Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #11
Liho
Fantastic Four

Where do you even find stuff like this? I was looking for the Dark Phoenix EX head, but couldn't find any listings anywhere.
Liho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:24 PM   #12
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I saw the Wolverine EX head on eBay a little while back but I've never looked for/seen the Rogue.

People are going to charge through the nose for them, it's not a surprise. They're tanking the resale value of the statue that they're keeping by selling the EX portion of it plus they know this is the only way for people to get it on sold out statues. $500 is overkill, yes. But really EX heads in the ~$200 range shouldn't be seen as a shock.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #13
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavierov View Post
Where do you even find stuff like this? I was looking for the Dark Phoenix EX head, but couldn't find any listings anywhere.
They do come around. 1 recently sold in Aug 6th for $200 USD.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:04 PM   #14
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The immorality of it all! I will take it a step further.

It is immoral that Sideshow has increased prices to where I am just not happy. I should be able to dictate their prices. Not them! I am entitled to pay what I feel is fair and it is their responsibility to make this right for me! I am the consumer! We have rights! I am right!! Can't we get the government or somebody involved? I also expect free shipping with white glove delivery and this tax thing is making me do some confusing math.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:08 PM   #15
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
The immorality of it all! I will take it a step further.

It is immoral that Sideshow has increased prices to where I am just not happy. I should be able to dictate their prices. Not them! I am entitled to pay what I feel is fair and it is their responsibility to make this right for me! I am the consumer! We have rights! I am right!! Can't we get the government or somebody involved? I also expect free shipping with white glove delivery and this tax thing is making me do some confusing math.

Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:38 PM   #16
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hang on a second, if I were to buy say 10 ex versions of statues, then sell them all on a year later at a higher price, you guys who are laughing at the immoral comment would say that’s ok?

That’s 10 people theoretically who wanted to buy the ex statue originally, then had to wait a year and pay even more money. Doesn’t seem like a very nice thing to do if you ask me.
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #17
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Using an extreme example to make a point is rarely effective.

Also from what I've seen, the hypothetical scenario you present isn't even possible. Sideshow doesn't seem to allow people to buy more than 2 of a statue. And a lot of time on EX's the limit is 1.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #18
Liho
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
They do come around. 1 recently sold in Aug 6th for $200 USD.
Is ebay the place to look? Or is there somewhere better for this sort of thing?
Liho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:50 PM   #19
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
Hang on a second, if I were to buy say 10 ex versions of statues, then sell them all on a year later at a higher price, you guys who are laughing at the immoral comment would say that’s ok?

That’s 10 people theoretically who wanted to buy the ex statue originally, then had to wait a year and pay even more money. Doesn’t seem like a very nice thing to do if you ask me.
At concerts and sporting events this scenario occurs. Scalpers are frowned upon, but people pay so they continue on. I've seen people drop a grand on concert ticket that has face price of $200 so while I wish it wasn't so, it is because both parties agree to sustain it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #20
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post

It's a big gamble nowadays, you might do well or be trying to sell them 30% off what you paid for them. Not to mention tying up money, storage etc.

But yes, I think it's pretty immoral to do that for something you know for certain will sell out quickly and be profitable. I'm sure it happens in every hobby with demand.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote