Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #131
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Yep, exactly what Carlos said. Those are all old commissions or covers. I haven't seen a new commission from Clay for quite some time. I'm also a big fan of Clay and have had nothing but positive experiences with him. That being said, I wouldn't commission him for an at-home piece going forward. He is immensely talented and a nice, soft spoken guy, but the prices have gone up a lot in recent years, plus the stories haven't been that great. Proceed with caution.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #132
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

yeah if you read these nightmare stories and still want to jump in, best of luck!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #133
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
yeah if you read these nightmare stories and still want to jump in, best of luck!
That sounds tongue-in-cheek but there is so much truth to that. I am astonished at how many times I see 2 scenarios play out in the years I have been in this hobby.

1. Pay up front a large sum of money without specific expectations about the conditions of the commission or doing any research about the artist in question’s commission reputation
2. Do #1 again after being burned or seeing vast amounts of evidence of others being burned on a bad commission experience with said artist.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:14 PM   #134
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
what clay mann has been posting have been a combination of some really old commissions, some old covers and some new covers. he hasn't been posting new commissions.

clay is highly talented but he takes an incredibly long time with commissions. if you go in, go in expecting several years of wait.
thanks for the heads up. i will take you advice to heart. does clay require full payment up front? i just got the contact info from Punisher, so i'll write his rep and see what they have to say. after speaking to him, will give me an idea of if i want to proceed or not.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:11 PM   #135
Ants
Frackin!

Hey, I was wondering if anyone got any of their pieces?
Ants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:47 PM   #136
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Nope. They were supposed to be all done in February and I haven't received anything on any of my...five.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #137
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Machismo View Post
Nope. They were supposed to be all done in February and I haven't received anything on any of my...five.
Five? Yikes.....that doesn't bode well for the list, which is probably much larger than any of us think.

The end of Feb has come and gone and we've barely seen anything with the exception of a few sketch covers from that CGC opp.

He got back to me recently to extend my completion date to C2E2, but it's pretty worrisome that there are so many commissions in the queue.....I'm concerned that some of the pieces are going to be rushed, just to pare down the list.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:58 AM   #138
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'm so sorry to read this thread. Looks like hit bit off more than he can chew. Hope he can catch up
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:11 AM   #139
Ants
Frackin!

hum...kinda weird that absolutely NO ONE has received their art...damn, I feel like it's going to be another year of waiting
Ants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #140
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ants View Post
hum...kinda weird that absolutely NO ONE has received their art...damn, I feel like it's going to be another year of waiting
Is he on a book now? Might explain why we haven't seen any art from him
aric is offline   Reply With Quote