got mine from SS specifically because if there's an issue, SS will take it back within their 30 day window. I just uploaded 2 pics & an explanation on their return form web page.

I've found over the years that great customer service is much more valuable than any EX swap out accessories.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #459
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
All's quiet now after a busy Christmas day with family so I took a few pics for you guys before I sealed it up for return. I snapped a few pics from my workbench & all I did was crop off excess head room, no flash, no color adjustment. The last couple are my 1/6 scale statue display w/ flash for context. R-click on the image, open it in a new tab & you can see it full resolution. Really nice statue except for the neck seam on mine, & the left leg refuses to go fully into the base. Its been 24 hours so it's at room temp now....it ain't a-goin' in & I ain't a-forcin' it. As you can see the neck seam on mine is pretty ugly. Hopefully it's a one-off defect & everyone else's comes out better than mine did. Enjoy, discuss...and play nice. ;-)
She actually looks really great beyond the very noticeable seam. I'm hoping it's just a one-off.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:45 PM   #460
Rexdriver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hey Karnis, nice collection of Tweeterheads there, especially the Batman 66s!

Anyway, it is quite obvious that the seam problem you have is a defect. It is not just a seam, it’s a gap, like the head has a half mm more to be inserted down that neck.. Superman’s and Joker’s heads are detachable too but they don’t have a gap like that.

I have to say though that this is probably the first skin on skin connecting point I have seen done on a swap out part for a statue. There will be a seam no matter how well done, so the design is a questionable decision.
Rexdriver is offline   Reply With Quote