Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #21
protector2814
Phoenix

Not sure I'm getting the "flow" of this book/event. Two weeks on, issues 1 & 2 of Secret War core books hit, then ... grinding halt, book stops. Odd Battle World books start popping up & now, this week, Secret War tie-ins. Hard to hang-on.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:20 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i think its been interesting so far, definitely has a house of m vibe - that was the first thing I thought of when I started issue 2. ribics art is beautiful and makes reading the story worth while by itself.
Personally, I disagree. Not about Ribic's art which I do agree is stunning. But a comic book is a blend of art and script/story. If I just wanted art I'd pick up an art book. Beautiful art cannot help an incomprehensible or bad story, for me.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:30 AM   #23
SONICobra
Batman

lol yeah im weird, I don't know if its because when I was a kid I never actually "read" comics I just looked at the pictures or if its because I like to draw myself but im in awe of his work. I get to the bottom of the page and go back to stare at it for a minute, hes that good imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:53 AM   #24
rocknroll
Frackin!

is this the biggest crossover ever? it has to be. these are just the secret wars books for the month of may. and there's 57 of them. just for one month.

https://www.dcbservice.com/product/m...ecial-discount
rocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:40 AM   #25
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I know, Last month's Marvel's Previews was crazy!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #26
gracekeeper
Doh!

I wonder if all there'll be another reboot with lots of #1s afterwards, hope not actually
gracekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:26 PM   #27
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Sorry, you're correct. My mistake. Both writers are terrible in my book and I can't tell their work apart. I've not enjoyed the first two issues at all. Bored by them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
I normally can't stand Hickman's work. That being said I have not minded the 1st two issues. In the end this series will be remembered for bringing together the Marvel Universe and the Ultimate one. I think that most of what will happen over the next 6 months or so will be worthless drivel that won't matter in the end. That is why I keep talking myself out of the extra series. I am still going to try some , not as many as I thought I would. You could read the main series and be just fine with this one.
I think both writers can be hit or miss at times. Loved Remender on X-Force, and enjoyed Infinity with Hickman...far more than I thought I should've (or would've). I think Hickman sometimes feels this need to protray his writing as a reflection of him being the 'smartest guy in the room', the same way Morrison can be at times. Read the last issue of New Avengers with Doom on the cover by Hickman (because who doesn't love Doom dialogue) and man, I barely understood what the heck was going on (Molecule Man is the bomb that can ignite multiple universes?! Huh?!)

Haven't read SW yet, sitting on 1&2. I'll try to catch up this weekend.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:10 AM   #28
rocknroll
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracekeeper View Post
I wonder if all there'll be another reboot with lots of #1s afterwards, hope not actually
yeah. they're gonna use this to re-launch everything.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:11 AM   #29
rocknroll
Frackin!

and yeah, I wish they wouldn't keep doing that.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #30
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
After reading the second issue I feel like it was a rehashed version of House of M.

Is anyone out there digging this story? I just can't get into it and feel like I'm reading something that just doesn't matter.
I was really interested in a few titles - but have pretty much lost interest pretty quickly.

Planet Hulk storyline was something I was looking forward to and it turns out to be a Steve Rogers story in disguise. Oh well...

Really bummed that Hulk ended as it was really ramping up to be awesome... and I read Black Widow and Spidey 2099 and Nova monthly - but I might just be done when everything reverts to #1s again. So tired of these re-numberings and relaunches.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote