Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

View Poll Results: Which version of Rogue is better?
1st version (sentinel head as base) 29 46.77%
2nd version (sentinel hand as base) 33 53.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #91
Marbles
Frackin!

I gotta go with the 2nd version - cant wait till its up for presale
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #92
AC_808
Hercules

I'm getting her too. She looks pretty good.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #93
Skully
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I agree. The Koto Rogue blows away her Bowen counterpart. The scale is larger and you can appreciate the statue from more angles. I will say that Bowen's Modern Rogue is pretty amazing as well. Of course, she's doesn't fit with the Jim Lee X-Men, so that argument is moot.

As long as Rogue's @$$ and face match the prototype, she will automatically trump the SS version.
am i missing something??? is there a backside pic floating around??? need to see!!! lol
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:05 AM   #94
AC_808
Hercules

I could only find this, but its more of a side view, rather than a rear shot. But at least it gives some hint ...

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #95
Naru
Mephisto

It doesn't really matter which ones better because you're not gonna have the 1st version available anyway. Those wanting a Rogue in their Collection will buy this one irrespective of her boobs being small or larger than the heads of people on this Forum or whatever analogy works for you. Thats mainly due to a lack of Jim Lee version 1/6 scale Rogue statues available elsewhere, besides the existing Bowen jim lee Rogue of course.
Yes there are concerns I have with the new version paricularly with the change out head with the shorter hair being offered that may not be used by most collectors and you run the risk of chipping the collar while putting it in the head as the groove on the collar looks fairly narrow. You end up with a case like the pointless removable helmet on the recent jugs that was released. I guess it would be nice to see a vote on whether we need a change out head or is the long haired head sculpt just good enough on its own.
No heels or different heels and a looser belt would enhance this statue I think in my opinion. I am in the camp of wanting a rogue in my collection and would get her anyway but would be lot happier looking at the statue everyday without the what if and only if Koto had changed the prototype a bit.

Having said that I think its important as collectors to voice their opinions on what they like and they don't like in statues that will be released in the coming months as it may help in bettering an existing design.
Collectors also have to understand that these are collectibles we are talking about which are purchased by a very small segment of people either out of choice or just financial constraints in induldging in a hobby unlike say cars or computers or phones.The point being, as much as we are reliant on company's like Koto, Bowen, SS to fuel our cravings for these pieces they are equally reliant on this segment that they cater to run their businesses and in turn give us more characters and better quality that we ask for.
That little rant aside... Let the debate continue.
Cheers everyone!
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #96
Skully

wow 8 days in and its 50/50. i guess fans really are split between the 2 versions. one thing's for sure though, i'm sure everybody is happy we are finally getting rogue danger room sessions!!! thank you mr. sosa and kotobukiya and whoever campaigned for this to happen! you guys know who you are!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #97
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Yes happy this is finally coming out,I guess whoever wants that sabertooth that was canceled needs to start another campaign or petition for him to get re made, this is a killer sculpt.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #98
Skully

Quote:
Originally Posted by amloprinzi View Post
Yes happy this is finally coming out,I guess whoever wants that sabertooth that was canceled needs to start another campaign or petition for him to get re made, this is a killer sculpt.
good idea. i'll start a new campaign for sabretooth! koto, you guys better pay attention!!! hahahaha