Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-30-2022, 02:41 AM   #1
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Sideshow Customer Service

I just want to say that Sideshow has awesome customer service. The area that I live in was victim to a very serious flood at the end of november and even though I was basically not affected, the business that accepts packages on my behalf in Sumas Washington ( I live across the border in Canada) was hit really hard. They had over 3 feet of flood water go through their business and many of customers lost a heck of a lot more than I did (they told me one person lost over $100k in graded comics).

I had a Hot Toys Hulkbuster and a Hot Toys AoU Iron Man waiting for me there. Hulkbuster came through unscathed but Ironman was not as lucky. It was completely submerged in the water and the shipper / art box were destroyed. I ended up cleaning up the figure and putting it in a bowl of rice for a couple days and it survived.

I reached out to Sideshow to ask if they could sell me another art box but they said not to worry and shipped me a new one at no charge.

Thank you Sideshow and specifically, thank you Arian at Sideshow Support. You really helped me out and it was appreciated.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 05:36 AM   #2
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Wow that's really nice to hear

You hear so much negativity on this board and forget there are some good things happening too. Am glad the flooding didn't affect you as much as it could have, am very grateful I don't have to contend with earthquakes/floods/other acts of god lol
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:06 AM   #3
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
I just want to say that Sideshow has awesome customer service. The area that I live in was victim to a very serious flood at the end of november and even though I was basically not affected, the business that accepts packages on my behalf in Sumas Washington ( I live across the border in Canada) was hit really hard. They had over 3 feet of flood water go through their business and many of customers lost a heck of a lot more than I did (they told me one person lost over $100k in graded comics).

I had a Hot Toys Hulkbuster and a Hot Toys AoU Iron Man waiting for me there. Hulkbuster came through unscathed but Ironman was not as lucky. It was completely submerged in the water and the shipper / art box were destroyed. I ended up cleaning up the figure and putting it in a bowl of rice for a couple days and it survived.

I reached out to Sideshow to ask if they could sell me another art box but they said not to worry and shipped me a new one at no charge.

Thank you Sideshow and specifically, thank you Arian at Sideshow Support. You really helped me out and it was appreciated.
at last, someone is saying a positive response
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:34 AM   #4
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I've used sideshow support a few times now and not sure why they get a bad reputation. I've had nothing but an extremely positive experience with them.

In fact, one of the reasons I'll buy a piece through sideshow if I'm able to, as I know at least I'll get very good CS and not have to worry about damage or replacements if I need it. Thumbs up from them from this collector.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 10:08 AM   #5
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Only ever had one issue with sideshow support, but every other time they've been plenty accommodating.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 10:30 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

CS at Sideshow used to be 100% excellent.
Over the past two years it has slipped. It tends to come down to who you get to deal with. I get the impression possibly some people quit and they hired some new people. The mission of the new people appeared to focus on convincing the buyer that their product was fine, even if there was clearly an issue. Over all, CS at Sideshow is excellent.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #7
solidgadium
Blue Falcon

My experience with them has been great over the years. Once I sold a quarter scale City Hunter and my customer claimed it arrived with two of the same portraits. I called SS and explained the situation, a week later they shipped out the other portrait at no cost…this was after nearly two years of purchase. Seems they had some laying around that were never claimed. No other company would do this as far as I know.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 11:53 AM   #8
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Having said all this, introducing the bot and then ambassadors is an awful waste of time considering neither of them can really help.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 03:50 PM   #9
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
In fact, one of the reasons I'll buy a piece through sideshow if I'm able to, as I know at least I'll get very good CS and not have to worry about damage or replacements if I need it. Thumbs up from them from this collector.
Same, they've always taken care of any issues. My only critique is that their response time isn't as fast as it used to be, but not bad overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
My experience with them has been great over the years. Once I sold a quarter scale City Hunter and my customer claimed it arrived with two of the same portraits. I called SS and explained the situation, a week later they shipped out the other portrait at no cost?this was after nearly two years of purchase. Seems they had some laying around that were never claimed. No other company would do this as far as I know.
That's very cool.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 04:54 PM   #10
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I've used sideshow support a few times now and not sure why they get a bad reputation. I've had nothing but an extremely positive experience with them.

Same, the pieces where I've had QC issues I've always had partial refunds, or replacement parts sent promptly

If a piece is delayed I can cancel without speaking to anyone and get all my payments refunded including NRD

If a piece is so disappointing I've also had it refunded in full (gal gadot pf)

I think most of the complaints stem from unreasonable expectations and requests, which is often the case with customer service
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote