Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 02-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Jesse321
Galactus

Freestyle Paint Questions / Help Request

Could some kind soul please explain the following to me please ....

What do you use FS Nuance Colors for?

Why do all the FS Irridecent Colors appear clear? Do you use them over a similar base color? Or can you used them over different base colors for different effects?

What's the difference between the FS Pearl Colors and the Metallic Colors? Do they have the same applications, or are they used for different purposes?

How do you properly used the FS Transparent colors?

This would be a REALLY good subject for an article in Kit-Builders!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
Danno
Paint Master
Producer

Hey Jesse,

Nuance Colors are softer versions of transparent paints to add slight hue changes.

Irridecent Colors are simply metal flake in clear carrier. They are sprayed over any color to add a irridecent/metallic effect over a color.

Pearls are pearl and Metallics are metallic, they appear much different in color and reflection. Both are sprayed over another color (typically the same value of color (i.e. white pearl sprayed over white))

Transparents can be used in a variety of different ways, everything from mottling to shading to adjusting base tones.

These paints are covered in different ways in different articles to help show what can be done, only your imagination is the limit to what you can create by mixing and trying new things.

http://www.picturetrail.com/dannodaman
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Hey Jesse,

Nuance Colors are softer versions of transparent paints to add slight hue changes.

Irridecent Colors are simply metal flake in clear carrier. They are sprayed over any color to add a irridecent/metallic effect over a color.

Pearls are pearl and Metallics are metallic, they appear much different in color and reflection. Both are sprayed over another color (typically the same value of color (i.e. white pearl sprayed over white))

Transparents can be used in a variety of different ways, everything from mottling to shading to adjusting base tones.

These paints are covered in different ways in different articles to help show what can be done, only your imagination is the limit to what you can create by mixing and trying new things.
It's such a pleasure to read your explanations!! Even descriptions of the basics teaches me something new!!
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
moore_000
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Great info, Danno. Thanks.
moore_000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
shooter47
Doh!

Red face freestyle paints

when reading this forum or the kitbuilders mag everything is freestyle paints which are not readily available here in the uk what would be my alternative i can easily buy citadel vallejo and createx its just so confusing to myself being a beginner and not being able to get hold of the materials that keep being mentioned any help would be greatly appreciated. Terry UK
shooter47 is offline   Reply With Quote