Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 12-10-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Marvel Zombies paint technique...Possible w/ brushes?

So my airbrush setup is not ready yet. I have a custom I'm working on right now that I want to do in the same color palette/style as Sudyam's zombies, but I was wondering if I can pull it off without an airbrush and not make it look like crap.

Seemed to me that I could just thin the paint out and use a ton of thinned layers to get that watercolor look. Should also reduce brushstrokes in the paint, hopefully. I don't know if some of you more experienced guys have had any success mimicking this style before, and what went into it.

The sculpting is done on this piece, all that remains is finishing a special thing with the base and paints. I'd really like to move on, but I don't know if I should just bite the bullet and wait for my airbrush.

chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Well I'm not some experienced painter, but I've thrown some paint around. And since no one is replying I thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. I think a series of washes should give that result. By the way would you mind posing photos of the sculpt?
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:02 AM   #3
Evlerni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

basic paintbrush techniques are to do your basecoat, then do a wash, then drybrush highlights.
honestly, there are millions of ways to do each step, but stripped down those are your 3 basic steps. My advice would be to play around a bit with it, see what makes you happy.
I did a Jason Vorhees this way, and so far everyone who has seen it has wanted it, I will try to get pics of it posted, but its difficult because I don't have my own camera yet.
Evlerni is offline   Reply With Quote