Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #11
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Man I REALLY want to but as you know I have committed a good bit of my hobby money to the limited 30 Arnie and his ho Conan and Level52 is putting out 3 new Frazettas at the same time and hasn't announced pricing yet but holy cr@p that Cleo looks awesome.

It isn't fair I can't afford everything I want
that's 3 frazettas too many..less is better...zero! Cleopatra blows them all to oblivion
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #12
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
that's 3 frazettas too many..less is better...zero! Cleopatra blows them all to oblivion
No way mate. These Frazetta's from Level52 and that custom Conan & Valeria are amazing. I do have a few ARH pieces but for now my money is going elsewhere.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #13
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Conan& Valeria is amazing.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:38 PM   #14
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Yep, I have the kit on pre order.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #15
Brandon
The X-Men

...No one attack me but...What's the big deal with these Frazetta pieces? I see them quite a bit and they're always overpriced. Are they based from TV show or Movie I haven't seen.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #16
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
...No one attack me but...What's the big deal with these Frazetta pieces? I see them quite a bit and they're always overpriced. Are they based from TV show or Movie I haven't seen.
Assuming you are serious Frank Frazetta is the godfather of fantasy art, he started painting and drawing at an early age but was at the peak of his work in the 60's through the early 90's and even continued to paint left handed after he had a stroke. His covers of the Ace Conan Paperbacks virtually single handedly brought Conan to modern culture and made new fans. Conan was written in the 1930's as short stories but they were compiled, completed (and in some cases written) by L Sprague DeCamp in a 12 book series with Frazetta covers. He also did covers for Creepy and Eerie magazines, Kane Paperbacks, other paperbacks, movie posters, albums, and on and on. Virtually anyone doing this kind of art today will tell you they were influenced by Frank Frazetta.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #17
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Assuming you are serious Frank Frazetta is the godfather of fantasy art, he started painting and drawing at an early age but was at the peak of his work in the 60's through the early 90's and even continued to paint left handed after he had a stroke. His covers of the Ace Conan Paperbacks virtually single handedly brought Conan to modern culture and made new fans. Conan was written in the 1930's as short stories but they were compiled, completed (and in some cases written) by L Sprague DeCamp in a 12 book series with Frazetta covers. He also did covers for Creepy and Eerie magazines, Kane Paperbacks, other paperbacks, movie posters, albums, and on and on. Virtually anyone doing this kind of art today will tell you they were influenced by Frank Frazetta.
Sheeesh...The godfather of fantasy art...Well now I can understand the hype. I've heard his name before, I just didn't know his story. Thanks.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #18
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Sheeesh...The godfather of fantasy art...Well now I can understand the hype. I've heard his name before, I just didn't know his story. Thanks.
You must be a young guy. WAY back before computers or even faxes I used to order prints of Frazetta paintings with money I made from my paper route or grocery store stock boy from Frank's Wife Ellie. I would send her a check snail mail and I would get a tube with prints and usually a handwritten note of thanks, none of which I saved. I would order as many as I could afford. This was the mid to late 70's. I wish photobucket hadn't gone to crap or you could see my "Mostly Frazetta Office" which is my collection. I may make a new thread soon but right now I don't have accessible pics.

Shedman got me into Frazetta when I was a kid and he worked at my school. He gave my my first print "Snow Giants" which is still one of my favorites.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #19
Marcel54
Hellboy

Darrin, it is fun to educate young people....well done. I am 63 and got familiair with Frank's work in my teens. Living in Europe back then was nothing like nowadays. No internet, films months later in the theaters, only English paperbacks and so on. I forgot about his work until about 10 years ago and now I am completely hooked again, and the money to spend on this hobby.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:01 PM   #20
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
yeah at $1400 usd + shipping you would expect it to be completely amazing when it arrives..
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote