Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-25-2019, 03:08 PM   #41
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I can´t believe that are people wanting to change such a key element of her. I thinking you´re missing the point, Darkstalkers was the fighting game of monsters from capcom, classical monsters, are all there, draw in a Mangá style, with comic element in it. That´s it, she is not batman´s catwoman.

I think the problem is because Morrigan is so famous today and she is maybe the only character that have proportions more or less close to the real, people start to expect this from all others, this are all cartoons, you can´t redraw Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry to look more real, that doesn´t make sense.

Agree with this - doesn't really make sense to create a great collectible of a character if they fundamentally change a major aspect of the character...
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:55 PM   #42
Foxgod
Justice League

i dont really think you can compare cartoons like bugs bunny to darkstalkers, its more semi realistic with cartoon violence, rather then a cartoon.

about half the cast has regular proportions, only the monster characters such as victor have cartoon proportions.

i prefer felicia like this:
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #43
No1
The Avengers

I really don´t like this...

The proportions in Darkstalkers are not 100% real, none, it´s more like Street Fighter, you don´t have a Ryu without that big feet, he looks almost all proportional, but he isn´t, and if you made him, Ken and others with normal feet it´s gonna looks weird, the same with Chun Li and her enourmous legs, in general looks proportional, but it´s not, they are cartoons with their own characteristics, if you change just to look "more real", you lose their identity, that's why there's so much crap statues around...

But we must wait and see what HMO it's gonna do, I hope they keep the essence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	darkstalkers_redux_by_kiwi_rgb-d31rbos.gif
Views:	30
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	124154  
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:51 AM   #44
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post

I really don´t like this...

The proportions in Darkstalkers are not 100% real, none, it´s more like Street Fighter, you don´t have a Ryu without that big feet, he looks almost all proportional, but he isn´t, and if you made him, Ken and others with normal feet it´s gonna looks weird, the same with Chun Li and her enourmous legs, in general looks proportional, but it´s not, they are cartoons with their own characteristics, if you change just to look "more real", you lose their identity, that's why there's so much crap statues around...

But we must wait and see what HMO it's gonna do, I hope they keep the essence
These proportions from the game dont translate well to statue's.
I dont like any of the Chun-Li statue's ive seen because the legs and thighs look redicilous.

Same would happen if they make Felicia's hand as big as in the game, it would look ugly.
Cammy And Morrigan translate a whole lot better to statue,s. in my opinion to create good looking characters like Chun-Li and Felicia, who have exaggerated features, they should be toned down a bit.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:58 AM   #45
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
i dont really think you can compare cartoons like bugs bunny to darkstalkers, its more semi realistic with cartoon violence, rather then a cartoon.

about half the cast has regular proportions, only the monster characters such as victor have cartoon proportions.

i prefer felicia like this:
I hope that's not even close to the pose HMO go with

I'd like to see this turn into a piece but in a fighting stance.

This looks great.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #46
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I hope that's not even close to the pose HMO go with

I'd like to see this turn into a piece but in a fighting stance.

This looks great.
I agree, the pose should be different, but the proportions would work well for a statue.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #47
dao2
Cyclops

I do hope whatever version they chose they throw some cat-esque eyes on her, they would be an amazing touch.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #48
ukshaun
Hercules

Having checked the SDCC 2019 attendant list, i can't see H.M.O.
I figured they might be there with with Felicia. I guess not.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #49
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Agree with this - doesn't really make sense to create a great collectible of a character if they fundamentally change a major aspect of the character...
It's people who aren't buying her because they are a fan of the character or the game they just want a pretty Catgirl statue....

I know HMO will do the right thing and do the character how she is, how she was designed and how she has been portrayed since 1994.

Be damned those people who want the changes.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #50
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's people who aren't buying her because they are a fan of the character or the game they just want a pretty Catgirl statue....

I know HMO will do the right thing and do the character how she is, how she was designed and how she has been portrayed since 1994.

Be damned those people who want the changes.
Indeed
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote