Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-11-2019, 06:05 AM   #1131
risingstar
Jedi Order

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #1132
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

News on my ticket regarding the sloppy paint: they told the classic "it's hand painted blabla" and of course I'm not OK with this so style waiting for an answer...

Each time I see a support telling me that to excuse poor painting I'm going mad. Especially on such pricey statue.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #1133
PacMan3000
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Nice statue, Can't help but notice Xm really loves small lips on most of their female portraits.
Funny enough, I was just thinking about this. They should have more variety for sure. It would make the female portraits more distinct from one another.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #1134
goto
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
News on my ticket regarding the sloppy paint: they told the classic "it's hand painted blabla" and of course I'm not OK with this so style waiting for an answer...

Each time I see a support telling me that to excuse poor painting I'm going mad. Especially on such pricey statue.
Always the same excuse, they should look at the pictures in the www and compare that ,sorry guys but every blind person sees that it is bad manual work.: NĂ¼sse:
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #1135
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

mine came today. no complaints on the paint app or eyes. looks friggin perfect.
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #1136
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post

Part of the problem is XM doesn't make any replacement parts so I imagine it's costly for them to replace stuff and it seems they've taken the attitude that unless they consider it bad enough for replacement they're not going to do anything.

I've called XM out on a few things and each time all I got was their boiler plate reply... It's to bad because XM was known for their great customer service....

I never did receive my $150 for the broken outfit on Darth Maul, XM with all their talk about resolving the issue and it seems it was largely ignored in the hopes people would forget about it and move on.. And I bought that statue from one of their licensed dealers who said it would be taken care of and here we are several months later and nothing...

I would defiantly say buying XM is becoming a risky proposition, in the sense that if something is wrong with the statue your going to have a uphill battle with them trying to get it resolved.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #1137
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah I was furious how my Maul arrived. Todd from Spec Fiction has done all he could and offered me some options. I am having his guy repair the Maul and also BTW pieces of Storms hair. I should of just returned it TBH but I loved it and so I got it repaired. For me XM pieces will be few going forward.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #1138
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I contacted Bryan directly today because I can't get a correct solution from the support...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:43 AM   #1139
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

If anyone is looking for a Dark Phoenix, let me know, have one available
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #1140
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Mine arrived today and I am really happy with it. I do agree with some of the feedback others have given on the teeth painting. However, I only really notice it if I am looking for that flaw up close.
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote